BF4 Issues.. Any ideas?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
In this case it's just graphics settings the fact they are configurable isn't really cheating surely? The customisation allowed is the reason we game on PC :)

You can't tweak these in the standard options menu, right? So 'normal' players are not aware of these settings.. Only people that look further will find out about these cgf possibilities and I think that minority is below 1%...

So 1% having the edge over others, i see as cheating. Sorry :|

Most of them you can change in the game apart from maybe which DX version you use, shadow resolution and certain aspects of motion blur which you can disable anyway, they offer no real advantage apart from better or worse FPS in-game (and worse or better graphics of course)

You don't have to apologise just different opinions ;)

Most of them you can change in the game apart from maybe which DX version you use, shadow resolution and certain aspects of motion blur which you can disable anyway, they offer no real advantage apart from better or worse FPS in-game (and worse or better graphics of course)

You don't have to apologise just different opinions ;)

since 2 days i am using that bf4 settings editor from realmware (which someone advise on facebook, i think it was supair, wasn't it?).

the game is not so laggy any more and better to play. dont know exactly what it does or how it works but i cant see more enemy players than before, i cant aim automatically, i have not more health, i am not quicker than before, you can still spot me and so on and so on.....so for me it is no hacking or cheat tool either.

Cfg files aren't cheating.you can achieve the same results by putting your settings to low. Do I have the suppression blur cfg file.. Yes I do but I also calleed my fps to 60. This is no different than turning off shadows and lighting in bf2

I would imagine that the GeForce Experience may be doing some of the config changes. Different versions of drivers could have optimisations for games that improve performance in the same way that benchmarks are gamed.

I suppose that you could argue that having a mouse with more than two buttons is a cheat as you can reload or knife quicker than using a keyboard key. There are definitely times when you see left/right/left movements that must be a macro because of the regularity of the movement.

oh yes. forgot to mention i got that geforce experience too and also turned down the blur effect in the game settings similar to that youtube video.

As for myself I think any change to the game that is not in the standard set of options given to you could be considered as a cheat.

Okay, not as bad as aimbots and wallhacks etc. but still these cfg files give you a small advantage over your opponent which isnt fair.

I was wondering is it risky do something like that if punkbuster thinks its hacking or something. I switch all options from Options menu becouse im paranoid and fearing i fuck up something and mess whole game with console commands. :p

If they allow you to modify a setting through console/cfg files it won't get you banned. Unless you're doing something like injecting an external .dll files etc

Yes that was my point, if im not sure what im doing and i fear i mess up something then i should not touch console at all. :D

Used that config file and I would say there was an improvement in playability. It is difficult to say what the effect was but there were a few times when I got a kill (and would have expected to get) that I would probably not got before. I guess things felt a little more responsive.

This may be worth a try too:

Go to the BF4 folder in .\origin games\Battlefield 4\ Open ._Installer\directx\redist Right click on DXSETUP.exe and click "Run as Administrator" What this does is install the DirectX libraries that were copied to your hard drive but never installed that are needed for DirectX to properly process the game code.

i'm getting a better experience using the .cfg file as well although i now get screen tearing sometimes, do you think enabling the triple buffer would solve that?

Vsync would but it delays input slightly , turn triple buffering on as you say as it can help

X factor in his video said to turn off vsync and he also suggested capping your frames per second to the refresh rate of your monitor.mine was 60mhz so I capped it to 60. I'll get the input code for you when I'm at my computer tonight

Last edited:
Heikk punkbuster won't ban you for it.the settings in the cfg file are ask things you can shift in game. I also noticed that bf4 settings editor created a cfg file in there

thanks sweney i've already got the cap at 60 to match my monitors refresh rate. enabling triple buffer has sorted out the tearing

Having played the game with the config file and installing the DirectX for a few days now I feel it is a much better experience. There are times when I get a kill that I may not have got before. I don't mean every shot results in a kill and I now have super abilities but that it just feels better. Hard to explain. I have also has few of the they must be cheating some how feelings too. That may be due to my PC working more effectively. In close combat situation I don't die all the time, just less! Hope that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread