Hello From Munich

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
vnutschi

vnutschi

NRU Member
11 Aug 2017
Hi

Im Aleks from Munich/Germany.

Im 39 Years old. I have no Kids but a wive.

I like to drink Beer and play BF4 :)

I speak of course German. And a little bit English and Croatian becouse my parents are from there.

So thats it.

See you on the Battlefield.

Aleks

BF, drinking beer and talking about beer. Is there anything else?

Had a few drunken evenings in the Rathaus in Munich.

With regard to English, you won't get mocked on here (or the server) for poor English. If we worried about that nobody would post on here! :)

Reactions: lakaelo
Hallo und herzlich willkommen!
And no, i do not spreche Deutsch any more than that.

Soooo what beer you like?
To this day i'm looking to establish a favourite taste, i think i'm looking for something sweet, but not so heavy...
I tried weinshtefan no idea how i feel about it, guiness is horse-pee, jk lol but still we have only one type of it here and it's not as amazing, Barbar was actually a bit pleasant to me, Hobgoblin gold was like not too bad but not too good either.... and the others well i don't even remember... ah right, corona, piss... Heiniken and Carlsberg i haven't drank them for years i don't even remember how they taste and don't really care... tried some russian beer in a big plastic bottle (ew) but actually it was good, the thing it was 5 years ago so i don't even remember it's name or look...
So to you and basically to all germans and brits here or anyone else who has an aquired taste for good bier, recommendations?

Reactions: vnutschi
Hallo und herzlich willkommen!
And no, i do not spreche Deutsch any more than that.

Soooo what beer you like?
To this day i'm looking to establish a favourite taste, i think i'm looking for something sweet, but not so heavy...
I tried weinshtefan no idea how i feel about it, guiness is horse-pee, jk lol but still we have only one type of it here and it's not as amazing, Barbar was actually a bit pleasant to me, Hobgoblin gold was like not too bad but not too good either.... and the others well i don't even remember... ah right, corona, piss... Heiniken and Carlsberg i haven't drank them for years i don't even remember how they taste and don't really care... tried some russian beer in a big plastic bottle (ew) but actually it was good, the thing it was 5 years ago so i don't even remember it's name or look...
So to you and basically to all germans and brits here or anyone else who has an aquired taste for good bier, recommendations?

I would recommend some of the strong Belgian ales like Chimay Grande Reserve (the blue one). They tend to be higher alcohol but are also a bit sweeter. Porter style beers tend to be sweeter too without being like Guinness. Porters can also be quite chocolately.

McChouffe is good as are some of the Golden Carolus dark beers too. Orval is another one worth trying. (Strange, we were at all three of those breweries last week :) ).

I would also sign up for Untappd (have apps on iOS and Android and I'm either Glen Wilson or Glenc - can never remember which). There is a lot of information about beers and you can see what is popular. Also, try and get a copy of "1001 beers you must try before you die" - a second hand copy event as is a good reference to all sorts of styles and gives a good taste guide too.

If you have time I would suggest trying home brewing. I got a kit that had everything in it including the malts, hops etc and the demijohn fermenter to start with. Learn the basics then you can get recipes and vary those to your own taste. Here is one I did...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well right now is in Munich the Oktoberfest. There are so much different people here. But when u drink 2 or 3 Mass Bier everyone understand the other.

Bookings-have-fallen-at-the-Oktoberfest-709874.jpg

Reactions: glenwilson
Reactions: glenwilson
AAAAH LOOK AT ALL OF THE THOSE BEERS I NEVER SEEN (well except for leffe)
AMAZING.
Darn i need to make some sort of a grand tour across europe visiting Germany, belgium, all of the UK, and whatever's great around too...

We tend to have a beer a couple of times a week. It is nice to have favourites “in stock” but also trying something new is fun. I used to order from https://www.belgianbeerfactory.com but they have stopped delivering to the UK :( But they do have a shop which we did visit last week. We do a cross channel incursion in December as Eurotunnel is £20 return and the savings made on beer, wine, cheese etc. easily covers costs. A bottle of Chimay blue here can cost nearly €3 but at Carrefour at Calais it is about €1.20! There is a mandarin brandy that cost £14 in Calais but here costs £36.

Hi

Im Aleks from Munich/Germany.

Im 39 Years old. I have no Kids but a wive.

I like to drink Beer and play BF4 :)

I speak of course German. And a little bit English and Croatian becouse my parents are from there.

So thats it.

See you on the Battlefield.

Aleks
ahh nice to meet ya aleks, belated welcome from my end to the forums XD
i like your interests, theyr just my style XD except the BF4 is replaced with BF1 but nvm that XD

Users who are viewing this thread