[BF4] Unfairly banned on BF4 Server

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lule997

11 Nov 2020
I was banned 10 minutes ago on BF4 NRU Gentelmans TBAG club server for racist comments. The comment in question was: damn naggers go back to africa. This was a reference to the SOUTHPARK show and an attempt at humor (there was already some banter going on in chat i did not expect people to take this so seriously) and not a genuine attempt to relocate all black people to the continent of Africa.

Please let me back in, I dont think making a stupid joke warrants banning me from the server, I have never made trouble before and the joke was clearly in good intentions.

Player ID is Lule997

You have to be careful with what you write, maybe for you it was a joke and a simple reference to south park but for other people it can be very offensive and completely racist.
Moreover in south park Randy does not say "nagger go back to africa" but participates in the show "wheel of fortune" where he need to find a word for "People who annoy you" and Randy says "nigger" instead of "nagger"
Even for me who has seen all the south park and who continues to look at them I have not seen the reference without you saying so.

Also, even if we forget the "nagger" the second part of your sentence can be taken badly. Imagine unknowingly saying it to someone who is being harassed for the same reasons at school. It may not be the case but imagine it's you who is being harassed for this reason, you want to relax by playing BF4 and a stranger insults you in the same way even if it is a joke.
Would you like him to stay playing on the server?

I'm sorry that it falls on you but for me you will remain banned, maybe I'm too strict and that other admin would have unban you, I don't know but if I un-ban you, other might think, "It's okay, I just have to tell racist jokes from south park and I can keep playing."

Look Ive only just read your charter on respect and had I known that you guys take this so seriously I wouldnt have dared said a word in chat, whether I misquoted randy or not, the point is I was still only making a reference to southpark which is a satirical show. I was trying to make fun of racists which is what satire is, I am really confused how people dont understand that it is a satirical comment. Any person with a brain can see that it is such an absurd comment it has to be satire. Personally since you ask, I dont care what people call me online or in real life because that is part of being an adult, you deal with assholes everyday and by censoring people you dont solve problems you only pretend they dont exist.

Regardless, I apologize again for not respecting your rules, had I read your charter beforehand I wouldnt have dared to say anything. I dont think you will have a problem with people who read your charter, however as with me, some who dont read it will be unaware of how seriously you take idiots making jokes in bad taste.

Please reconsider, this is my first offense and i have never made trouble before. You have got to understand that people of ALL RACES AND CREEDS like dark humor and while you may have good intentions you are going about this in the wrong way.

Last edited:
I would also like to add some deeper food for thought since you take racism so seriously.

I see from your profile that you are French so you will no doubt be aware of the string of murders and attacks that have taken place in France over the last decade, one of the most infamous being the Charlie Hebdo attacks. People were murdered over a cartoon which somebody didnt like, while you may not agree with everything or like everything, you have no right to prevent someone from speaking their opinion, let alone murdering them.

While Frances faces persecution from the muslim world for its offenses to muslim culture, China eradicates millions of muslim Uyghurs in its east, relocating them to reeducation camps to integrate them with the majority Han Chinese demographic in the rest of the country. Why is it doing this? Because of the Chinese headed massive Silk Road initiative, a gigantic multinational project involving the construction of thousands of kilometers of highways, trading ports, shipping routes and military bases stretching from the far east to western markets, in combination with its predatory lending practices, it is a coordinated effort on the part of the CCP to integrate itself further into the world economy and grow its influence as a superpower. And who lives in Xinjiang province? Right where all those pipelines and highways go through? The Uyghurs, people who are going through something akin to what Jews underwent during the Holocaust, but they are going though this in 2020, their lives uprooted to make why for the Chinese machine. And you dont hear one word about it in the mainstream media because pissing the Chinese off doesnt make money for anyone.

Show a picture of WINNIE THE POOH in China? Straight to Jail. Daryl Morey, coach for Houston Rockets in NBA makes ONE TWEET in support of Hong Kong fighting for its independence, immediately China cuts off support and NBA loses hundreds of millions. When LeBron James is asked about this, he says people shouldnt comment on something they are not informed on. How can an athlete who is apparently so committed to fighting discrimination with his support of BLM, all of a sudden wither and fold when asked about the situation in Hong Kong? Because he is a hypocrite, one of many in this world.

All you hear about these days is dont be racist, dont say this dont say that, but everything we own, the clothes we wear, technology we use is produced by one of the most evil regimes since the soviet union. This is a massive hypocrisy and persecuting the little man in an effort to fight racism is a massive misdirection of resources.

I am not some ignorant racist, while I may like to make dark jokes, that by absolutely does not mean I am unaware of what other people in this world go through.

I am NOT comparing my situation to this I am only drawing parallels with how you choose to employ censorship and punishment in your server. Mob culture, cancel culture and censorship culture will lead us to a BLACK MIRROR future and not some utopian safe space where no one says anything questionable simply because they cant.

When you look yourself in the mirror, ask yourself seriously, am I making the world a better place by banning idiots on the internet? Or am I just feeding my complexes to reaffirm my belief that I am a good person? Is the world a little less racist every time I ban someone who says something remotely offensive on my server?

Ive only just read your charter on respect and had I known that you guys take this so seriously I wouldnt have dared said a word in chat
So for starters, by playing on our server you automatically accept the charter of respect if you didn't read it earlier, it's your problem and you have to suffer the consequences
I was trying to make fun of racists which is what satire is,
And to do that you say something potentially racist right after the automatic message "Any N word Comments will be Autobanned!!! Whose be smart about it, you know what that means."
I am really confused how people dont understand that it is a satirical comment.
Know that not everyone is "Lule997", not everyone understands the same things in the same way and what may be normal for you may be the worst thing that can happen to a person.
Any person with a brain can see that it is such an absurd comment it has to be satire.
So everyone who doesn't understand your jokes is stupid ? When I look at what was said after your ban I see that nobody understood your joke, does that mean that they are all stupid ?
by censoring people you dont solve problems you only pretend they dont exist
we don't do censorship, censorship is before the public sees the word/article, the server players are free to say what they want, it's just that if it breaks the rules they are punished
Also we don't pretend that problems don't exist, we know that they do, and only punishments prevent people from creating problems.

To pass quickly on your 3rd message I don't see the relation between your ban and Charlie Hebdo, Uyghurs or china
And do I make the world better? Certainly not, do I make the server better? I am convinced of it.

Finally, for the next times, NEVER contact an admin regarding your ban, and even less to send a big text, it only makes your case worse.

Final decision : not unban

PS :
Or am I just feeding my complexes to reaffirm my belief that I am a good person?
Just for that you deserve your banishment

PS2 : don't bother trying to convince me I'm not going to change my decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread