Advices to upgrade a computer needed !

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Re : Advices to upgrade a computer needed !

No but it makes moroccan cigarettes !

---UPDATE---
I've put new thermal paste on the GPU but no improving.
And I've noticed the black radiator, on the right side, is very hot for the little time using.
IMG 20141007 182450 994

In fact, it's a complete rebooting, not only a loss of display, with a blue screen.
And the MB is lighting the red VGA led, with a booting issue (solved with BIOS by selecting Windows Boot Manager, after replacing the GPU) ...

I have to try to install the GPU VBios update from Asus which improves stability ... LoL
Otherwise I think I will sell back this f#cking card, as I bought it, plus a falsified invoice !...

Last edited:
Hi Spliffy,

Normally to exit as a way for over heating protection. The 'radiator' are cooling ribs, just like in a boxer motor :). So it's by design that they get warm/hot as this is this place where it tries to release heat. It is quit normal that it's getting hot fast, one off the reasons that by default fans run harder at system start, and slow down when system is ready.

Br,
Rutger

guess you have a lot of temperatur points on your board to check? use the asus AI Suite where you can see the different temperatures.

run bf4 and put it back in the background with ALT-TAB and look how the temperatur process is. look also at the RAM temperatur. this can also manage to shut down your system.

next install GPU-Z GPU-Z - Download - CHIP to oversee you GPU. you can see how its working in progress. same as before. start bf4 so it have to do some work and go back with ALT-TAB to have a look at GPU-Z data. there you can see how it is working, temperature or fan issues.

at all use more the asus AI suite ( hope you installed that its part of your board software ) Motherboards - SABERTOOTH X79 - ASUS
you can also use the senor alarm so you get infos if fan or temperartures goes wrong.

OK waxxzer, so it's normal.

Laka : yes, it's full of sensors ! But I didn' found the one you have to put on your chair and sit down on it to have the gamer's temperature !...

I have installed GPU Tweaks, provided by Asus as well and AI Suite II, CPUID HWMonitor and Speedfan (the only one to say my CPU is at 129°C !) ... I guess I'm also surveyed by the NSA !...
But the hardest is to manage log files !...

This morning, I couldn't install the GPU VBIOS update ('this patch doesn't support this card') and the Geforce Experience update didn't want to be installed too.
The GPU has worked ~5 minutes again and the last recorded measures by GPU Tweaks, with BF4 running background, are :
- temp. : 65°C,
- use : 96%,
- voltage : 1200mV,
- fan duty : 69%,
- fan speed : 2340 rpm,
- GPU clock : 1137MHz,
- Memory clock : 7012MHz,
- Processor clock : 2274MHz,
- Memory usage : 1208MB,
- Power target status : 64%

---Breaking news---

I've just had a phone call from the seller (I've tried to call him this morning !). I'll meet him next friday and proposed me to swap with a Gigabyte GTX 770 still packaged !
Who would like to buy it for 180€ !?

Last edited:

That's not a cooling issue Steffos.

65°C ? Overheating !!?? Seriously !?

Re : Re: Advices to upgrade a computer needed !

The last log file, after BIOS updated, is showing a GPU temp at 45°C before crash !

Damn ! The seller swapped the 770 against a R9 280X ... Disappointed ...

I'm a loser !!!...

What sort of problems !? Harder than the GTX 770 !??...

Do you want me to buy the 780 !?? Who wants the R9 !??...

What are you saying samoz !? I can't hear you !!! Lol !
My most noisy fan is the CPU's watercooling one !

But it's a long card (~34cm) and there is just enough place to put it up, wires are so close around it !

Who loves the yellow !??
IMG 20141010 210356 105

Last edited:

Here is a complete review of this GPU, compared to GTX 770 and 780.
It's a colder GPU but with higher power consumption and noise ...

58746.png

Users who are viewing this thread