[Guide] Some tips for commander skills (and more)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
CoquilletteUwU

CoquilletteUwU

NRU Member
28 Jun 2020
France
Hello there, just a little recap about the threat from commander and some other kind of missile and advantages if you play on the ground, if you remember it you will be able to limit the risk to take some explosive surprise on your head while playing :ROFLMAO:

I hope it will be useful, the commander cannot always send missiles or send AC-130. Think about it while playing and keep moving !

Cruise missile πŸš€
AC-130 πŸ›©
Bomber ✈
M142 🧨
Automatic anti-aircraft destroyer βš“
Easter egg (if you haven't completed them yet) πŸ₯š
The sky is clear βœ…

In alphabetic order (and conquest mode only) :

πŸš€πŸš€βœˆ Altai Range – Cruise missile + bomber (which can drop another cruise missile + JDAM)

πŸ›© Caspian Border – Only AC-130

πŸ›© Dawnbreaker – Only AC-130

πŸš€ πŸš€βœˆ Dragon Pass – Cruise missile + bomber (which can drop another cruise missile + JDAM)

πŸš€ πŸ₯š Dragon Valley 2015 – Cruise missile + DICE LA camo program

πŸš€ Flood Zone – Only cruise missile but run away !

πŸš€ πŸ₯š Giants of Karelia – Only cruise missile + Phantom dog tag

πŸ›© 🧨 Golmud Railway – AC-130 + M142

πŸš€ πŸš€βœˆ Guilin Peaks – Cruise missile + bomber (which can drop another cruise missile + JDAM)

πŸš€ πŸ›© Gulf of Osman 😜 – Cruise missile + AC-130

πŸš€ 🧨 Hainan Resort – Cruise missile + M142

πŸš€ πŸ₯šHammerhead – Only cruise missile + Phantom dog tag

πŸš€ πŸ₯šHangar 21 – Only cruise missile + Phantom Bow Program

πŸš€ Infiltration of Shanghai – Only cruise missile, (follow the flying light)

πŸ›© Lancang Dam – Only AC-130

πŸ›© Lost Islands – Only AC-130

πŸš€ Lumphini Garden – Only cruise missile but run away !

πŸ›© Nansha Strike – Only AC-130

πŸš€ πŸ›© Operation Firestorm – Cruise missile + AC-130

βœ… Operation Locker – hmm nothing to be scared on this map, except a vehicule or ammo drop on your head if you are camping outside :ROFLMAO:. But there is something important on this map : vehicule drop, very useful to cap flags and push from outside considering that there is no vehicule on this map.

πŸ›© Operation Mortar – Only AC-130

βœ… Operation MΓ©tro – same as Locker, the sky is clear, we should try to use the quad on this map too lol

βœ… πŸ₯š Operation Outbreak - same as Locker + Poison arrow for the bow

πŸš€πŸš€ ✈ πŸ₯š Operation Whiteout – Cruise missile + bomber (which can drop another cruise missile + JDAM) + Phantom dog tag

πŸ›©βš“ πŸ₯šParacel Storm – AC-130 + automatic anti-aircraft at flag C on the failed destroyer if Levolution activated (AA focus the team that does not own the flag), it can be useful ! + DICE black camo (need to confirm)

πŸš€ Pearl Market – Only cruise missile but run away, nowhere to hide ! Best commander map lol

πŸš€ Propaganda – Only cruise missile

πŸ›© Rogue Transmission – Only AC-130

πŸš€ Siege of Shanghai – Only cruise missile

πŸš€πŸš€βœˆ Silk Road – Cruise missile & bomber (which can drop another cruise missile + JDAM)

πŸš€ Sunken Dragon – Only cruise missile

πŸ›© Wave Breaker – Only AC-130

πŸš€ 🧨 Zavod – Cruise missile & M142

πŸš€ 🧨 πŸ₯š Zavod Graveyard Shift – Cruise missile & M142 (follow the flying lights) + Step 2 DICE LA camo

Update : playing as a commander 🏡 is a function that many players do not know well or not at all and even in 2020, that's why I allow myself to develop some important points, which I hope you will find useful.

I- All commander's skills ( ⚠ description available below on page 2 ⚠) :

• Surveillance drone
  • EMP drone
  • Evacuation order
  • Squad Leader Order
  • Proximity attack
  • VIP marker

• Cruise missile
  • Gunship (AC-130)
  • Infantry scan
  • Vehicle scan

• Squad Promotion
  • Ammunition drop
  • Squad reinforcement
  • Vehicle drop

II- Be safe from cruise missile and AC-130 :

Remember that you can hide in large protected indoor spaces, the missile bell trajectory does not allow damage to be done inside, it depends on the thickness of the roof. Ex : in the military base on Hammerhead, you will be safe from missiles like in the Hangar 21 but if you are hiding in a normal building, you will be able to receive some surprise from the sky.

When an enemy commander sends a missile, your team commander can only see the missile move but cannot see the path ahead. He must therefore guess in advance where the impact will take place and anticipate with an EMP or a proximity attack and sending an evacuation order.

So when your commander says "enemy cruise missile, keep moving" and you answer "where?" he is not always able to answer you, it also depends on the size of the map and the level of your commander.

It's not just the commander who can defend you, you are also able to destroy the enemy cruise missile by firing at it or locking it with AA missiles.

The cruise missiles sent by bombers are manual guided while the missiles fired by the commander are fixed guided. Moreover, you can't destroy a cruise missile sent by a bomber.

III- Drones :

If you are alone and you want to capture an enemy flag and you know that the enemy team has a commander, before putting yourself in danger in the capture zone, look in the sky and check if there is not a drone above that spots you for all enemies.

You can focus ennemy drones in the sky, you can destroy it by shooting or lock on with stinger or with fighters, the ennemy commander will have to wait for reloading before sending others.

IV- Commander's behavior :

Your commander has three ways of behaving:

- To be discret : ❌

Here the commander makes the choice to let his team work in total autonomy while abstaining from any communication. Besides that, the commander does his job, at least he will try.
For me it's the worst way to behave, communication is the basis when you play as commander, you are the eye in the sky who sees everything, so you have to inform the team regularly.

- Being superactive : ❌

Here the commander is so focused on communication with his team, so focused on sending orders and informing enemy movements that despite his benevolence, he loses all concentration in his work and lets the enemy commander take control. Because a good commander works by anticipation and not by reaction.

- Hybrid : βœ…

For me, this is the best choice to make, it's to stay focused on anticipating the actions and movements of both teams and the enemy commander, while regularly informing your team with relevant strategic information. No spam, but no lack of communication, it's the medium between the two. The commander must be attentive to his team without forgetting to focus on anticipating movements.

V- Commander vs commander :

For my part I try at best to protect my soldiers, there is a very important thing also when playing as commander, it is not to spam stupidly the drones. The commander vs commander gameplay is based on anticipation and good time management because each time the commander uses a bonus, he will need more or less time to reload and use it again. To resum, if you get shot by a cruise missile, it is either because you do not have a commander, or because your commander did not anticipate enough.

VI- Teamplay :

Another very important point: teamplay! Your commander's ability to protect you and attack the enemy team depends on you!

On each map of Battlefield 4, you have most certainly noticed that there is a small symbol next to certain flags, these symbols are used by the commander. Capturing a flag with the infantry scan icon will allow your commander to regularly perform map analyzes to spot enemies.

Conversely, if you let the enemy team capture strategic flags with the symbol of the AC1-130 or the cruise missile, the enemy commander can use these bonuses against you, think about it!

VII- Squadplay :

Personally, I don't often give orders to squad leaders, it's a choice. I prefer not to annoy them so that they can focus on what they see.

This also means that if I send an order to a squad leader it is important, and this is where the squad leader must react !

This last point depends on the way of play of your commander, try to adapt to him, or not lol.

Special theme : resignation of the commander

If your commander is too incompetent or annoys you by spamming orders to the squad leader, as a squad leader you have the power to force him to resign.

To do it, you must go to the team configuration tab, then commander and change your status.

Only squad leaders can change their assessment of the commander. If a sufficient number of squad leaders set their status on dissatisfied, the commander will be removed from office.

Don't try this procedure with me lol.

So, is the sky clear now ? Good luck commanders !

I will modify this post if I find errors, do not hesitate to share your experience as a commander !

PS: this list does not include the risks that you have of taking a mortar shell by Rizloid which is hiding somewhere and laughing, or a UCAV from Sarge. :ROFLMAO:

Cruise missile

Last edited:
I used to play Commander early on to get some of the assignments done. Used to enjoy playing via the commander app and it was disappointing when that was dropped. 😑

Had a quick play yesterday and was surprised that some squads would actually follow orders, or try too. The list above will be useful - thanks for compiling it. The only things really annoying about the commander function is not getting a credit for resupply kills and is when your own commander consistently kills you with them! Not you Lord but the other day got done about three times and I didn’t even need ammo!!!

• Haha
Reactions: lakaelo
I am L L A M A

Camels are very distant relatives and not as pretty which is why we are llama glama and not camelus ferus (which translates to obnoxious ugly hairy spitting mutant alien import).

Yes the application! it's really a shame that it was deleted, it was something nice.

Haha personally I am not used to trying to kill the players with the ammo drops (except the campers in redzone maybe, even if they are in my own team lol), I prefer to save the command points and send there where there are my soldiers.

Yes there are so many commanders who do not pay attention to what they do, they do not realize the relief and the situation of the map and tend to do anything with the ammunition / vehicle drops / missile and so they waste their points.

It should not be forgotten that if they zoom out as much as possible, they will have a real-time satellite view of the map instead of the simple conventional screen, it's very useful for flushing out campers and their mortars like Rizloid. 😜

Last edited:
The cruise missile can be destroyed by deploying a secure area thingy (cannot be bothered to google it) . You can usually guess the target once the missile is on the map and you can see the direction it ig going. Deploy the emp thingy and it will initially reduce the impact of it and then destroy it.

Wish the AC130 had more protection though. Saw this one in Colorado in 2016.

D86330A9 50E9 4B3C AC2C FAE1F0806E60

• Love
Reactions: CoquilletteUwU
Think we need to set up a clan match with.
the second best server ever.
against the NRU.
With Lord I know it’s ours for the taking.
we got really good players on NRU so why not.

Think we need to set up a clan match with.
the second best server ever.
against the NRU.
With Lord I know it’s ours for the taking.
we got really good players on NRU so why not.
What mean by good players is.
can play and admin at the same time.

The only things really annoying about the commander function is not getting a credit for resupply kills and is when your own commander consistently kills you with them! Not you Lord but the other day got done about three times and I didn’t even need ammo!!!
Yes Glen I recall not so long ago in nancha strike (I think) where I had to jetski to some rocks and place the mortar behind a container and jetski back avoiding boats choppers and snipers to another island to hide. Bang, Glen drops a crate on the mortar and takes it out. With a mortar it means Im support and have my own ammo and there is no one on this rock just the mortar. The best bit is I done that jetski run again and he dropped a second crate on it with the same result :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Thanks Glen (y)πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Users who are viewing this thread