Xmas gifts

• Thread starter edgarsmelderis12
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
edgarsmelderis12

edgarsmelderis12

NRU Member
27 Dec 2018
Riga, Latvia
Ok, gents, heres the question: what is your xmas gifts to your wifes/gfs ?
Girls can say what whould they have as a gift also :)
Im feeling that only perfect gift would be the whole egypt but i cant do that atm :)
Thanks all for ideas.
Laka ๐Ÿ”, keep your nudes away, Its not a gift :D

• Yay
Reactions: Huilo_Ren_666
Laka ๐Ÿ”, keep your nudes away, Its not a gift :D
for sure it is. :)

oh for god sake...i am glad me and my wife are away from all this gift stuff for years now. so its easy, she is buying some shit and telling me "that i bought for me for xmas" and i am doing the same. we are really simple at this. (y) :giggle:

Mmm...๐Ÿค”
Do we have Christmas editions?

hm i will get for mine puzlles and some fancy chocolate, but thats because shes crazy about puzzles. We dont do big presents and such, usualy we have something we want during the year so we afford it to eachother over holidays

To be honest I would start thinking about this about 4 months ago! Might be an idea to start thinking about next year now! ๐Ÿ˜

Without knowing your other half it is difficult. If there is a limited budget then I would look at something they like doing and see if that gives any clues. If they write a lot a nice pen for example. If they paint or draw then some decent brushes or pencils. Something that they use a lot but wouldn't spend extra on themselves? Unless you know what perfume and stuff they use/like I would avoid that. Also avoid underwear as it will inevitably be what you like and not what she wants to wear. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Again if you know what she likes to wear then some better quality of the same sort.

If they have a favourite colour or likes dogs then things like socks, phone covers, and so on can be useful for small gifts. Avoid things that are a personal choice unless you absolutely know that they want a handbag by a certain designer and know the specific one. Simple but quality jewellery is an option - a nice chain (not with a collar!) or bracelet that can be worn anytime.

Hope that helps.

Difficult oneโ€ฆ๐Ÿ˜

Problem with my wife is that she rarely give me any clues re what she would like to get ๐Ÿ˜•. So, Iโ€™m going the safe route:

• Two books
  • A bowl made by a Danish designer she likes (it was 50% off otherwise no purchase ๐Ÿ˜„)
  • A kitchen utensil she actually wanted, a mandoline

I agree with Glenโ€™s tips and adding that a mix of safe bets with some surprise(s) may perhaps be welcomed ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿป

By absence of having a wife or girlfriend im gonna buy myself something this year. Thinking about a decent piston coffeemachine. So if someone has any suggestions feel free xp
I would consider a decent coffee bean grinder and an Aeropress for great fresh coffee. For an espresso type make sure they have enough pressure (15+bar) but would also consider getting a burr grinder. Using freshly ground beans makes a lot of difference to pre-ground coffee.

Amazon product ASIN B000GXZ2GS

Yeah for sure im gonma grind beans fresh, have already a small one but might buy a bigger one (lazy engineer, blame badmin)

Good tips everyone, especially Glen. I see lots of guys running around shopping centres and they are all so desperate, so don't worry. And I'm one of them. Knowing that we all want to kinda "shine" with gifts we give. But I personally don't even ask myself whether I like the gift I was given. I know that on the other side there is a person that racked her brain same as I did to make her happy and that is the best gift of all for me. Just the fact the person did not forget, no matter what she gave. And I believe this works both ways.

Gf been talking about a smart scale for quite some time. She aint fat, but she likes to controll her weight and fat and heartbeat and sleepand all the smart stuff nowadays. But imagine how I would like giving her a scale. (WHAT A JERK, TELLING HER SHE IS FAT BY GIVING HER A SCALE) So no, totally not this :D

I still don't have a gift, so I'm trying to find some now same as I do every year. It is part of a Christmas routine ๐Ÿ˜€ I always take my car and drive around stores until something comes to my mind. At the end it always does

For a smart scale I got a Withings one 10 years ago and it works great. Weight, BMI and fat content all of which I really hate to see plus you can set it up to tweet your weight too! Also have had a Withings Pulse activity tracker for 6 years and that is still working great. And also had the blood pressure monitor from them too (that has the old Apple connector) 7 years old. Blood pressure today was 131/88 which is high normal. They are Google/Apple compatible. Would def recommend.

Getting the perfect gift is like finding that unicorn but as long as there is thought behind it the choice will be good.

Reactions: Riot_co
I have three already wrapped plus the birthday is a few weeks away and have a few things for that. ๐Ÿ˜

You Know It Good Job GIF by Curious Pavel

• Yay
Reactions: Riot_co

Users who are viewing this thread