WIN 7 and BF2 wanna not start

• Thread starter Psycho_Moerchen
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Psycho_Moerchen

Psycho_Moerchen

NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Bad Rappenau
Well i cant play Bf2 at my BIG PC i dont know why it starts and Crashed after 1 second i use win 7 Ultimate, Patches and all at normal order installed but i cant start it :(

kompality mode on XP service pack 3
start at a admin
all recent tips at forums at moment used.

Video edit yes, delete the B2 Ordner at Documents yes and many tips more :(

This can be down to a load of different things if Admin doesn't work next try deleting your Video.con (or make sure it has the correct res and refresh rate) file

AW: Re: WIN 7 and BF2 wanna not start

This can be down to a load of different things if Admin doesn't work next try deleting your Video.con (or make sure it has the correct res and refresh rate) and Audio.con files

yeah done too but allways not works

affinity to 1 for cpu at bf2 in task manager?

Change it to use only one core of your CPU (seeing as it doesn't start you won't be able to do it with task manager I'm guessing) so create a shortcut to bf2.exe, right click the shortcut, go properties and add to the front of the text in the target box: C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start /affinity 1

So it should look something like: Target: C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start /affinity 1 C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe

Change it to use only one core of your CPU (seeing as it doesn't start you won't be able to do it with task manager I'm guessing) so create a shortcut to bf2.exe, right click the shortcut, go properties and add to the front of the text in the target box: C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start /affinity 1

So it should look something like: Target: C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start /affinity 1 C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe

well it allways say: invalid path

I might not of typed it correctly try C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start "" /affinity 1 "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe"

This is assuming you installed it in C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\

I might not of typed it correctly try C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start "" /affinity xx "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe"

This is assuming you installed it in C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\

yeah i know but he dont accept the first part: "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe \C start \affinity 1" "E:\Programme\EA Games\Battelfield 2"

Ah you're putting quotes around it that's why C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start "" /affinity 1 "E:\Programme\EA Games\Battelfield 2" is how it should be

Ah you're putting quotes around it that's why C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start "" /affinity 1 "E:\Programme\EA Games\Battelfield 2" is how it should be

ok now starts the CMD and thats all what happend game dont starts

On your reply you have the "" missing and the / the wrong way

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start "" /affinity 1 "E:\Programme\EA Games\Battelfield 2"

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start "E:\Programme\EA Games\Battelfield 2" /affinity 1 "E:\Programme\EA Games\Battelfield 2"

so right ???

Oh i become response from Game Error Message:

Last edited:
That's indicates to me something is wrong with the resolution line of you video.con (does BF2 support 1360x768?? Not sure) have you tried changing that line to 800x600@60Hz (in profile 001 folder)

That's indicates to me something is wrong with the resolution line of you video.con (does BF2 support 1360x768?? Not sure) have you tried changing that line to 800x600@60Hz (in profile 001 folder)
Dont know if its support or not :(
yeah did i done and allways crashed with that message but then with other Dynamic option failure :D
but sometimes then comes nothing no crashdetails only back to Desktop

Last edited:
From what I can see it doesn't (that might be pre 1.5 patch though)

So even with the default Video.con file:

VideoSettings.setTerrainQuality 2
VideoSettings.setGeometryQuality 2
VideoSettings.setLightingQuality 2
VideoSettings.setDynamicLightingQuality 2
VideoSettings.setDynamicShadowsQuality 2
VideoSettings.setEffectsQuality 2
VideoSettings.setTextureQuality 2
VideoSettings.setTextureFilteringQuality 2
VideoSettings.setResolution 800x600@60Hz
VideoSettings.setAntialiasing Off
VideoSettings.setViewDistanceScale 1
VideoSettings.setVideoOptionScheme 1

It still crashed? (Also can you say what res and refresh rate you are at when you right click your desktop and go screen resolution, just wanna make sure it's not at like 59Hz instead of 60Hz as that would be a problem)

its at 60Hz

VideoSettings.setTerrainQuality 3
VideoSettings.setGeometryQuality 3
VideoSettings.setLightingQuality 3
VideoSettings.setDynamicLightingQuality 3
VideoSettings.setDynamicShadowsQuality 3
VideoSettings.setEffectsQuality 3
VideoSettings.setTextureQuality 3
VideoSettings.setTextureFilteringQuality 3
VideoSettings.setResolution 800x600@60Hz
VideoSettings.setAntialiasing 8
VideoSettings.setViewDistanceScale 1
VideoSettings.setVideoOptionScheme 3

Last edited:
This is weird the error is saying that it doesn't support that resolution so changing it to default should work, maybe you have to change it in both the Default video.con and the 001 Video.con etc

Users who are viewing this thread