What is the capacity?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
As my mum no longer wanted her PC we have brought it back with us to see if it is useful for anything. I thought my old Dell laptop was slow but this Dell machine is impressively slow. I literally made a coffee and drank it before I had the sign-in prompt! I might try an SSD in it to see if that makes any differnce.

Anyway, there was this LaCie external hard drive for backups. I know it was quite expensive when I got it but wasn't sure what the size was. Have a guess at what the capacity is. The person closest won't get Christmas spoiled by naked pictures of me sent to them! 🤣

C5E8FA5D 170B 4296 9ABE 00888F48970D D24E0E89 8942 4692 ABB1 5F9226A49EC2 CB9099A3 96E5 40E8 BA49 CE149364CFA7

As my mum no longer wanted her PC we have brought it back with us to see if it is useful for anything. I thought my old Dell laptop was slow but this Dell machine is impressively slow. I literally made a coffee and drank it before I had the sign-in prompt! I might try an SSD in it to see if that makes any differnce.

Anyway, there was this LaCie external hard drive for backups. I know it was quite expensive when I got it but wasn't sure what the size was. Have a guess at what the capacity is. The person closest won't get Christmas spoiled by naked pictures of me sent to them! 🤣

View attachment 15304View attachment 15305View attachment 15306
i would try to sell it at ebay. guess some idiots a willing to pay some money for the "designer" badge.

• Haha
Reactions: Riot_co
Had a quick play with my Mum's PC. As it was it literally took 10 minutes to boot and even then doing anything was an absolute pain - was like there was a delay on everything. Checked everything, did updates, virus checks and so on nothing made a difference. So took the disk out and bunged in the cheap SSD I had. Installed Windows 10 (which was quite painless) - took about 10 minutes from a USB stick and it worked OK. About 25 seconds to a useable PC! Might use it as a back-up server with NAS attached to it but will need to do some tests first.

FD7C3131 BC6B 4DA1 9AA2 F7C50E0A9C29

Reactions: Riot_co

Users who are viewing this thread