Improved networking setting

• Thread starter General_Misery
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
General_Misery

General_Misery

NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Halmstad - Sweden
Check this out if you haven't already: https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/new-netcode-update-rolling-out/

Note: "The High Frequency Update is by default turned OFF in this release. You will have to enable this setting to take advantage of the improved networking. To support players with a limited bandwidth connection, we support three different levels: LOW, MEDIUM and HIGH. Most players with a connection faster than 1Mbit upload and 1Mbit download should be fine using the HIGH setting. If you experience any issues, lower or turn off the setting completely."

Will try it later tonight...

I tried the high setting very briefly and just found that I was hitting sod all. Not sure if it was me or the setting. I know I'm not the greatest player but I can usually get some kills! Try and test it properly at some point. Still seem to be getting killed with a high percentage of head kills which I noticed after the recent update.

I've heard good things from players on reddit and those on CTE

Tried it at all settings and despite having 100/10 speed it was unstable, got stable when I turned it off... :(

not had any problems with it and it's making bf4 fun again, what setting is your network smoothing on? when i first tried it i had to up the network smoothing from 0 to 20% as people were rubber banding a little. i know it shouldn't affect you with your upload speeds but i guess it can't hurt to try?

I'll have to up the anything fair I'm at 8% I turned the network setting to high and found my scar h want hitting targets I normally hit.I was playing with high pings so this might be why I couldn't hit anything

Played this morning and didn't notice any problems but didn't notice any big difference either. Then again mostly I was defribing and dropping medi packs :)

so what settings i have to use
i have 100/5 connection

so what settings i have to use
i have 100/5 connection

You are always so drunk i think it does not matter very much... :tbag: If i understand it right you (and me too) should use "High" but im noob and im not sure. :p

Not good or bad just never seen that bigger difference between upload and download

I have cable 100M in 10M out. Speed test gave results 97 and 9 moment ago. :p

Sam: I have 100/10 as I chose not to get 100/100 as I don't use upload that much and the price difference was preposterous! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread