Some questions..

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
waxxzer

waxxzer

NRU Member
21 Jul 2014
Churchilllaan 69, Delft, Netherlands
Hey guys, tried to look around on several fora but I have some questions regarding BF2 Launcher.
- I try not to use the launcher, as it seems to fiddle with graphic settings resulting in black artifacts spinning in circles, anyone else had this issue and now how to resolve this?
- As I dont use the launcher, is that the reason why I'm showing up as a true NOOB on the NRU BF2 Stats (allthough i like receving ribbons, has been a while;))
Thanks in advance for your advice!

At last a picture, seeing me murmering as an 80 year old sobbing in my wheelchair that BF 2 is nog longer running... (actual screenshot:eek:)
2014 08 19 08 30 57 Battlelogco   BFHQ

Lmao Waxxzer, nice screeen :))

Yeah the "black artifacts" is a bug of the Battlelog Launcher, they will solve this problem with their next patch, at the moment you can only solve this problem by setting the ingame graphic of Terrain to low.

To your rank, if you also saved your old account at BF2hub you should have your real rank ingame, if not you only have it when you use Battlelog launcher.

We have our own Stats system now, if you have saved your account at BF2hub or Battlelog it will show your real rank ingame on our server, but we dont have the old stats date from players, so your all basicly start at zero points again even you are shown as General ingame..

Last edited:
I would say u owe mr X a beer
but dutch beer is like....well, u know ...:D

Why do certain players in our BF2 stats have their normal rank while others all of a sudden have been degraded to private or don’t have any rank at all?

Your opinion will be highly appreciated, thank you. :)

Why do certain players in our BF2 stats have their normal rank while others all of a sudden have been degraded to private or don’t have any rank at all?

All the players who have saved their stats at either BFhub or Battlelog.co and use the Launcher of them have their old rank ingame back!
All others who have not saved their stats there, or if you have saved it at BFhub and use Bl Launcher then you will be private ingame.

I noticed that the other day I think it should return to normal after players connect the server again

Mister X, there are players who saved their accounts with BF2hub and / or Battlelog.co and who have already played with their normal ranks in the last few days.
Yet, they are privates all at once, which seems a bit odd.

I noticed that the other day I think it should return to normal after players connect the server again[/QUOTE]

This sounds good, Sam.

Many thanks to both of you. :)

In my case it was as i don't use the launcher, but use the in game favourites to connect. I don't really mind, playing is more fun than rankings. Receiving ribbons and awards however... it makes it feel like the old days:)

I noticed that the other day I think it should return to normal after players connect the server again

I am sorry to say that but I feel things are getting worse.

The day before yesterday I played on our No Fly server and everything was fine.
My rank was “normal”, time and points were counted.

Yesterday I played for a couple of minutes on the COOP City Maps server.
When I checked the stats, neither time nor points were counted and I was corporal again.

When taking a closer look at the BF2 stats it is obvious that more and more players are degraded or don’t have any rank at all, even if they connected the server again.
(I mean all those people who saved their stats before the GameSpy shutdown)

Things are apparently getting very confusing.
Is there anything we can do about it?

Odp: Re: Some questions..

When I checked the stats, neither time nor points were counted and I was corporal again.

When taking a closer look at the BF2 stats it is obvious that more and more players are degraded or don’t have any rank at all, even if they connected the server again.

Indeed, the first in the statistics showed me the rank of general, I do not know why. Yesterday I played a few hours and does not show me time and points that won yesterday. The rank shows me now true.

Yeah, had a look at my stats now and I am private again lol. either something is wrong with our system or it needs ages to update.

The stats and the old rank you have saved at BL or BF2hub are not effected because our system has nothing to do with that.
Also that problem might be solved soon, as BF2hub has new server files and we discuss at the moment what system to use. So it could be that No Fly has a "offical" stats system back soon with all your old data from Gamespy :) (if you have saved it before shutdown)

If we use ours for any server I'll prob just start again cos I have done something terrible wrong it seems lmao

If we use ours for any server I'll prob just start again cos I have done something terrible wrong it seems lmao

What terrible wrong? On No Fly it counts the points backwards? ;) just kidding Sam, without you we wouldnt had any stats ;-) ( and btw,yesterday after some time stats where updated and everything was right)

If its only work with one server then just throw it on the COOP as I think we will go with external on No Fly ;-)

Sam, please don’t worry.
It’s perfectly fine.

We all know how much time and effort you dedicate to the server.
Your work doesn’t go unnoticed. :)

Users who are viewing this thread