Todays View

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
btw. did you know if the shops and the promenade in kijkduin are done with renovation and ready to open again? or is this all fucked up and closed after lockdown?
Covid kinda ruined things, they started demolishing last month. I found this live stream of the (de)construction site, so you can see for yourself :D

You can find it here!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: dcyper and lakaelo
Covid kinda ruined things, they started demolishing last month. I found this live stream of the (de)construction site, so you can see for yourself :D

You can find it here!
strange. did not know the 2 bigger buildings yet but i was last time there for corona so it must be 1,5 to 2 years now :eek: the atlantic hotel must be behind ( part of it in the middle ) of this new building when i see this right. hopefully they building a new promenade there and not "only" some new flats.

The Netherlands is quite boring if I see your pictures coming by
oh, thats not true. its different but not boring. maybe, you have no mountains or even some hills lol ok, its flat like a pancake :ROFLMAO: but really like it because its so interesting different with all the coasts and the water ( canals ). not saying the netherlands are way more groomed as germany.

The Netherlands is quite boring if I see your pictures coming by
I don't live in an interesting part of town :ROFLMAO:
The only interesting place that I frequently visit is The Binnenhof, because I almost work around the corner :D

I don't live in an interesting part of town :ROFLMAO:
The only interesting place that I frequently visit is The Binnenhof, because I almost work around the corner :D
Coffee Shop? I love the Clouds in Amsterdam, but iam not a smoker 😅 🤣🤣🤣

Weird sort of day. "Attended" an online funeral ( a friend of Isobel's who was suffering from alzheimer's). Not able to attend in person obviously but was very sureal having coffee and biscuits whilst watching it on the TV. Then looking at some share stuff which we couldn't understand at all. We are getting the driveway redone and having to choose what colour. None of the colours in the pictures are consistent. I am just nodding to what she chooses. The sun has just appeared as it sets and supposed to pee down again tomorrow when we get someone have a check the roof - a bird got into the loft somehow last week. Been a constant battle keeping the bastards out. Plus have to get the car MOT'd this week, should be OK as only done 2,500 miles in the last year.

Did finish this though. Isn't perfect but happy with it. The brown colour they use is the same as was used on German camo schemes during the war RAL8012 Red/Brown.

FBC09B48 6E6E 4B06 9465 946B700A543C

So roof guy eventually turned up an hour late but was actually ok. Need some memory foam stuff beneath to stop bastard birds getting in plus a few other bits checked which was fine.

Been looking to get the driveway redone as the slabs have gradually been sinking and the drainage isn't great. So got someone to quote for it which was fine. Then we needed to choose the finish. So, was supposed to come today to see what colour we wanted. said could I move the car so they could lift a slab to check underneath. Next thing all of them are up!! was like talking to a brick wall. Not a happy bunny! Would have done before and after but not now!

109F11F3 65BB 48B6 A6C3 DA25889FFAAB

So roof guy eventually turned up an hour late but was actually ok. Need some memory foam stuff beneath to stop bastard birds getting in plus a few other bits checked which was fine.

Been looking to get the driveway redone as the slabs have gradually been sinking and the drainage isn't great. So got someone to quote for it which was fine. Then we needed to choose the finish. So, was supposed to come today to see what colour we wanted. said could I move the car so they could lift a slab to check underneath. Next thing all of them are up!! was like talking to a brick wall. Not a happy bunny! Would have done before and after but not now!

View attachment 9688
crazy guys you have there. they done it without any permission/order by you? i pressume this would not happened here in german. lol without any written and signed order no craftsman would start anything. because in your situation you could just say "bring it back to how it was till this evening. if not i order a nother company to do it and you have to pay the bill".

Getting work like this done is such a pain. There are about 8 roofing companies near here and I only managed to speak to the one that came and will do the work. Left messages with the others and one did eventually respond after about a week. We have had quotes on the drive before so knew what to expect and I checked on the company doing it before saying yes. Also seen work they have done so happy from that point of view. I think a lot of these companies do "side projects" like ours that whilst not being undocumented are probably creatively accounted. I would expect them to have to check the drive but even when speaking to the boss later he said they had been a bit zealous!

Anyway, I feel a lot calmer today. Looks like there are signs that lockdown restrictions will start to be relaxed as it will be nice to have some different scenery even if things are not normal. Getting the vaccine letter adds to the hope that things are going in the right direction. Stupid thing is that the Mrs hasn't had her letter yet. Same for one of our neighbours too, she got her letter yesterday too but het husband didn't yet he is also in a vulnerable group. You would think you would do a household at the same time. I guess logic isn't involved with this process?

7C555F18 18E8 4834 87A8 3FFDF80FDC9E

Memory foam is what my lame ass pillow for the night is made of :) Make it some concrete :D

Reactions: glenwilson
crazy guys you have there. they done it without any permission/order by you? i pressume this would not happened here in german. lol without any written and signed order no craftsman would start anything. because in your situation you could just say "bring it back to how it was till this evening. if not i order a nother company to do it and you have to pay the bill".

Not to forget that they want at least 50% before they even lift a finger

Reactions: lakaelo
You would think you would do a household at the same time. I guess logic isn't involved with this process?

I think in Germany only Hessen made a rule that married people that are roughly the same age can be vaccinated at one date. But I think that only applies if the 2 persons are in the same stage of the vaccination plan.

Seems to get a bigger problem from day to day in Germany that nobody wants to get Astra Zeneca, because of the bad publicity around it. I have actually no clue how good it really is, but if it only is a 50% chance to get Corona afterwards then give me the shit ;).

I read that at the moment there are 1,5 million doses of Astrazeneca that are on hold in Germany and that after we had that stuff in the media that Astrazeneca cant deliver. I cant believe it, worse hording than in our fridge.

Reactions: Psycho_Moerchen
I think in Germany only Hessen made a rule that married people that are roughly the same age can be vaccinated at one date. But I think that only applies if the 2 persons are in the same stage of the vaccination plan.

Seems to get a bigger problem from day to day in Germany that nobody wants to get Astra Zeneca, because of the bad publicity around it. I have actually no clue how good it really is, but if it only is a 50% chance to get Corona afterwards then give me the shit ;).

I read that at the moment there are 1,5 million doses of Astrazeneca that are on hold in Germany and that after we had that stuff in the media that Astrazeneca cant deliver. I cant believe it, worse hording than in our fridge.
I dont want use any of this Vaccine... iam not really shure if its helps or what it does.... i know its not a new stuff but i am not this in Panic that i wanna use it... my health is fucked this much that i dont care anymore of that.

Users who are viewing this thread