Infantry and cqc pointers

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
G

Gubo

20 Apr 2013
Since it's annoying to get called a cheater or being suspected to be one, usually by the same muppets (Bond, shunt and a few more) I decided to give you some pointers on movement and behaviour as an infantrist.

First of all I'm pretty mediocre by inf.only standards and probably even worse by ESL standards, since I'm playing quite recklessly (hence I dislike campers and lazy snipers) and have atrocious aim, but I think for you people I could give you some advice to improve your movement and maybe your aim. If you don't believe that I'm mediocre just check my stats Guboshljop and Stalinsuncle . I opened Gubo around 2009 just to see if my stats/gaming had improved. Except for those ~450 hours with Gubo on your server, that's pretty much inf.only on the now gone servers from clans like ENG, Nachtgeister and GUS plus I'm playing BF2 on and off, usually with half a year break, when e.g. Diablo II fever strikes me:p)

I am no expert and there are a lot of gamers out there who are far better than me and can give you much better advice.

In General:
- The unrealistic crosshairs are much, much quicker and therefore better than ironsights/red dot sights except for long distance shots (I'd say >40m). You'll save time zooming in and out and still have the entire range of motion.
- Crouching is better then standing and both are much better then being prone (except when you're camping or maybe support) when getting into a fire fight. If you go prone, you'll lose maybe half a second until you are able to shoot again but are still suffering for maybe an additional second from aim penalty. Basically you're just lying there to get slaughtered, instead of supressing or even killing the enemy in that second, you idiotically wasted. If you want to prone, then do it after getting a few shots off and preferably behind a thanks-to-bf2-physics-impervious obstacle whilst lying on your medpack. But in cqc it's pretty useless, crouching already reduces your "size" substantially plus reduces the deviation of your gun almost instantly and if needed it's faster to run away. (Shunt do you remember how I told you it's your own frickin' fault to lie there? That's why it's stupid to do that probably 90% of the time)
- Running away solves a lot of problems (moving targets are harder to hit) especially when you're caught off guard drop to the floor and runaway which will keep you alive whilst you can make a
- Plan how to take out as many fuckers as possible and impose your game onto them. E.g. I often peek around a corner to lure a group of enemies out and mark them on the minimap (yay unrealistic gameplay). If they come towards me, I throw a nade strategically infront of that corner so it supports me gunning them down and injuring them or even kill them if they dare going round the corner. And keep in mind most of the time the are frightened bunnies who might jump or even just lie there to be relieved of their corporeal body. It all comes down to predicting where they will go and what they will do.

Check fatal1ty
[video=youtube;or-JeYWrkEg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or-JeYWrkEg[/video]

- Spotting enemies on the minimap helps you and your team to keep track on where your enemies are going and maybe how many there are. Just hit Q + Left click when moving, so you use the time when not shooting productively. Either spotting or looking left and right. Like in reality every additional useful information keeps you alive.
- Practice with your pistol, because it will save your life when your primary weapons is out of ammo and gives you a ranged option if you're using the DAO.

Medic:
Drop your medipacks everywhere you are or where you will go. If you get surprised, use your medipack and run away preferably over the medipacks you already dropped. If you want to fight, make sure you're always either on a medipack or very close to one.

AT CQC:
If in a pinch and you're running around with the rockets, get the enemy roughly in the centre of your screen and shoot without zooming in and after that shot get out your DAO or other sideweapon. Time saved, probably killed him with the first shot.

Sniper:

Since this class is unrealistic anyway (where's my spotter ffs? and where's the wind), don't lie around in one spot on city maps, rather move behind the infantry (much closer to the action than a sniper should), from cover to cover and "quickscope". Routine is roughly. Get up, stand or crouch, look in the direction of your enemy, zoom in, align your shot quickly, shoot and zoom out in one motion (lc and rc), drop to the floor if you're not sure someone might have you in his sights. So basically you're doing almost the same movements as with the other infantry classes. (Although I'm not quite sure if I'm not pressing lc, y and then rc). Scatha plays a "combat sniper", but far more conservative than I would, 5hoo's even more conservative than him (that's why I think I'm playing recklessly in general.)

So how do I run around? Ingame I'm looking maybe 40% of the time on my minimap or on the big map, therefore you'll often see me running against obstacles or walls or heading in the wrong direction away from my squadleader for a few seconds, just to gather as much information as possible.
I also use an extremely high sensitivity. Less than one cm either left or right and I have covered more than 180°. Which very likely causes together with my crappy mouse my imo atrocious aim. But high sensitivity and my fingertip grip makes me extremely fast in cqc.

(Determine your grip style here: http://www.razerzone.com/mouseguide/ergonomic maybe Frankie's vid on aim helps you)
[video=youtube;1d_XsAzZS2w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d_XsAzZS2w[/video]

Gear:
Some of you might think it's down to gear I use or even macro (5hoo asked me that once). It's almost not important to being a half-decent player. Many movements like for my style of playing the sniper is simple practice, hitting first the left then the right mousebutton and then Y isn't that complicated, speed is down to practice. Same goes for reviving which with practice is easily done in about a second (Y, Leftclick, Y to get up and runaway again) for dying a lot less, just throw a medipack on the corpse so someone trying to shoot you has a harder time to kill you. Again hitting 3 or 4 keys in quick succession isn't brain surgery, is it?

During my BF2-"career" I've been using crappy hardware. 2006 I started out with a 1.6Ghz Turion notebook and mobile graphic chip running @1024x600(?) far below 60fps especially when explosions go off and a 5€ notebook mouse and giveaway mousepad. When that notebook died in 2008, I built a PC which I have been using ever since. I'm using a 65nm Athlon 64X2 @2,8Ghz (mind you the first Phenoms that came out that year, where with 2,2Ghz faster than that cpu, imagine how far behind you and maybe your intel gear that puts me) and used the integrated GPU (780G an onboard HD3200) with the same settings (1024x600 with everything off) but far higher fps than before. Plus I upgraded to a sub 15€ Microsoft mouse, but still using crappy pads. Due to that low resolution I couldn't play vehicles effectively, since at long distance I couldn't see any enemies. This year I finally bought a passive dGPU (HD7750) since I wanted/needed openCL acceleration, which allows me to fully use my 1200p Eizo-Screen with BF2 @1200p~60fps and me being regularly in vehicles. Currently I'm planning to get a gaming mouse plus pad, although I fear that improvement to my aim will lead those aforementioned muppets to ban me, since they don't know any better.:mad: (Probably I'll get banned even sooner, but won't be a big problem DayZ standalone is coming ;).)

If you're getting more than 60fps and still blame your equipment or your opponent, it's your own frickin' fault und you are an utter pillock!

PS: I wish there was [spoilers] [/spoilers] in order to hide dribble I wrote about me and my gear instead of reducing font size.

There was couple of good tips to players. But calling our admins muppets is not maybe best way of behave here.

Calling clanmembers names in our forum is stupid and disrespectful..

how the others said before. calling other admin and NRU clan mates muppets can bring your ass faster on the banlist ass you can read your post here.

would not the first ban for being a cock so i can only give you the hint if you will still playing on the server in the future.

I do know, that this will get me banned, but calling someone permanently a cheater without having a clue himself is respectful? I do know it only takes money to be a server admin, but if you suspect everyone better than you to be cheater, rather than questioning their own shortcomings isn't good either. In the end this puts your clan in a bad light and your screening process. Not only guest like myself should obey rules and netiquette, but so should your people in charge as well.
Don't get me started on how many times I get called a bunny, when I never hit [space] except to get over obstacles and usually crouch if I shoot back...

To be fair Gubo, its not easy for admins to find out if a suspicious player is cheating or just good. There are a lot of cheaters on BF who are not caught by Punkbuster or PBstreem. We dont have PBscreens and BRfile anymore, so sometimes we dont have another choice than to ban a player for suspected cheating and to see if and how he appeals here.
Everyone wants to play on a cheatfree server and if admins dont do anything then players are unhappy but if admins do something and try to find out if someone is cheating, players are also unhappy.

If NRU sucks so much why you play with us so often? And if nobody cares is that fun play with all cheaters and rulebreakers? Checking suspicious players is like cops using alcoholmeter if they have reason doubt you are drunk when driving. I don't understand why that is so big deal to you. And whatever, like sayed that is not your only problem, you must change your attitude and behavior more respecting way.

"who is better and who is worse player".. have you seen someone HERE that has this concern or gives a fuck to that detail?? You think being suspected of cheating means someone is better?? You think this clan will loose its earned respect because of someone with a too big EGO to at least fucking APOLOGISE to the admins on this CLAN forum you are on to whine about your own problems?

Like the clan server you are also a guest on here and if you can't respect that CHILL and try some other places and see if it helps. Abusing admins who try do their job is reason enough alone to get a ban.
It ain't just about money in this clan. NRU get donations for support, not for getting admin. We keep together to have fun games not to get called names by guests on our servers and hear them be cocky about it. But i guess you already KNEW all this.

Nice tips and really interesting to hear a Pros insight into gaming, but as the guys said its not nice to come on an call the admins a muppet, of course I can understand that you have frustrations too if you are repeadedly called a cheater, bunny hopper or hacker when you are 100% legit....but believe you me, if you were as bad as me ingame you'd be honoured to be called a hacker !
I got called one once (it was a particulary sweet headshot with SV98 on BC2)....nearly wet myself with excitement and posted a scrn shot to xife !

I know guys out there that put a hell of a lot of time and effort into skilling up and they are damn good at the game, but if you play public servers, chill, you cant be calling everyone less skilled muppets. Some of us are only playing for fun and lolz. There is proper scrims, leagues out there where the pros can test their metal versus other high skilled and motiavated peeps !

Now GROUP HUG ! xxx

Hm...never said I am an experienced and pro player Gubo and I can imagine getting told you are a cheater is not nice in case you really arent. Fair enough...however you may admit that you shoot people in strangest angles and situations using one bullet right between the eyes regardless which weapon you use, could be even a dart arrow....THAT would make YOU also suspicious. And it is not that the MUPPETS say they can do it always better, but we also say we also dont play since yesterday.

And frankly, I dont care a shit if you are better than me or others, but I do care if a) I have the feeling that there are strange disadvantages for clan and other players during game

Last edited:
Hi mate good tips.but have some respect but nothing I haven't heard before.one thing you need to know is skill doesn't matter here.but tbh allot of us bf3 players were once only bf2 players with 1000 plus hours in game so what im trying to say is our admins and players are capable when it comes to bf2 and when they have questions about bf2 we dont need u oh wise one.to come.here and post all these bf2tips.thank s but no thanks and kindly.piss off bf2 name was sweneysbattlefieldac I think o had 1200 real round time and closer to 1000 hours of practice while waiting for our server to start up.

WOOOH! settle down as Mini sais group hugs and all that ;)
@ Gubo:

when were on Ts m8 I was taking the piss and fucking around, but my Scottish accent maybe came across as quite harsh! what can I say my accent sometimes gets lost in translation :confused:

I have never accused you of cheating, even before you popped on Ts Scatha and i had a chat about your playing skill were I complimented you for it, playing against you with the eryx kill thats when I asked about macro but i was just having a laugh, I play similar to you in the crouch prone, and.. I try and make myself a very hard target.. and like you have had a few NRU admin get angry and rage at me too, I've been called a bunny, a prone spammer a reverse bunny?! still haven't figured that out yet?? a dolphin diver, to which I do None of the above! (and this is when i'm on Ts with them) ;)

I too have played a lot on i/o servers to which I prefer, (no arty no fat pricks in tanks) and yes I do sometimes play in a conservative manner whilst sniping on NRU sometimes, but I'm never lazy I will always attack flags (check my caps stats) and I have a serious beef with lazy camping snipers! i'll take a whole squad on!

when im on Ts with spotify playing, I'm quite chilled with sniping as spotify is a bitch for hogging my connection speeds and I get ping fluxes! my other account I only use on i/o servers im over 3.2 on my sniper kd, and im very aggressive, but i would never play the way i do there on the NRU server because I'd get banned!

I have been banned many times on i/o servers, ENG, Smeg, diewesterwilderjungs (forgive my spelling) and plenty others! (thank god for Xfire and getting unbanned)

My clan Cranial Tap has all ex Snipers from W00kie, Blates, RSG and other clans and we are all banned from most BF2 servers, and i'm the worst of my clan.

I have admin here which the head admins kindly give me access too which helps me to look out for air combat players or just general coco's in tanks that rape all day.

but i just play for a laugh here, I have a sheet of A3 white paper for a mouse mat, and my roller ball on my mouse is fucked, which doesn't help with weapon changes as i don't like to use number keys to flip between weapons.

I do feel your pain bro, I have played the game for a long ass time, and have had the privilege of playing alongside some awesome players.

but try not to have a go at members as they're only doing their job (it is a lot easier to chat rather than go pointing fingers! we are here to de-stress from life and have fun) I join your squad a lot and vice versa and enjoy playing against you as a challenge is the only way to better yourself at something.

we all have our good days and bad,

Everyone take a breather ;)

hang on but how much time has the poor guy wasted in doing this great post fair play to him i say :D
but yes like i have said before there are good players out there gaming,its just a bit sad that some people get there arses owned in game by a good player then bang they are cheating.
yes yes yes before u bang on about cheats, im all for banning cheats i have spent so much of my time chasing them and banning them in metabans
but spare a moment for good players

a reverse bunny?! still haven't figured that out yet??

Shoofly Mcfly, don't be all fecking coy and pretend you dont know what the reverse bunny is.

it has many names

the funky worm
the shoo shuffle
the reverse bunny

Anyone who has played against shoo a lot will understand what i'm about to say.
All ready ? lets go

In normal bf2 terms a bunny hopper is one who jumps constantly in a fire fight in order to put the opponents aim off..Everyone with me so far ?

The funky worm perfectd by Mr Shoofly is when shoo comes at you with his blade out...he alternates from a sprint to prone, to slide sideways back to sprint at you again and repeat...Now this is very disconterting for many reasons some of which I'll try to explain.

You have a full auto gun, and try as you may, you'll never hit a funky worm performing shoo...
This only adds to the aprehension you feel as he gains distance on you and you are dwindling away bullets, the usless of your situation is not looming over you....all your bullets are gone...shoo is upon you....This is where people go one of two ways.

The true men stand will accept the fate infront of them and take the shanking and tea-bagging that follows...Spawn back in and get on with it
The idiots and those unaware of the dangerous perdiciment they are in will draw there own blade and think they are in some sort of knfie fight...OH NO...Shoo just wants you to think that..You fool you have fallen for the trap... try and you may stabbing a funky worm is harder than shooting one...shoo is only getting warmed up now...he lives for this...you can hear his maniacial cackle on TS

it never was a fair fight you poor delusional fool.....Funky worm 1 - 0 Noob

TL:DR reverse bunny is a BAD thing :p

Don't forget the vids to explain..

Reverse bunny
[video=youtube;D-gKPoSsCeE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-gKPoSsCeE[/video]

And how to get skill
[video=youtube;yua-9eoaAxs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yua-9eoaAxs[/video]

Last edited:
Ok, this post is not finished, I had it done, wanted to upload 2 charts, but I forgot to check "remember me" when I logged during the footy match, so I was logged out automatically and to top it I forgot copying the text before I hit "Preview Post" and sent my lenghty reply into nirvana...
Missing replys will be edited in, so maybe check back in a few days for the complete thing. Just wanting to show you, that I'm not hiding from the discussion.
uff, and I hit the 10000 character limit, will edit some missing answers to a different reply...

To be fair Gubo, its not easy for admins to find out if a suspicious player is cheating or just good. There are a lot of cheaters on BF who are not caught by Punkbuster or PBstreem. We dont have PBscreens and BRfile anymore, so sometimes we dont have another choice than to ban a player for suspected cheating and to see if and how he appeals here.
Everyone wants to play on a cheatfree server and if admins dont do anything then players are unhappy but if admins do something and try to find out if someone is cheating, players are also unhappy.
Yes, I do understand that. But I'm rarely giving someone a headshot (long and medium range) and most of the gunfights people complain about are in close range where they make easy and avoidable mistakes and don't notice where I am (behind a wall, crate etc.) or on what I am standing (medipacks) or where I'm moving towards to and then wonder why I live longer and return fire calmly and relative precisely.

If NRU sucks so much why you play with us so often? And if nobody cares is that fun play with all cheaters and rulebreakers? Checking suspicious players is like cops using alcoholmeter if they have reason doubt you are drunk when driving. I don't understand why that is so big deal to you. And whatever, like sayed that is not your only problem, you must change your attitude and behavior more respecting way.
You miss the point entirely, I was venting against certain admins. I do play on this server because it has that just4fun flair. To recap what happened during the last 3-ish weeks:
I started using ts3, I showed up a few times when mostly a few were online (usually 5hoo and Scatha), then during a game where both were present, Bond murmers (I'm paraphrasing) after I kill him "turn off your f*cking cheats" (in German: Mach' mal die scheiß cheats aus) probably not realizing I was on there because a few minutes later after getting shock paddled he asked ingame whether I thought I was being funny. I only made 1 or 2 more visits to your ts and each time at somepoint someone (not those 2) was insinuating cheats and hopping more or less subtle. And I think I can distinguish if something is said out of frustration or someone curses in the heat of the moment or if it's an actual opinion. So I thought to myself you don't have to listen to that and ts3 is causing small hiccups during gaming anyway, so just don't use it anymore.
Then 2 days ago I had a good run on Sharqi as a Medic (22-1, ended 34 or 32 to 8) and got asked by shunt if I was running cheats, which I denied and told him that it's his own fault [meaning getting killed] if he prones [when trying to kill someone face to face without the element of surprise at close range which happened 2 or 3 times before that]. I didn't mind that question at the time at all, since it's only fair to ask and it's his job, but then I checked the boards http://noobs-r-us.co.uk/threads/541-lt-lt-CRO-gt-gt-clan!/page2?p=8723&viewfull=1#post8723 seeing Bond's reply and after my reply shunt's threat "borrowed time". I do apologize for the choice of words, I could have written that more elegantly, but that was the straw broke the proverbial camel's back, since there is a consensus about my play some people have and it's definitely not in my favor.

Plus I had my fair share of unwarranted ingame warnings by Bond and even an unwarranted kick by you after chriskrass lied (he said I was spawncamping). Since then I give him shit every time he says something ingame, but that's his problem. As you can see I have, at least in my opinion, every reason to believe many think I break rules regularly but haven't been caught yet...

"who is better and who is worse player".. have you seen someone HERE that has this concern or gives a fuck to that detail?? You think being suspected of cheating means someone is better?? You think this clan will loose its earned respect because of someone with a too big EGO to at least fucking APOLOGISE to the admins on this CLAN forum you are on to whine about your own problems?

Like the clan server you are also a guest on here and if you can't respect that CHILL and try some other places and see if it helps. Abusing admins who try do their job is reason enough alone to get a ban.
It ain't just about money in this clan. NRU get donations for support, not for getting admin. We keep together to have fun games not to get called names by guests on our servers and hear them be cocky about it. But i guess you already KNEW all this.
You're partially right and I do apologize for the poor choice of words, but check my answer to Heikk.

Hm...never said I am an experienced and pro player Gubo and I can imagine getting told you are a cheater is not nice in case you really arent. Fair enough...however you may admit that you shoot people in strangest angles and situations using one bullet right between the eyes regardless which weapon you use, could be even a dart arrow....THAT would make YOU also suspicious. And it is not that the MUPPETS say they can do it always better, but we also say we also dont play since yesterday.

And frankly, I dont care a shit if you are better than me or others, but I do care if a) I have the feeling that there are strange disadvantages for clan and other players during game and b) if clan people get offended. Thats all....
...reply coming...
But also check my reply to Heikk.

Hi mate good tips.but have some respect but nothing I haven't heard before.one thing you need to know is skill doesn't matter here.but tbh allot of us bf3 players were once only bf2 players with 1000 plus hours in game so what im trying to say is our admins and players are capable when it comes to bf2 and when they have questions about bf2 we dont need u oh wise one.to come.here and post all these bf2tips.thank s but no thanks and kindly.piss off bf2 name was sweneysbattlefieldac I think o had 1200 real round time and closer to 1000 hours of practice while waiting for our server to start up.
...reply coming...

[cT*] 5h00fly;8805 said:
WOOOH! settle down as Mini sais group hugs and all that ;)
@ Gubo:

I have never accused you of cheating, even before you popped on Ts Scatha and i had a chat about your playing skill were I complimented you for it, playing against you with the eryx kill thats when I asked about macro but i was just having a laugh, I play similar to you in the crouch prone, and.. I try and make myself a very hard target.. and like you have had a few NRU admin get angry and rage at me too, I've been called a bunny, a prone spammer a reverse bunny?! still haven't figured that out yet?? a dolphin diver, to which I do None of the above! (and this is when i'm on Ts with them) ;)

... sheet of A3 white paper for a mouse mat...

I do feel your pain bro, I have played the game for a long ass time, and have had the privilege of playing alongside some awesome players.

but try not to have a go at members as they're only doing their job (it is a lot easier to chat rather than go pointing fingers! we are here to de-stress from life and have fun) I join your squad a lot and vice versa and enjoy playing against you as a challenge is the only way to better yourself at something.

we all have our good days and bad,

Everyone take a breather ;)
...more coming...

[Now the part I was writing before I sent the text into nirvana]
Regarding playing with good players. When I started BF2 was the first shooter I played a lot and I was pretty useless. Since I am a guy who chats or talks only the necessary amount, I started following those (to quote you) "awesome players" around the map, joined their squads, revived them and began to imitate their style and movement and learned a lot while having fun on busy servers. After a while my game improved a lot as you can see on these charts

Stalinsuncle Guboshljop

I was pretty much on my way establish a k/d of 3 and spm of 5, that's why I opened Guboshljop, to see how far I improved, but running only as a medic and throwing in a few rounds of sniping, assault and AT on I/O got a bit boring, so I changed things a bit.
That's just stuff/style you learn and never forget. Throw in the occasional stint on fast paced shooters like OpenArena, Quake or Unreal Tournament and you love those skirmishes where speed is as important as accuracy.

I do also listen to music while gaming, so I almost never hear artillery going off, so I'm used to having only the visual clues while gaming. And I too used white paper as mat for a while, but now I have a Donald Duck mousemat, I got for free somewhere. (When that's too shabby, the next will have Pluto on it.)

@Genozide
Your last clip, brought me to compilation of LevelCap, that show how important it is to move smartly and be quicker. In BF2 it's probably a lot easier than in BF3 due to more precise crosshair. Plus he has a lot of useful video tutorials.
[video=youtube;88Z5XRSTM5g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88Z5XRSTM5g[/video]

[video=youtube_share;09lrxKBmjYc]http://youtu.be/09lrxKBmjYc[/video]

[video=youtube;-DHwBe46sXc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=-DHwBe46sXc&NR=1[/video]

And with experience you get even comfortable rushing through open spaces.

Thanks for finally apologising.

partially right? what in that quote, then, was wrong?
(and yes i did read the whole post).

take your time and we see what the others reply here too..

Gubo: Nice you changed your way to be nicer and apologized your behavior. These ratios you said are not sure sign of cheating, i have often same kind of numbers when i have good rounds. But i didn't saw what Bond and Shunt saw so i can say nothing about that cheating thing. But i trust 100% both of them are good and fair admins who are just trying take care of server, they are fun players who don't care about ratios/getting killed. If you really are clean just try stay calm, behave nice and things settle down when people know you better and starts trust you.

And im sorry about that kick if it really was mistake. But there was lots of moaning about you and chriskrass is trusted long time regular. I can't see to other side of map but if several people starts report/moan about same player that's why i kicked you then.

Alright you nancy boys enough of this apologizing were men.Let's shoot stuff and then tbag it while grunting.see you on the battle field m8

Users who are viewing this thread