PC problem

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
blugi21

blugi21

Crazy, mad, insane!
NRU Member
17 Jan 2021
Rauma, Finland
Hi guys! I am having a very annoying problem when playing some games.

When moving in fps games the surrounding goes blurry (not having motion blur on) and you can see trails/ghosting when moving gun. I will put a video to demonstrate this. It shouldnt be a monitor problem because i have tried on 2 different monitors without difference. Fps is also over 100 so shouldnt be problem. I have tried different settings in games and in monitor but nothing seems to help. Any advise???

This wont happen in every game. For example Destiny 2 and Battlefield 4 has no problems but Battlefield V, Metro Exodus enhanced edition and now Far Cry 5 are affected. Metro was so bad i couldnt play it for long. The fucking birds in the sky had streaks behind them like they were some wannabe Flash from DC Comics. No matter what dlss setting was on.

I have Acer Predator prebuild (yes yes i know 😣) with:
Intel i5 9400F
16GB memory
RTX 2060 Super

Main monitor:
acer xb273gx 1080p 240Hz

Video is from Far Cry 5 and you can see the trails around gun when moving. BF V and metro had the same thing but much worse.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Weird it happens in multiple games, I would've thought something to do with a particular AA type or something if it was just one game. Assuming your driver's for the card are up to date, or if this didn't used to happen roll backed to older drivers?

If you are using Nvidia graphics card, at the settings there is an option '' let the application decide ''. If you chose this, you may able to close motion blur in game.

Reactions: lakaelo
Weird it happens in multiple games, I would've thought something to do with a particular AA type or something if it was just one game. Assuming your driver's for the card are up to date, or if this didn't used to happen roll backed to older drivers?
I have always updated to the newest nvidia drivers.

If you are using Nvidia graphics card, at the settings there is an option '' let the application decide ''. If you chose this, you may able to close motion blur in game.
I will try this now. ^^

At Nvidia control panel, at 3d settings, let the 3d application decide option.

Okay now after i did that what osman said and putting environment to low on settings (far cry 5) got rid of the ghosting. Other settings does not seem to effect it.

Attachments

• Näyttökuva (15).png
    Näyttökuva (15).png
    573 KB · Views: 7
Im doing a full factory reset on my PC now. Lets see if it has any effect ^^

Did a full factory reset and no change. Still have to set environment to low. Starting to look like i really need to show a sledgehammer to this prebuild and get a real PC :unsure:

Okay now after i did that what osman said and putting environment to low on settings (far cry 5) got rid of the ghosting. Other settings does not seem to effect it.
i think what osman and also i mean, is to look into the settings of your graficard. there are some preinstalled settings too what can change all your gamesettings too.

Bild 2021 07 03 164039

Reactions: Osman883

Users who are viewing this thread