Stupid questions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Mine is that when something happens and amuses you, when you remember it even after 45 years, should you keep it to yourself or share it even if it is absolutely childish? 🤣

OK, here is the thing.

Worked at Heathrow for a summer as a baggage handler with TWA in Terminal 3 when I was between jobs in the '70s. Some nice people there but quite a selection of 'characters'. Some used to go through the bags and steal ladies underwear, some just used to steal, others were eccentric. Two guys were less mature than they should be for their age. Despite being in their 40's they would play cowboys and indians whilst loading the aircraft! The full pretend guns and bows and arrows stuff.

Anyway, I had to poo so went to the lav. Tried to avoid going there as they were dark (because of all the stolen goods hidden in the false ceiling had broken the lights) and it was generally unpleasant. Any way, job done, flushed the loo but it was still there. Flushed again and no movement, well there was a movement but it hadn't moved. There was no loo brush to assist it on its way so just had to leave it and go back to work. It was impressive though, think of Excalibur appearing out of the lake. A stalagmite thrusting its way upwards. Anyway, it was impressive.

So went back to the baggage track and carried on. shifting suitcases. A little bit alter on, Steve, one of the cowboy/indian duo was more excited than usual. Apparently he had found Excalibur! He was so excited and impressed he was dragging people to the loos to see it. If he could have sold tickets he probably would have. He was in total awe of Excalibur and its gradual decay kept him amused for a couple of days!

Anyway, that is what happened and I have never told anyone before and it is still 🤣 when I think about it.

• Haha
Reactions: blugi21 and lakaelo
OK, here is the thing.

Worked at Heathrow for a summer as a baggage handler with TWA in Terminal 3 when I was between jobs in the '70s. Some nice people there but quite a selection of 'characters'. Some used to go through the bags and steal ladies underwear, some just used to steal, others were eccentric. Two guys were less mature than they should be for their age. Despite being in their 40's they would play cowboys and indians whilst loading the aircraft! The full pretend guns and bows and arrows stuff.

Anyway, I had to poo so went to the lav. Tried to avoid going there as they were dark (because of all the stolen goods hidden in the false ceiling had broken the lights) and it was generally unpleasant. Any way, job done, flushed the loo but it was still there. Flushed again and no movement, well there was a movement but it hadn't moved. There was no loo brush to assist it on its way so just had to leave it and go back to work. It was impressive though, think of Excalibur appearing out of the lake. A stalagmite thrusting its way upwards. Anyway, it was impressive.

So went back to the baggage track and carried on. shifting suitcases. A little bit alter on, Steve, one of the cowboy/indian duo was more excited than usual. Apparently he had found Excalibur! He was so excited and impressed he was dragging people to the loos to see it. If he could have sold tickets he probably would have. He was in total awe of Excalibur and its gradual decay kept him amused for a couple of days!

Anyway, that is what happened and I have never told anyone before and it is still 🤣 when I think about it.
nowaday Excalibur would get it on facebook, whatsapp and even instagram. guess it would be his own instagram profile with a lot of followers lol

Users who are viewing this thread