Crysis 3

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Well i've just read some Forum posts on MyCrysis.com and everyone is having this problem it seems, plus people have lost there social 1 dog tags which they and me have unlocked it appears. There is some sort of shader problem or
Graphic driver issues which is causing the problem :mad:

Plus there are many more issues it's caused which i cannot be arsed to mention..

what do you expect? the game is fresh. they still gotta fix alot of bugs

yeah gfwl is much much worse & i physically hate origin but after my recent experience with gfwl i will not buy another game that has this bullshit.

Oh off topic but arma 3 looks cool, to me it looks like bf3 should have been, never played arma b4 anyone tried it?

Wooooooooow no thanks I would not like BF3 to be like arma way too realistic

yeah gfwl is much much worse & i physically hate origin but after my recent experience with gfwl i will not buy another game that has this bullshit.

Oh off topic but arma 3 looks cool, to me it looks like bf3 should have been, never played arma b4 anyone tried it?

waay too realistic for me. its like pure realism (ofcourse with its bugs and stuff... but come on what game does not have bugs) I've mainly played the dayz mod on it though and a little tiny whiny bit of wastelands (its like a gametype on arma)

AW: Crysis 3

I play Arma 2 with reality mods which can be really much fun with some friends. They are quite big datawise and contain "realistic" medical treatment and injuries. Well to be honest it's not realistic at all but still better than default. And also a sound mod which is connected to Teamspeak and makes you hear directional and you see the lips going up and down. Also it contains realistic radio devices based on width and channels and stuff... A shitload of new vehics, planes, helos, tanks... And I don't like dayz :)
ACE is the medic mod and ACRE is the sound mod called if I am right :) I got very well instructed with Sixupdater by a friend :)

And BF3 isn't Arma at all! In no way. It's like comparing Mario Kart and a racing simulation. Arma is huge maps, I mean huge! Many vehics, many players on public. Real teamplay, realistic ballistics. But hard to get into without a good instructor.
But still I have to say I like BF3 more, it's easy to play alone. Arma isn't possible if you're alone...

Re: AW: Crysis 3

I play Arma 2 with reality mods which can be really much fun with some friends. They are quite big datawise and contain "realistic" medical treatment and injuries. Well to be honest it's not realistic at all but still better than default. And also a sound mod which is connected to Teamspeak and makes you hear directional and you see the lips going up and down. Also it contains realistic radio devices based on width and channels and stuff... A shitload of new vehics, planes, helos, tanks... And I don't like dayz :)
ACE is the medic mod and ACRE is the sound mod called if I am right :) I got very well instructed with Sixupdater by a friend :)

And BF3 isn't Arma at all! In no way. It's like comparing Mario Kart and a racing simulation. Arma is huge maps, I mean huge! Many vehics, many players on public. Real teamplay, realistic ballistics. But hard to get into without a good instructor.
But still I have to say I like BF3 more, it's easy to play alone. Arma isn't possible if you're alone...

^ THIS. A million times.

Re: AW: Crysis 3

yeah ARMA 2 is a decent game, OFP was even better and the original ARMA isn't worth talking about :).

Arma isn't possible if you're alone...

very true, did you ever manage to play it with 20+ people on TS? it's a whole new game with that many people working together to take out either a whole town of A.I. or even better a few clan mates on the enemy side. but you don't like dayz? why, did someone steal your beans?!

oh and since you like "playing medic" :p:p may i suggest the great game surgeon simulator 2013 - it's erm, very realistic ;)

[video=youtube_share;v2XkTIYhQC8]http://youtu.be/v2XkTIYhQC8[/video]

Yes, there is a German Arma community called Brigade2010, you can google it. The TSviewer always has roundabout 15+ players 24/7 on it, on weekends a whole load more! :) But they are mostly playing against AI, but still fun if it got wisely skilled. And I don't like dayz because the hype about it is/was too big -> little kiddies playing it and I heard enough about cheaters, admin abuse, etc... So I tried it for 5 mins and as nothing happened and I was only walking around I deinstalled it right after these minutes :b And yes about this silly Simulator also was a hype lololol and every silly Let's player was making silly videos about it haha

Well I posted some short stuff in the Chatbox, maybe you missed it :) First to say: I have a key for you for this if you want to test it: "Arma 3 Alpha Lite is similar to the regular Arma 3 Alpha in terms of content. However, modding and multiplayer are not supported. People can access Arma 3 Alpha Lite for free, but will require an ‘invite’ to do so. These invites can be obtained via people who have purchased the regular Arma 3 Alpha. They will also be randomly dispersed via our social channels and selected media outlets."

Second, it looks great. If you played Arma 2 you'll feel the same authentic feeling whilst walking with a squad of 10 guys, connected on TS ready for a long mission. But now the controls are much more smooth infantry wise, they still have to improve helos imo. But - Alpha. Not too much in the Alpha for I think 20 £, right now! A bit infantry, a few vehicles and 2 helos. And Stratis, a cool made island which is actually pretty huge for only being an Alpha map. Full game map will be many times bigger. You'll get access to the Beta in Summer and a download key for the full game later then planned for Q3 for this money. So the price is pretty much awesome. The game is treating the hardware very hard processorwise from what I've read so far, as it's not fully multicore able right now if I got that right. They have to and will improve on that I guess...
Showcases, 4 right now are small but thats not too bad, multiplayer is of course more important. You need some mates to play some selfedited or downloaded missions and mods, with randoms it's not as half as fun. But the community is quite alright. E.g. a few m8s and I met a guy when one of us was hosting, after a mission he invited us into his TS and we (15 guys all together) had huge fun at "Escape from Stratis", an developer implemented mp mission.
Many different kinds to play mp btw, today I played a bit on a Blitzkrieg server, a mission not too different from Conquest of Battlefield. There is something like DayZ already without downloading mods, but I don't like that :) Then TDM, Wasteland etc... You can google each if you want more info or ask me.

To conclude: If you want to play some bit more serious missions sometimes and you liked Arma 2 - buy the Alpha. Much cheaper for now.
TBH I don't really know why one who tends to buy Arma 3 in the future shouldn't buy the Alpha... It's a bit like Premium, less money but you don't really know what you'll get. You have to trust Bohemia Interactive. But I would bite my arse if I've waited till the full game in about 6 months, payed more and still would've been disappointed gamewise. So I also recommend to watch some gameplays on YT to see what you'll get (Or: here you go to see exactly http://www.arma3.com/buy).

For me it was no question whether buying it or not. After a few hours I have to say it's buggy, of course. But it's a step forward from Arma 2 and I expect some really really cool mods by the community to come in the future which also made Arma 2 this great game it is.

Not yet I prob will, as I have all the others especially if they have improved inf controls as you say I really didn't like the feel of Arma and Arma 2 mo

cool thnx nedic, sounds like work in progress which is what an alpha should be but i think i may give it a try? will have to find some players to hook up with tho

i've bought it and even for an alpha the amount of polish on this game is incredible, for a bohemia interactive game lol.

steam names? mrtea01

Steam id: codenameshakal. Sam the inf ctrls feel really good mo, they made a good balance between arcade and simulation. Tends much to simulation ofc :)

Hey medic let me know if you still have the arma lite key still available, i may give it a try, just finding no time for anything but work atm...

Well Guild wars is crap, so i think i will get this when it arrives.
[video=youtube;Aiixi3prki4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aiixi3prki4[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread