Todays View

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Yes it is. 1/3 scale. Just the mortar - no figures with it though. Just wanted something simple and easy to make. Wife suggested making it work so she could take out the kid that 'sings' next door. Normally costs about £40 plus postage but got it for £17 and free postage. Wouldn't have bothered at £40.

8624C68F 8B99 4BC9 9DDB 44092DCEE1EC

There are some moulded screws and other bits which I may drill out and replace with real ones that look better. The eyepiece doesn't look great so may tey and make a rubber one. At least painting is easy - black. 🙂

The kid next door must listen to music with headphones and I guess the rest of the family has noise cancelling headphones as it is like two cats fighting and strangling each other with the volume at 11. Even with double glazing I can hear her "singing".

There are some moulded screws and other bits which I may drill out and replace with real ones that look better. The eyepiece doesn't look great so may tey and make a rubber one. At least painting is easy - black. 🙂

The kid next door must listen to music with headphones and I guess the rest of the family has noise cancelling headphones as it is like two cats fighting and strangling each other with the volume at 11. Even with double glazing I can hear her "singing".
Sounds like my daughter.... does she reach so far? With good wind speed and direction...

• Haha
Reactions: glenwilson
So 12 hours since I had the first dose of AstraZeneca vaccine. Trying to be objective about any side effects as it would be easy to think any change is because of it. So far I do feel a bit tired and have a hangover type headache. Rarely get a headache and as there is no other reason I assume that it is the vaccine. Have drunk extra water and that has helped. Also felt a bit flushed at one point which again is not normally something I get unless I have had the flu.

The Mrs though, easier to say what she hasn't had!! Sore arm, chills, flushes, insomnia, aching arm, headache and a few others. Again most of these are out of the ordinary so are likely to be vaccine side effects. None of them are bad but just enough to make you feel off.

My mum had the Pfizer one and no side effects at all but her friend had a few but nothing too bad.

I guess it will depend on the individual.

Obviously will need a lot of people to be vaccinated before things will move towards normality and the mutations may see the need boosters. The light at the end of the tunnel may be dim at the moment but hopefully it will get brighter.

Quick update. All the Mrs side-effects have gone though she does appear to have just a cold now so some of it could have been related to that. I had a hot sweat for a few hours and a bit of a headache. Both of those have gone. Not had any arm ache though did have trouble sleeping. Felt really tired yet couldn't sleep so maybe insomnia was a ✅ for side effects.

Have seen a few more people comment that after the second dose the side effects can be more noticeable.

Reactions: lakaelo
I had my first jab some weeks back with my wife, same day same place, she was given the AstraZ and I had the Pfizer. She complained of a sore whole arm the next day, I on the other hand had nothing
apart from a slight tenderness where the needle went in but had to feel around to find it. 🤷‍♂️

Was impressed with the organisation of the process. Cannot fault it. It does say don't arrive too early but I was about 20 minutes early in case there was traffic. As there were no queues or many people I went in anyway. Dose was given by a dentist who went through everything including possible side effects. NHS at its best.

Have seen a few more people comment that after the second dose the side effects can be more noticeable.
indeed, last i overheard a few nurses saying the same thing to each other...

Users who are viewing this thread

• dcyper