Bf 1 Your Pc Specs

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
That looks good! On Amazon a GTX970 is about £230. A GTX1060 is about the same price and looks as though it will be fine for BF1. May need to check the Christmas prezzie budget! :) CPU processors are also becoming more heat efficient but not really making huge speed increases as there used to be. GPUs have a stupid amount of processing power because the smaller manufacturing process means you can squeeze more processors on to the same sized chip and still be more power efficient.

No plans to go to 4K or change monitor for a while - happy with my super wide screen though a faster refresh rate and higher max frame rate would be nice. Pictures are what I'm seeing.

This video is interesting as it suggests that DX11 gives a better frame rate than DX12.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The next on shows low v ultra in the open beta.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Attachments

• IMG_1098.JPG
    IMG_1098.JPG
    887.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1097.JPG
    IMG_1097.JPG
    755.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1096.JPG
    IMG_1096.JPG
    891.2 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: 82juggernaut82
im off for 3 weeks :(
so no bf 1 till that time :/
maybe they fix some stuff

Reactions: lakaelo
had to problems to play the beta in low video settings, which where pretty good looking in my eyes.
so i decided to buy the game and played it yesterday for the first time.
still no lags in 64 players conquest maps except on one time for 2 minutes or so.

pc setup:
intel i5 3.33GHz
16 GB Ram
GTX 560ti

have to train more and get better weapons ( k/d of 0.5).
still don't know how to revive with 100%, sometimes it works and sometimes not.
tanks are really shit in bf1 :)

I'm running my old i5 2500
16 gb ram
Gtx 760
I'm getting 100% cpu usage but it seems A lot of people are getting that with powerful rigs. If anyone has an i7 3770k kick around let me know :)
--- Post updated ---
I forgot to mention the game runs and looks great on my rig. I need to optimise the game a bit more but it looks great
--- Post updated ---
Optimised the game this evening. The game runs great and looks damn good. I just need to work out how to aim with iron sights

3* 4K 24"
2x 1080 FE (SLI)
i7-6950X OC'd to 3.5 per core (I disabled hyper-threading which is 8 cores)

Might seem a bit extreme but I used to design aircraft weapons, missiles etc, needed the processing power to have my CAD software open 24/7 for real time rendering; else it would take hours. A pain when you're presenting to people like Lockheed Martin and Boening that want quick updates and changes in real time whilst being able to see real time drag.

Hyperthreading enables a virtual core per core as well as your standard four cores, I had this enable during my CAD working stages, although it's more for media, Photoshop etc rather than gaming. I find playing BF4 on max settings isn't really much of a difference IMO; I play on low settings anyway.

I only have the tri 4K setup just for BF4 =) Wanted to originally fly jets in tri 4k, now I use it as a legit cheat, I can almost see behind me!

At least in the attack helo I can see a decent amount well worth it IMO.

The 960 definitely won't take full max settings on BF1, but BF1 does have Vulkan support I think (which is a graphics API), so you're likely to get a bit more framerate on low settings if running Vullan rather then DX12, don't know never looked into it much.

I'm sitting on ultra getting 144+ fps :) not that there's a lot of difference in quality

Like my setup and samoz's; don't think having top of the range stuff is going to make it any better, along as you get 60FPS, you should be happy =)

Sorry if it looked like I was showing off ^^, just wanted to show the comparison that having insane tech doesn't make a huge difference, like Is till play on low settings, 4xMSAA etc.

Reactions: lakaelo
I think what I heard is DICE tested both Vulkan and DX12 and decided to only implement DX12 in BF1.

I would love to go for three screens but would need a lottery win so I could have a proper man cave. I have a widescreen monitor and the view does help particularly when getting comfy in a corner as you can see both entrances. However, at the suggestion of even another monitor I get "that" look of Mrs W.

I would love to go for three screens but would need a lottery win so I could have a proper man cave. I have a widescreen monitor and the view does help particularly when getting comfy in a corner as you can see both entrances. However, at the suggestion of even another monitor I get "that" look of Mrs W.

lol, you could always just build a secret basement with a staircase in the shed ^^

Reactions: glenwilson
lol, you could always just build a secret basement with a staircase in the shed ^^

Need a shed first but we have considered one of those below as an option. Cheaper than getting a loft conversion or extension built. The other would be raising the roof and adding an extra floor (we have a bungalow). That would require the sale of a few body organs or limbs though. :eek: The other option might be; "Mum, taste this. Oh, it was a poisonous mushroom!"

Forest Garden Melbury 44mm Log Cabin 13ft 1

Reactions: Robinlemon
Need a shed first but we have considered one of those below as an option. Cheaper than getting a loft conversion or extension built. The other would be raising the roof and adding an extra floor (we have a bungalow). That would require the sale of a few body organs or limbs though. :eek: The other option might be; "Mum, taste this. Oh, it was a poisonous mushroom!"

Forest Garden Melbury 44mm Log Cabin 13ft 1

hahah lol

Users who are viewing this thread