BF2 will be closed in near future

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
lakaelo

lakaelo

NRU Heed
it shows more and more that bf2 is dead now. also our server is mostly empty every day.
so we deciced to close our bf2 server.

this decision is hard and sad but we have to do this to prepare our clan for the future and not "waste" our clanmoney into a not used server.

so we will close all BF2 server in near future.

we will try to have a "last ride" on our glorious nofly server so let us know if you would like to meet us all on a last game on our bf2 nofly maybe at March 28.

Odp: BF2 will be closed in near future

Sad but true. On this server I met you all and I spent a lot of wonderful time with you. But Lakaelo right, almost no one plays on our server and it is useless to continue to pay for it. March 28 is ok for me

Last edited:
Let's make it the whole Weekend 27-29 March to give all of us the Chance to bid farewell to our Server (and partly to the great community we had there).

Count me in on all days and I will also try to check some other full Servers and contact Regulars there from old times.

when he must , he must .... good job boss ;-)
the 28 sounds good to me too ... :) , i guess there will be no rule , a real massacre for the last of the last ... hoping that there will be someone to kill lol :)

Re : BF2 will be closed in near future

a last time :D
Screenshot 2
NRu bf2 server in our memorie for the life

Such a sad post many long hours I spent playing on this server and this is how the clan was started with thanks to MAC,MARIO,MOGGSI
The good times and laughs we had along the way too many to list right badger :)
Yes I'm not gaming no more maybe one day again who knows but ill always pop back from time to time to support mac etc etc :)
The NRU clan will always be in me and close to my heart

NOOBS-R-US NO FLY ZONE
gone but never forgotten

This is really sad news.

It’s with a heavy heart that I say a fond farewell to all of you I met on the battlefield.
We had a great time together and I am glad to say that even genuine friendships have grown and deepened in the course of time.

Closing down our BF2 No Fly Server truly marks the end of an era but we have to accept that this battle is over.
It’s comforting to know, however, that I can still get in touch with some of my closest gaming buddies either via mail or private message.

Many thanks to everyone who made this happen.
Thanks to all the members of the “old guard”, to all the admins, regulars and friends – you will always be part of my most treasured memories.

How much does it cost to keep running? ,I'll bloody well just pay to keep it running myself

Only fair considering how long the clans been paying to keep it running

How much does it cost to keep running? ,I'll bloody well just pay to keep it running myself

you can find all the cost and the hole thread about all the changes about our gameservers into the thread at the memberarea. its not only to save the money but you have to look how bf2 got used in the last time. if you look at the statspraph at this site:
=NRU= Noobs r us No Fly Server ranked [bf2] Battlefield 2

and press monthly data than you can see the server was running at last 2 times and not once with more than 10 player....sadly but true. so even we would still let run the server it will be still empty. we all have our base in bf2 and we all "grown" up, ok more or less lol, with our nofly server but we have believe that bf2 is dead now.

you can find all the cost and the hole thread about all the changes about our gameservers into the thread at the memberarea. its not only to save the money but you have to look how bf2 got used in the last time. if you look at the statspraph at this site:
=NRU= Noobs r us No Fly Server ranked [bf2] Battlefield 2

and press monthly data than you can see the server was running at last 2 times and not once with more than 10 player....sadly but true. so even we would still let run the server it will be still empty. we all have our base in bf2 and we all "grown" up, ok more or less lol, with our nofly server but we have believe that bf2 is dead now.

i understand lakaelo wich ive also written in another thread i must apologize for my mood however i would like to rephrase the statement that bf2 is dead to that "bf 2 is a memory that still servers purpose for the 300'ish players still playing it :-3 theyve just relocalized, in my humble opinion i think the game itself will keep excisting in a way Forgotten hope does (hidden in the mists of shadow and time ;-) ) uhh very epic :-3 but ya the no fly is dead we admined the hell out of it wich we shouldnt have if we had been more linient with our admining we might still be as popular as NRNS's BF2 server let it be a lesson for the future friends that we must be aware of just how many admins admins the hell out of the servers that will excist in the coming couple of years in bf3 and bf4 :)

Sad to see bf2 and the no fly go, got many a memory of getting team killed by a manical badger with an eryx on there before he "groomed" me to join the clan
That and tbagging the horseman

Although it makes me sad to see the BF2 No Fly Server being closed, I can understand that decision.
My thanks go to all those who made it all possible setting up this outstanding server and clan.

I am looking forward to the BF2 Farewell Weekend and hope to see as many of you as possible.

It would be great to meet you all in BF4. :)

It would be great to meet you all in BF4. :)

Just join us. :) I saw you once on our BF4-server playing with us and sent friend request on Battlelog after that. After that im not seen you. I guess you had that "test 1 week and then buy game if you like it" trying chance and did not buy game after all?

Decision makes sense. In spite of all the rage-quits, was my first and in many ways only community of online friends; especially on TS. Made me love not just Germans but all Europeans. Thanks for allowing high-ping South Africans ^_^. Away next weekend so enjoy for my sake. Thanks for the great memories and all the best!

Could someone put our BF2 Farewell Party on our calendar please?

As we agreed some days ago, this event is scheduled for March 27, 28 and 29.

Thank you very much. :)

Last time I could not find the No Fly in the BF2 server list, so if you cant find it join over the IP and Port: IP-81.19.208.28 Port-16567

Users who are viewing this thread