hunting mice

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
This just in from Koblenz (I like your outfit Sascha lol):

Attachments

• Lakaelo the mice catcher.jpg
    Lakaelo the mice catcher.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 23
its going to be a full time job....

7th. they going smaller and smaller. looks like they can not growing up that fast as i catch them lol

Attachments

• 2015-04-26 20.09.47.jpg
    2015-04-26 20.09.47.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 2015-04-26 20.09.35.jpg
    2015-04-26 20.09.35.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 4
Maybe if you throw food for them outside of you garden then they will get too fat to squeeze through where they are coming from.

i really love you for not killing them

i did this as well at home my father always killed them and i had to stop that - we have them constantly mice in our compost (i hope thats the right word ;D)

They always look at you as you open the top just not ready for all the light :D

If you want to get rid of the mice but dont want to kill them, then you have to lose the food supply from your garden and that includes the food you are using in the traps, its still food and if you release them they will be straight back.
I bet they are all on Facebook telling their friends about the rich pickings in your garden. :popcorn:

@Sascha on a serious note
We have quite a few mice and some neighbours have seen the odd rats at night which is to be expected
my next door neighbour keeps rabbits and has lots of bird feeders which is what's drawing them in, thankfully I have a cat and use mouse poison I have no problem in killing them these are not field mice
Their house is now becoming mouse ridden its a new house as well so just be careful you do not want mice in your house at all.....

if they would be come in than they would straight going to hell. the dogs would not make any prisoners and the cats would also going to do there job. so i have no fears in that way.

also its quite normal in some years that the mouse population is growing above average. that is calling "miceyears". bring on from mild winter and good food. because of the short live of the mice and the simultaneously growing miceeaters its mostly a short periode of "overpopulation". i know this from past years. we got same before and after this miceyear you see not one in the garden.

so i only put them out of my "privatzone" and after some weeks most of them died anyway.

beside all this, our mice are "rötelmäuse" (myodes glareolus) and they not going inside. so no problem with that. if we got "hausmäuse" (mus musculus) or even more rats, than i would not see this such funny because this could be really a problem.

We have a lot of bird feeders and have never seen any mice or any evidence of them. After seeing mouse cam I set on up but never got anything.

They are obviously there as when we had a cat she used to bring some in. We very rarely get them in the loft but have no idea how they got up there. Checked for obvious holes and filled them but they haven't been re-opened. There was one of those dry "hot water bottle" things that you microwave which was full of grain but was empty when we discovered what was causing them. Set live traps but never got anything. Occasionally hear a noise but have not found any droppings. We aren in a smallish village so the country isn't far away at all so I guess you do have to live with them.

The ones we get are not the "normal" house mouse but wood mice or dormouse. Despite my wife being vegetarian those that get in the house may result in a less satisfactory outcome for them - Deadmou5 :(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread