Crysis 3

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
R

Rebirth

25 Jan 2013
So I decided to play some crysis 3 beta today, I must say the game looks great and the engine works smooth as fuck.
gotta admit, crytek did a wonderfull job on cryengine 3, which is soo much superior to cryengine 2.
It was actually the awesome engine that made Farcry 3 for me (along with the awesome story which was far to be found in Farcry 2).

Anyhow, I was wondering if any of you have tried it yet (the beta is free).

The only problem for me is the fact that my pc can barely run it at low settings while it can run bf3 smooth at high settings 0.o
And yes, the beta uses my gpu to the limit.

Ive played

Crysis
Crysis warhead
And Crysis 2

All bloody good games and graphics on crysis put some games to shame these days all excellent games and crysis 3 will be a definite
On crysis 2 if you just stop for 5 minutes at any point in the game the visuals are amazing
I'll have to down load the Beta

yeah agree with that game looks amazing & smooth as u like with everything on ultra, only problem is i keep getting my arse handed to me!!

What was the general feeling on crysis those that tried the beta? i found multiplayer really tough but may give it a go on the basis of doing the campaign to help me find my feet. I thought it looks amazing & feels like a really nice shooter but found it very difficult in multiplayer.

@Chip it is a very fast paced game in multiplayer mode you have to be alot quicker in it than BF3, play it for 30 minutes then go back to BF3 you'll see how slow BF3 is. Graphics in game are amazing even with a GTX 680 + 8core CPU it's not enough to have it on very high settings frames drop to 30 to 40 fps which makes a big difference when you play multiplayer (Online)... Just reached level 10 got red dot sight and hand grip + Silencer for assualt rifle..
As i say fast paced some times a little to fast so i rage quit :p
Plus ive come across some hackers already 1 or 2 bullets out of assualt rifles and your down like a sack of spuds.. :(
Also ive noticed i had the graphics settings set higher in the beta game but set them the same in the full game and fps was alot worse :( also running latest drivers 314.07 Nvidia

i'm sure the drivers will be out in a few weeks which will probably give your fps a boost. is it just set in a city that's been half reclaimed by nature? so no jungle or anything, just corridors?? the mp beta map i played suggested corridor action

i'm sure the drivers will be out in a few weeks which will probably give your fps a boost. is it just set in a city that's been half reclaimed by nature? so no jungle or anything, just corridors?? the mp beta map i played suggested corridor action

There is a very good mixture of maps all with open spaces corridors (Making your way through buildings) etc, also alot of vertical play jumping up building making your way over things (Graphics on some of these maps are just amazing)
But i do find that i can only play for short durations as i said very fast paced..
I got the hunter edition from Origin for £39 which i can say was worth it just for multiplayer aloan
Nearly all the maps ive played on are outside but as you've seen there all quiet small plus there capped at 16 players a side

ah right i guess capped at 16 is probably a good idea if the action is that fast paced. do you have the option to choose from multiple routes in SP? think that will probably be the deciding factor in whether i get it or not in the near future.

you paid £39?!?! i guess it doesn't matter if you have money to throw at EA :p but having said that i'm tempted to spend £35 to pre order sim city

The map layout is actually real smart and well done. It is indeed a fast paced game, but that is the kind of games i really like. I've played my share of halo and CoD back in the days and those were pretty fast paced too.
Also, I like to play tdm alot on bf3 as it is also fastpaced if you play it the right way ( rushing and ninja-ing the other teams ass, nothing is more fullfilling than flanking a team and to figure out how to kill them all without all 10 of them noticing you, which eventually leads to using all your bullets and picking up some dudes lmg real quick (which allways happen to have extended mags). but then again... rpging some nru cocks out of the chopper is pretty fullfilling too :D)

mmmm rebirth you may have just helped me with a decision, the thing i have been considering is the fast paced run & gun style involved, i like a game with a bit of strategy & enjoy nothing better than trying to defend a position in bf with the help of a good squad, something very sadly lacking in the one attempt at cod i have previously had.
I absolutely detest the cod style of play & whilst playing the crisis beta i was wondering if the syle would be for me?? i think you have helped confirm crysis 3 is not for me..

I absolutely detest the cod style of play & whilst playing the crisis beta i was wondering if the syle would be for me?? i think you have helped confirm crysis 3 is not for me..

same here. i hate if i have this gamestyle too. its so annoying if you are only some seconds alive, got shot, alive, dead, alive....ahh hate this. lol

i like to relax while playing around with some mates and not this hectic playstyle.

mmmm rebirth you may have just helped me with a decision, the thing i have been considering is the fast paced run & gun style involved, i like a game with a bit of strategy & enjoy nothing better than trying to defend a position in bf with the help of a good squad, something very sadly lacking in the one attempt at cod i have previously had.

Indeed crysis 3 is no good for you then.
I have allways used to be the lonewolf.
I don't like to play team based and often do what I think is best.
I do run and gun in alot of games, yet I do keep my head in the game. Allways checking every corner, trying to humiliate the camper in the worst way possible, flanking the enemy (team if teambased game).
I thought myself to be the sneaky bastard who allways ends up ruining your day :p And that is the gamestyle I've loved to play :p

I'm guessing something like ghost recon would be more suited for you then. It's more tactical and requires alot of patience (which I obviously lack :p)

same here. i hate if i have this gamestyle too. its so annoying if you are only some seconds alive, got shot, alive, dead, alive....ahh hate this. lol

i like to relax while playing around with some mates and not this hectic playstyle.

I'm born in chaos, I thrive in it.
Once made a friend sick who was just looking at my gameplay on the console (yes console!) I kept looking back and forth the whole time (I was jacked up on no less then 2 monsters) scanning for anything to kill. To me it seemed pretty normal at the time. I wondered how the fuck I could see anything after I looked my play back.

Last edited:
ok in view of all thats been discussed i bought................... guild wars 2, lol.

will let u know my thoughts in a week

Great ive just down loaded first patch for Crysis 3, and now it keeps crashing on multiplayer thanks EA it was fine before you cocks

Origin fails :( why will the cocks at EA not see this and just collaborate with steam...

They're too bigheaded i guess. With bf3 they were gonna go steam i guess but then resorted to have origin. awful with so many failing game platform softwares.
steam wasn't too celebrated either when it was new but many proove to be worse. gamersfirst, gfwl, origin..

biggest problem with steam and most of these imho is they get so integrated to the game it makes it impossible in many cases to sell games secondhand even if you own it. Took them years to come up with the trade deal.

They're too bigheaded i guess. With bf3 they were gonna go steam i guess but then resorted to have origin. awful with so many failing game platform softwares.
steam wasn't too celebrated either when it was new but many proove to be worse. gamersfirst, gfwl, origin..

biggest problem with steam and most of these imho is they get so integrated to the game it makes it impossible in many cases to sell games secondhand even if you own it. Took them years to come up with the trade deal.

hmm yes steam has had its issues. But I think it's safe to say they got their shit together.

Great ive just down loaded first patch for Crysis 3, and now it keeps crashing on multiplayer thanks EA it was fine before you cocks

Well i've just read some Forum posts on MyCrysis.com and everyone is having this problem it seems, plus people have lost there social 1 dog tags which they and me have unlocked it appears. There is some sort of shader problem or
Graphic driver issues which is causing the problem :mad:

Plus there are many more issues it's caused which i cannot be arsed to mention..

Users who are viewing this thread