PC configuration of all of You !

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
C64 with turbo-tape ;)

lmao ZOFFI i used to have a Sinclair spectrum + 48k, used to load games from the tape deck then went to an Amiga 1200 i think then sega mega drive then PS2 -PS3 but always had some sort of PC around..
I used to have an Amstrad PC with a Sega mega drive built in it was pants didn't keep it long : /

Mine is getting on a bit now. Wanted something smaller which is why I went with a Shuttle box. Performs well for Lightroom, Photoshop and most other tasks. Feel that it probably getting to the point where I would like to upgrade the graphics card as most of the other bits seem to be OK. Tempted by the GTX570 but still wondering. Also tempted to swap the motherboard which would allow me to water cool the CPU (the Shuttle mount is non standard so would have to make something to keep the waterblock in place otherwise). Generally happy with it. Was surprised what a difference a wired mouse and keyboard made.

Shuttle SH55J2 Case (modified with larger fan and power supply)
Intel i7 870 2.93ghz
Nvidia GTX560Ti
16GB RAM
SSD1 256GB (Primary drive)
SSD2 128GB (for video recording)
HDD 2TB (data storage - music, pictures)
LG DVD writer
Drobo 8TB HDD array (backup and storage)
NAS 2TB (Offsite data backup)
Razer Deathadder mouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Fiio DAC
Creative 2.1 speakers

Need the disk space mainly for photos (work and personal) which accounts for about 1tb/180,000 images (none of which are "art" before you ask or snigger)

Also noticed the mention of Sinclairs. I had a ZX81 (with 16k rRAM pack) and then moved up (via a VIC20) to a C64 with the tape drive and two floppy drives. Eventually got a PC and the first disk drive I bought was 250MB (yes really and cost £250). 4K of additional RAM was something really stupid in £s and that was <cough> years ago.

Last edited:
if a decent PSU i doubt the heat is so much. Then again with more powerful parts it will be an issue. Full tower is safe unless some compact watercooling..

I thought it might get a tad hot in hungry programs due to the air flow but as Glenn says he's got a big fan :p

hope the fan is goodlooking. lol..

Haha... Maxishine! I'd recognise that name anywhere: [video=youtube;iOax1shis00]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOax1shis00[/video]

Shame he's not done any video's recently though :(

Fractal Design Arc Mini case, Intel i5-3570K CPU (3.40GHz - OC 4.2GHZ) on a MSI Z77MA-G45 Motherboard with Corsair 120mm Hydro Series H80i cooling. 16GB RAM,
SSDs: 256GB & 128GB
HDDs: 3TB, 300GB, 750GB, Drobo with 8TB of HDDs installed
Nvidia GTX670 into a LG 29EA93 29 inch Widescreen (2560X1080)
750W power supply
DVD writer
Windows 8 Pro (with Start 8 so it runs like Windows 7!)
Razer Death Adder mouse on (2x 46cmx40cm mousemats - and still run out of mat!)
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 keyboard
Creative 2.1 speakers

Windows 8. You need to re-install apps and stuff to go from 8.1 beta to the 8.1 release version and I use the PC for work processing the photos I've taken so don't really want to mess about reinstalling. Sounds like it is better in that you can boot to desktop but the Start button isn't the same as that in Windows 7. Start8 on Win 8 gives me the options I want and I have it on all my Win 8 machines.

Yer I upgraded to it, to see what it was like. A few nice little fixes here and there not sure if any speed differences in boot up or gameplay etc and I already used Start8 as well so I didn't really notice the two big changes =/

I quite liked Windows 8 however I noticed something that made me instantly want to move back to Windows 7. Their registration key policy is 1:1, meaning if you do a full reformat you're fucked as the key will no longer work anymore. You then have to hope and prey that the Microsoft telephone advisor is having a good day and they will allow you to reuse your key once more. It was a very poor move by Microsoft one that has made me want to stay with XP and 7.

Really? That's shit, but I've used my companys Dreamspark key multiple times, maybe there's a different policy for Dreamspark/MSNDAA keys haven't bothered to read the agreement :p

Machine name: BIJOU-PC
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.120402-0336)
Language: English (Regional Setting: Danish)
System Manufacturer: Packard Bell BV
System Model: IXTREME 9415
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 4300 @ 1.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.8GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Page File: 1341MB used, 2989MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

Card name: Radeon X1950 Pro
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x7280)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_7280&SUBSYS_E190174B&REV_00
Display Memory: 1021 MB
Dedicated Memory: 255 MB
Shared Memory: 766 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (75Hz)
Monitor: Standard PnP-skærm
Driver Name: atiumdag.dll,atiumdva.cap,atitmmxx.dll
Driver Version: 8.14.0010.0647 (English)
DDI Version: 9Ex
BGRA Supported: Yes
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 2/11/2010 07:17:14, 3839488 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: No
WHQL Date Stamp: None
Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-31C0-11CF-7C76-9AC1A1C2C535}
Vendor ID: 0x1002
Device ID: 0x7280
SubSys ID: 0xE190174B
Revision ID: 0x0000
Revision ID: 0x0000
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C

Its an old cock, but it gets the BF2 job done nicely xD

Last edited:
Colermaster HAF (the biggest of them)

Asus mobo.

i5 4670k haswell oc.d 4.8 ghz

Kingston hyperX 240 gb SSD

1 tb samsung spinpoint

540 gb western caviar

320 gb hp disc

4x 6970 Quad-Crossfire

1200 corsair modular PSU

H60 watercooling

- - - Updated - - -

27" samsung screen

Razer blackwidow ultimate keyboard

Razer carcariaz headphones

mionix naos 8200 mouse

- - - Updated - - -

Windows 7 Ultimate

I quite liked Windows 8 however I noticed something that made me instantly want to move back to Windows 7. Their registration key policy is 1:1, meaning if you do a full reformat you're fucked as the key will no longer work anymore. You then have to hope and prey that the Microsoft telephone advisor is having a good day and they will allow you to reuse your key once more. It was a very poor move by Microsoft one that has made me want to stay with XP and 7.

If it is a OEM version of Windows then it is a one-time activation and that has always been the case. From Microsoft: "Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) activation is a perpetual, one-time activation that associates Windows 7 with the firmware (BIOS) of a computer. This occurs before the computer ships to the customer, so the end user or organization is not required to take any additional actions. The copy of Windows 7 that the OEM installs on a computer is valid only on that particular computer, and it can be reinstalled and reactivated only from the OEM-provided recovery media."

What I normally do is build the PC, load Windows and any other stuff that I really need, activate everything that needs to be and then make a recovery disk set, then do a full back-up of the system disk to an external drive (shouldn't need to be too large) and label and date it. I keep my data on drives separate from the system disk so the OS backup isn't that big. Should you then need to go back to that version there shouldn't be any issues with reactivating Windows or any other software. Also means that you have a relatively clean install to upgrade from too if required in the future.

What did you dislike about Windows 8? I use Start8 which lets you turn Win 8 into Win 7 and hides all the Metro stuff (though you can still get at it if you want).

Users who are viewing this thread