Bf V Reveal

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
samoz83

samoz83

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
London, UK
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Be interesting to see system requirements and pricing if there is no premium and what effectively seemed to be an evolving game.

I did not like, way too fast paced and where's the flipping historical accuracy....
--- Post updated ---
All I really wanted was an update bf1942 :p
--- Post updated ---

Why does she have a cricket bat
--- Post updated ---
Why is it so colourful and what's with their uniforms why is there a cockney woman with weird face paint , i dont understand :'(

Reactions: lakaelo
I'm holding out for

That sound like some sort of hospital procedure!

It could be a bit like HardLine, using the BF1 engine with a different setting and some enhancements. Playing the beta with BF1 glasses on hopefully will give an indication of what it will be like.

This makes it sound better

m5tp9nvx9oz01.jpg

Reactions: AndrejBosnaBVB
Battlefield 5 new features and gameplay:

• WW2 multiplayer (France, Norway, Rotterdam, North African Desert at launch)

• Coop + Singleplayer

• Own Company of soldiers/vehicles

• No Premium Pass

• Fortifications in multiplayer (Vehicles and locations that you can build in a map, like foxholes, sandbags etc.)

• Every class can build basic shit, support is the builder class (only class that can build offensive shit)

• Attrition and Physical Interactions only. You no longer fully regen (stages), Everything you do in the game now requires an actual interaction. If you want to heal, you gotta walk up, press F and let your soldier pick it up.

• Ledge grab requires a key-press. No auto-spotting. No more 3D icons.

• Much less ammo for new spawns. (Attrition)

• Requires way more squad play, due to attrition (run out of HP/Ammo very easily)

• Revive in BF5 is not instant anymore, there's an animation now (low profile and can be cancelled at any time)

• Ragdoll are server-side and you can drag the persons' head, leg, w/e and revive them in cover.

• Any class can now revive your own squad (buddy-revive is WAY longer and doesn't revive to full HP)

• Being "dead" lets you look around 360 degrees and call for help (sticking hand out)

• Gunplay is COMPLETELY changed:

• No visual recoil, unique recoil for each gun that is learnable and counter-actable

• If your hand is on the trigger and you're facing forward you can ALWAYS shoot it. (one-handed vault over something, for example)

• BULLET PENETRATION! :O

• Movement completely overhauled. You can now dive left, back, right, etc. and you can stay on the ground and move + shoot (think Arma or Rainbow Six)

• No Dolphin dive (you can't shoot for a "long time" after diving)

• Crouch Sprint is IN

• 3rd person interacts with the environment (reeds will be knocked down, etc.)

• Throw back grenades (even catch them mid-flight and also shoot them to explode them earlier)

• You can tow things with vehicles (stationary AA-Guns, no longer stationary. And can also be used while driving)

• You can tow a field cannon with a tiger tank

• Destruction:

• Revamped and way more drawn out. Shell inside the building = doors and windows explode OUTWARDS

• If a tank drives through a building, the walls will crack and bend based on the tank, it won't just go through all the stages at once like in BF1

• Squads:

• HEAVILY focused on teamplay/squadplay

• New squad spawn system

• Squad deploy screen (before tactical map deploy screen) you get a nice fullscreen 3rd-person preview of what that squad mate is doing, so you can make better decisions on when to spawn on them

• Spawning on squad is quicker than tactical map screen

• If you're the last squad member you get a notification, so you can hide to get your squad revived faster

• Rewards for squad play are squad call ins, like squad-based point streak rewards, but ONLY squad lead can use those

• Example: Rockets, Supply Drops, Smoke Barrages, Heavy Weapon pickup (NOT HERO pickups), Squad-Only vehicles. (Flamethrower tank, Tiger tank)

• No behemoths or Hero classes

• Large explosions can knock you over

• 4 Classes will return!

• Create a soldier (then add them to your company, gender customization, etc.)

• HIGHLY customizable class archetypes, with skill-tree type system.

• Each archetype can specialize in something. For example assault: Anti-Infantry or Anti-Tank.

• You can get Exotic archetypes, like the Paratrooper Recon, who is short-range, stealthy who uses a silenced weapon and silent gadgets. (Also perks)

• You can change and add specialization trees, which are something like perks

• Similar system for guns.

• Each gun will have 5-7 elements, that are customizable that do NOT effect visual stuff. ONLY the specializations affect the stats

• Tank/Vehicles have the same system

• There are asymmetrical vehicle choices. For example Russians have weak tanks, but more. While the german team they're fighting against have stronger tanks, but less of them.

• New 64-Player mode "Grand Operations"

• Takes place over 4 fictional days. Each day is one full map and you always advance to the next day.

• Different objective PER DAY. First day you might attack from an airborne position, trying to pick up explosives to destroy artillery. Second day you might breakthrough like from BF1, sac and capture flags.

• Depending on how well you did the previous day, impacts the next day. If you only take out 1 artillery gun, there might be less respawns or less vehicles.

• Day 4 only has a potential to be played. 'Final Stand' game mode. You spawn in with 1 life, with significantly reduced resources (like 1 magazine), you gotta fight to the last man standing to win.

• The Grand Operations are super modular and EA can change stuff from day to day, like one day everyone spawns with 50% ammo, the next (real life) day, there's no tanks, etc.(edited)

• All the logic in the game can be controlled server-side. No need for big-patches, more hotfixes

• All new content will be free

• New progression arcs are called "Tides of War" with quest lines and unique cosmetics etc.

• Confirmed gamemodes: "Grand Operation", TDM, Conquest, Domination

• Takedown Animations

• Transport vehicles are live on the map

• Combat vehicles spawn from Tactical Maps
--- Post updated ---
I'm guessing no RCON/3rd party servers again...

But at least I'll be able to get back into a Spitfire

I did not like, way too fast paced and where's the flipping historical accuracy....
--- Post updated ---
All I really wanted was an update bf1942 :p
--- Post updated ---

Why does she have a cricket bat
--- Post updated ---
Why is it so colourful and what's with their uniforms why is there a cockney woman with weird face paint , i dont understand :'(

My thoughts too. Call me grumpy old git but with the specs required and the look of the game in the reveal I'm out, not buying/upgrading my PC for this reason. May have a look at Post Scrotum (or whatever it's called) later (y)

Mixture of excitement and trepidation I think for me. I love the new ideas, that you have so kindly listed for our benefit above (thank you Sam (y))
It does look like some sort of post-apocalyptic scenario though, rather than a representation of WWII warfare.

With the customization it's like they've borrowed ideas from Ubisoft titles like Division and Ghost Recon Wildlands. Except this doesn't really have any historical merit as far as I know, unless they're going for resistance fighters or some other guerrilla outfit.

Maybe they should have detached from any historical context and gone for a completely fictional world environment. What I see in the trailer wouldn't be out of place in a Mad Max style environment. Maybe a fictional post WWII world where nuclear weapons have been developed by both sides and used across the world...

Personally I would love the features listed to be incorporated into BF4, or another modern battleground scenario. That would be bloody awesome.

With standard being £54.99 and Deluxe at £69.99 and the difference being you get extra:

• 5 sets of Paratrooper Outfits
  • Deluxe Edition Special Assignments
  • 20 weekly Airlifts
Not sure that is worth the extra £15 for deluxe. At £55 for the standard and no premium required it seems reasonable pricing. Also not sure about pre-ordering without seeing what sort of hardware is needed.

Update: Hardware requirement is similar to BF1, on my current PC I'm getting about 60-70fps on medium and about 50 on high and it is playable.

Last edited:
Surprise you still discuss BF V ^^
Do we have a vote/counter, who will buy or not ?

Tonight we had 4 cocos on in BF1, ... go further must feel like rocket science for some of you ^^
Yeah, I also miss your nasty ingame comments...
Could be fun to have a "squad meeting" end of october :tbag:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 0
Maybe if it has the BF1 core then the new setting and changes to gameplay may make it a good game. Some of the new BF1 maps are good but there is still something off about the gameplay for me. I have played rounds trying to figure out what feels wrong for me but I don’t have a definitive answer. There feels less squad play in BF1 but 5 looks as though that is trying to make that an integral part of the play from what they have announced. Seeing real gameplay will be a better indicator. Also hopefully getting some beta time will help too.

I will buy it.

But also later, not a buggy & unready first month preorder development bullshit...

Full version, premium vip bullshit aprox 150 EUR Version.
If it runs stable somehow, I dont care ;-]

Will give 200 if they have zero tickets at supporthotline, but let me bet they will need mor than a halfe year for this ... ^^

Ok serious, I will follow the history, and see how new generations insult themeselves as cheaters e.g. hahaaa
To respond "skill is not a cheat" was so often priceless in the past ...

some new multiplayer videos with some nice new fact. i like that attack vehicle will not having unlimited ammo anymore. ;D

Seems they're putting battle royal in as well

Users who are viewing this thread