PC configuration of all of You !

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
LOl I wouldnt worry too much Maxi...Even time I upgrade a component all it serves to do is to shift the bottleneck out to the user....
Its at the stage now where I am the shittyist componet of my Rig....No ammount of 200fps GPUs,fancy mice, keyboards, 500Hz refresh monitors is going to make me any better :s
As the old saying goes 'theres many a good tune played on an old fiddle.' Uber PC specs aren't the be all and end all. As long as you are having fun thats all that matters.

When SaAS started off all they guys had bought new rigs and I was on a really old machine...They were all running 1920x1080 res with HIGH settings, I was 1024x768 on mostly medium....But to be honest I had as much fun as the guys and I defo laughed as much as they did..Sometimes even more...But that could be just me too ;)

@mini
I ahve this issue with BF2.. Every time i finish a map, and another is loading, after finishing loading, i got kicked and error says that i am using mods. When i rejoin, i can easly play on the same server..

I think I remember that issue.. If you have a fast PC it can load the map before the server has it loaded and then as far as the server is concerned you are not running the same stuff anymore. When it does its checks it thinks since the stuff you are running is not the same as its running it must be mods or hacks.. lol

does affinity setting in taskmanager sort it out?

@mini
I ahve this issue with BF2.. Every time i finish a map, and another is loading, after finishing loading, i got kicked and error says that i am using mods. When i rejoin, i can easly play on the same server..

i bet your run bf3 on your sasmung ssd?!? thats why it loads so fast and game thinkl "ohh, odd something cant be right here" lol and you got your message

this game is 10 years old and no one knows a ssd at this time.

Erm mines a desktop with Dwibble technology tht i dont understand lol i jus press buttons n occasionally swear at it :)

What we have here is a tech virgin.. (No, lee.. not that kind.. shoo.. shoo..)

If you doubt your system can run a game this site is a good tool for checking it and in the same run get your computer specs or hardware details.
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Just add a game like battlefield 2 then press "can you run it" and install the plugin it will show in green the parts that are fine and red what needs to be updated.

To me computer hardware is more of a balance to what works smooth and isn't too expensive. Even if a part has all this "OC top, GTX+, Xtreme, Special, Platinum, Gold, Funky Edition" crap in the model name it's down to the numbers that make the part distinguished from others and tell what it is able to do. So it's as important to know the past as in a sense keep up with where the tech is going.

does affinity setting in taskmanager sort it out?

afaik setting the affinity only sorts out some of the random crashes bf2 has with newer PCs..... the map load versus server map load issue is down to the PC loading the next map much quicker than the server can..I'm not sure on the workaround for this one

lappie !!!

i7 QM3320 @ up to 3,3ghz
gb80gb SSD
500 gb HDD
geforce GTX670M 1,5 GB + 2,0 gb ded.
16 gb 1800 mhz mem

17 inch glossare screen

gaming mouse and keyboard illumi

Hmm... My BF2 is installed on regular HDD, so im wondering if the CPU is not the issue here.. i7 @ 3.5 and 8gb of memory @ 1600mhz may be too fast for bf2.. Also i will try affinity. And btw, do any of you have the issue when you want to join and it says connection lost ? When i want to join i need to first join, it losts connection, then i need to rejoin and map is starting to load.

AW: PC configuration of all of You !

Yes and we already talked about it but seems there is nothing to fix this... And I also have a [email protected] and 8GB RAM and BF2 works fine, tested it yesterday :)

Well it sure works fine here too, but as i said, i need to connect twice with server, and also got these kicked messages.. oh well, it doesnt bother me too much but you know.. :)

me too two attempts required to join ........ maxi nothing to do with a windows 64 bit operating system ?

apparently setting affinity to 1 cpu also helps with lost hitregs ???
hope you sort it .

AW: PC configuration of all of You !

Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
Manufacturer Asus Sabertooth990fx
Processor FX8 Core 8120 3,9Ghz
Memory 16GB DDR 3 G.Skill F-3 12800
Hard Drive Samsung F1 UJ 1000, OCZ SSD 240 GB, OCZ SSD 60 GB
Video Card ASUS HD 6950
Monitor Samsung 32 zoll Flatscreen
Sound Card Realtek
Speakers/Headset Logitech
Keyboard Sidewinder x6
Mouse Logitech G700
Tower Sharcoon Rebel9
1200watt powerplant (Nuclear atitude)

Nice rigs folks!

The upgrade I'm looking for and the one I'm in desperate need of: some sort of lubricant for my connection from brain to right hand (halt right there perverts) so lag between spotting enemy to shooting the bastard becomes less than an average coffee break. :/

u may be waiting a while for that one pix, altho I hear Microsoft are working on it, but you'll have to download gfwl to use it!!!

Nice rigs folks!

The upgrade I'm looking for and the one I'm in desperate need of: some sort of lubricant for my connection from brain to right hand (halt right there perverts) so lag between spotting enemy to shooting the bastard becomes less than an average coffee break. :/

I noticed the "lag" too, and it takes forever to get warmed up properly to be on heightened senses and reflexes in any game lately. I noticed if you want to reach that level it's best to "not think about it, just do" and it starts to improve after a few hours. But if it's not enough i try rely on experience and some oldschool tactics. But while just taking it easy and having some beers i don't really mind. :p

Good hardware can only compensate for a little bit and age takes that back sooner or later.

I used to game on a laptop before the.clan chipped in and helped me build my gaming roof. But tbh I had just as much fun on my old lappy as I do on my desktop rig

Users who are viewing this thread