GoPro stuff

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Need to get another m/sd card for it, as the one I got is from an old phone and when you record in 4k its full in just over 1 minute :eek:

Which 4 did you get?

In addition to memory card(s) get some spare batteries too. Depending on what you are using it for I would suggest an aluminium skeleton case too as it gives some protection (and a filter mount) plus access to the charging port. You can then use a mains supply or a 20,000mah battery that will keep it going like the Duracell bunny (until the card fills up).

Its a hero 4 black
Primary intended use will be waterproof rec and photo but the potential is endless. Dont have a screen so use phone. Not too happy with access to batt/charging port/sd card but you cant have everything. Its like a Barby doll when it comes to accessories, they do sh!t loads of stuff. Will learn in time whats good and whats not.

I have the 4 Silver and like the screen. For my 3 Black I have the add on screen which I also have an extension for which enables you to remote view. The app can be flakey and they can't seem to leave it alone and often It doesn't get better.

Though my 4 silver can do 4K the frame rate isn’t very good but the black is really good. You can also crop the 4K video if you need to.

There are some GoPro accessories that are better made but things like head and chest mounts don't have to be. Have a look on YouTube for home made mounts as they can be more versatile than standards ones.

Got this camera off Amazon for £25. Says it is 1080P HD but I'm not sure where they get that from as the video looks more like VGA! However, as a very cheap camera with some mounts it isn't bad value. Probably a good starter camera for a child or something where you can afford to lose it. It is slightly bigger than a GoPro and has nowhere near the options for video or pictures. I had thought about using it as a dash cam but the image quality isn't really good enough for that. Some of the more expensive versions look as though they would be a decent substitute for a GoPro.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Agree. The bits I got with it was worth the price and as a backup camera it's fine. Didn't expect much.

Just came back from a fishing trip to France but before I went I bought a 256 ghz mSD card for the pro, thinking bigger is better. Didnt try it first just threw it in the bag to set up when there. Camera ready to film playing the fish and under water filming of the release of the fish. When the action started out comes the camera.
Guess what it didnt work, when you play it back it shows it as being there but this shows "SD ERR". Formatted card again but still the same result, so pro back in the case and forgotten about thinking SD card must be naf. Get home and decide to actually read the instructions (as you do AFTER the fact) and there it was; compatible with cards up to 64Ghz.
Lesson of the day: "Instructions are not just for wimps" :whistle:

That is a shame. Does surprise me that devices are still limited to 32 or 64 capacity especially when SD cards are getting bigger and cheaper. Got a 64 card today for £14. If there was an MP3 player (or a phone) that could use the large capacity cards I would get one and use it as a replacement for my ageing iPod.

However, I would suggest that a few smaller cards are better than one massive one from a failure and loss point of view. All eggs in one basket springs to mind. Have had a few cards go bad recently - especially ones used in the GoPros.

With the holiday looming I was sorting through my GoPro mounts and trying to keep them to a minimum. One of the dos useful is that below. It consists of a basic flat mount, a sticky pad and some clear plastic (any plastic will do). The slots enable you to pass a zip tie through and then you can mount it to pretty much anything. These are useful for mounting a camera on the front of a car by feeding the zip tie through the radiator grill or if there are roof bars on there. Rental companies don't like you to stick mounts to the cars! In the garden you can use it to attach to branches in bushes or anywhere you can get a zip tie around. If you have a long enough zip tie I'm sure you could mount it on a dog or cat. :) It is cheap and easy to make - took about 15 minutes.

Another useful mount is the one that the GoPro is attached to in the box. That can be used in quite a few places where you don't need a tripod but just somewhere to keep the camera steady.

IMG 1833 IMG 1836

Users who are viewing this thread