Bf4 review

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
C

chip247

15 Mar 2012
Well seeing nobody else has bothered I will start this one off altho I haven't had lots of time in the game & haven't even played every map yet.

BF4 to me feels like the successor to BC2 which in my opinion is a good thing, this game is what BF3 should of been, graphically it is not that much different to BF3 but in gameplay it is much better & this is where I draw the comparisons to BC2. games are better balanced & the weapons feel much easier to use with so far no ridiculous recoil like some in bf3.
The maps are what will on the whole make or break the game & so far I have been impressed with one exception which I think will become the next metro 'operation locker' where its just one bottleneck after another, but on the whole there is a nice variation in the maps that bf3 never quite achieved.

I cant comment on how the game looks played on high settings but on low it looks ok nothing amazing but certainly adequate, I would be interested to hear how the guys with latest hardwear are finding it? However the game atm is very buggy as can be expected, with numerous crash issues which for me have sometimes required a forced restart of my pc & there are occasionally random artifacts inspite of the NVidia driver update but i'm sure dice will iron these out in the next few weeks. haven't yet had an opportunity to try any of the jets or commander mode but they are on my to do list.

Land vehicles seem much easier to take out but not sure about air vehicles? perhaps someone else can comment. I have also only played conquest mode so again feedback from others would be welcome but the soldier classes feel more considered & the recon actually feels a threat again after being totally useless in bf3.

So far so good from me, just looking forward to the game being more stable & having some admin ability in game

Agree.
Have tried playing with both low and high resolution, but in my case no noticeable difference.
Much lag and many crashes, positive to both maps and game modes.

hope to get the admin setup this weekend guys...

and sort out the

Example Message 1
Example Message 2
Example Message 1
Example Message 2
Example Message 1
Example Message 2
Example Message 1
Example Message 2
Example Message 1
Example Message 2
Example Message 1
Example Message 2
Example Message 1
Example Message 2
Example Message 1
Example Message 2
Example Message 1
Example Message 2
Example Message 1
Example Message 2
Example Message 1
Example Message 2
Example Message 1
Example Message 2
Example Message 1
Example Message 2
Example Message 1
Example Message 2
Example Message 1
Example Message 2
Example Message 1
Example Message 2

Nice review Chip.
Was going to buy today but read sooo many negative comments already online regarding crashes,bugs and instability from disgruntled gamers that I decided to keep my wonga in my wallet for now thanks very much EA/dice you fannies.

It infuriates me that they can release a game which clearly doesn't run as it should for gullible PC punters like us whereas console owners apparently have had liitle or no issues running BF4 at all.

I expect a game to run smooth with next to no issues from the get go when I fork out my hard earned dosh and already this has not filled me with any sense of confidence whatsoever.

'Wait for the new patches/drivers' I hear you say ... 'It'll improve once its fixed'..they shouldnt be launching the fucking game in its current state!!
It should work 100% off the shelf- end of story..and it doesnt,so fuck you EA and fuck you Dice.

Rant over...now back to t-bagging my bitches on BF2 which still works beautifully last time I checked.

Nice review Chip.
Was going to buy today but read sooo many negative comments already online regarding crashes,bugs and instability from disgruntled gamers that I decided to keep my wonga in my wallet for now thanks very much EA/dice you fannies.

It infuriates me that they can release a game which clearly doesn't run as it should for gullible PC punters like us whereas console owners apparently have had liitle or no issues running BF4 at all.

I expect a game to run smooth with next to no issues from the get go when I fork out my hard earned dosh and already this has not filled me with any sense of confidence whatsoever.

'Wait for the new patches/drivers' I hear you say ... 'It'll improve once its fixed'..they shouldnt be launching the fucking game in its current state!!
It should work 100% off the shelf- end of story..and it doesnt,so fuck you EA and fuck you Dice.

Rant over...now back to t-bagging my bitches on BF2 which still works beautifully last time I checked.

Fair comment and i do agree with you some what but games these days are far more complex than BF2 was and are evolving all the time so they need a bigger base for testing hence alpha's beta's etc but in the end it makes for a better game from customer feed back...

I have only played BF2 twice : / maybe
But played BFBC2 , BF3 and now BF4
I like the feel of BF4 is seems more reel than BF3

BF4 seems to have parts from all games rolled into one
The maps on BF4 feel like they have incorporated all expansion packs from BF3 Amoured kill, close quarters etc
As chip says weapons are alot better with less recoil ive just unlocked SG553 lovely weapon at the moment....
I can actually fly gets :???:
Seems to be more complex than BF3, alot more choices and options to get your soldier just the way you like, which is nice (But only through unlocks)
Had a few games now with a commander in team which makes a difference aswell...
BF4 needs alot more team work than BF3 ever did to succeed
But what makes it really fun is playing with friends ;) (but some of you may think im a complete cock but hey ho)

Last edited:
I can actually fly gets :???:

no, you can not. everytime i fly with you me first dieing in fear and after some seconds while crashing into the ground. lol cock.

however, i like it very much. best ist the 007 map with the big parabolic mirror in the middle. lovely map.

back to chips question about the airvehicles. i use stingers now and you can kill the with 1 or 2 hits. also well balanced.

I have to say that i disliked bf3 very hard
i skipped bfbc2 so i cant compare it to that

it doesnt really feel like bf3 and it doesnt really feel like bf2 but a bit of both good things of both i think at the moment

server and gamecrashes are ashame for dice ;) but as computerprogrammer i have to say that i can understand the issues they have

graphics on high are SOOOOO nice i love it it feels so nice when the storm begins on paracel storm :D

hm gameplay sometimes is a bit strange guys dont die or die on like first shot

helis and aircrafts are a lot cooler to play than in bf3 ;) just feels like bf2 again just BRILLIANT

all in all i have to say i like it still some bugs but hey patch will come was always the same with bf games they always neeeded patches after the start of the game :D

players are a lot camping at the moment ;) thats the biggest issue i have but its easy knifekills ;)

ok no biggest is gamecrashes and BATTLEPACKSHIT who invented this crap -.- most things are unimportant accesories for weapons but its the same shit like in F2P games and i payed a fucking lot of money for it
:ass:EA

its buggy the sound fading in and out has to be the worse bug ever lol. it is balanced and does feel like bc2 which i feel is good. It is what bf3 should have been and the maps are lush. Just got to wait another year so that they can write the game lol.

I agree with most comments, overall good effort by Dice BUT:

1) unstable/glitchy to the point of unplayable sometimes - future patches and new drivers should fix that. The rubberbanding and sudden crashes are really annoying...
2) some maps have a COD warning stamped on them IMHO - will avoid playing those
3) destruction a big let-down, not significantly more than previous versions as far as I've seen - good for campers...
4) soldier's movement more sluggish than BF3, feels like BFBC2 - don't like
5) drunk sniper aiming - but I may be one of few with that opinion

So, most of the problems will I guess be gone soon but some features will not so a good game but not what I was hoping for - too high expectations?

yeah ok mini... chip and pix i've set you two up to test let me know if it works same commands as bf3

Thanks Mac - tried the usual admin commands and it didn't work: "You do not have enough privileges" (or something like that). Tried the usual commands but all gave the same response...

Oh, forgot to mention - agree with Andy: what really makes BF4 fun is that it seems to attract more NRU members to the same server; that's Premium BF gaming! :)

Not a great fan of bf4 at moment.
as Pixi says, I find the movement very sluggish.
my major prob is with the defibs....I have to scroll down with mouse to use.
The button I designated for it which is "5" doesn't work.
Is it just me or is that the way for bf4.

played some really good rounds last night, finally enjoying a bf game again. really like the tank scrap yard map & flood zones pretty good just gotta be smarter than the camping cocks. weapons feel so much better than bf3.
It is buggy as fuck but new bf releases always have been so didn't expect anything else!

Another annoying thing is having to find random server to play as I don't have any privileges to get onto nru but that will be fixed in due course.

Although this game doesn't look so different to the last effort the gameplay is a million times better, if i'm honest had bf4 been as poor as bf3 I was ready to quit the bf series & go play pokemon!!!

Fuck ordered mine on the wrong origin account, now have to spend ages talking to those fuckwits at EA support chat

lol i forgot something the SOUNDBUG

is it only me or does it happen to you really often too that you suddenly dont hear your tank or car any more ;)

i found a way to fix it i thought (if you change the view with c often enough you hear your vehicle again :D) but bug comes back after 10 secs -.-

I think that's answered by Dice

Dice said:
Miscellaneous Audio Bugs
FIX UPCOMING
We are aware of the issues with missing/corrupted audio in multiplayer and have created a fix for them. This fix is planned for release in the next PC client patch

ouch sam that's gonna take a lot of time & effort, so far haven't had the sound bug too often... biggest gripe is the game crash

Users who are viewing this thread