frikadellen / buletten

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Have you tasted haggis already? I always wondered lol, also it is forbidden in the US 😁
Yes I have and I do like it. Vegetarian version is good too!

Have to love the USA Probably no different to what is in a burger - 100% beef for a reason! They also banned Kinder eggs as you COULD choke on the toy. However, 40,000+ gun deaths a year: whatever go enjoy yourself.

Reactions: lakaelo and Ch8nge
"Haggis (Scottish Gaelic: taigeis) is a savoury pudding containing sheep's pluck (heart, liver, and lungs), minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and cooked while traditionally encased in the animal's stomach though now often in an artificial casing instead."

And you are worried about separator meat!
We only make blood sausage from cooked pigs pluck abd spices. And I must say its yummy. Especially with sauerkeaut

• Love
Reactions: glenwilson
i could never digest it, my old man loves it. Me (n) just dont like the texture :(

My Dad worked in a butchers for a while when he was youngish and used to eat all that crap stuff and that is where they suspect he got CJD from but because it can take over 20 years before it shows itself it isn't really possible to know where he caught it from. This was before and the CJDv (madcow) stuff came out.

My Dad worked in a butchers for a while when he was youngish and used to eat all that crap stuff and that is where they suspect he got CJD from but because it can take over 20 years before it shows itself it isn't really possible to know where he caught it from. This was before and the CJDv (madcow) stuff came out.
wow so sorry to hear that, my mum allways told me to be careful when i eat that kind of stuff, that there is a possibility to pick up some ilness, i guess she was reffering to CJD. :( so sorry to hear that man.

Reactions: glenwilson
Thanks. Some offal is OK but brains, sweet breads and nads is something that I will not touch.

Having read reecent studies on it I am still not sure they know how people get it. Often wonder is some people are just genetically susceptible towards it. I t was over 40 years ago now and we had never heard of it. Looking back there were loads of symptoms for about 10 years before. There would be something like micro sleeps, then slight hand shakes, unexplained weight loss, then other things that all seemed to disappear. Then he was just not feeling well and and within about 2 weeks he was in hospital. Worse bit was visiting someone who wasn't really there for about 3 months and waiting for the phone call.

The CJDv variant was an accelerated version of it. At the time, about 60 people a year got CJD in the UK . With mad cow CJDv the numbers didn't really change that much so do sort of wonder why there wasn't more cases. I am still not able to give blood because of the risk.

• Sad
Reactions: lakaelo and Riot_co
No need to be sad! :) Have some great memories and remember those than the end. It isn't worth feeling sad about that but reflect on the good times and make sure you live your best life. Eventually, when you get older, you look out at the field and realise there are no f*cks left to harvest or to give! :D Don't have to many regrets before you come back as a cat!

Cat Spock GIF by MOODMAN

Users who are viewing this thread