Searching for a wildlife camera

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
We4re0ne

We4re0ne

Did I hear nuke?
NRU Member
19 Jun 2019
Germany
Can anyone recommend a good wildlife camera? We have something pooping in the garden all the time. Besides cats, now also something bigger, dog, wolf or neighbour. A wall of shame with pictures of the deed would look good placed by the road. But honestly, we're looking for one that takes decent pictures. Doesn't have to be 4k, solar isn't mandatory, app control only optional. Any recommendations?

Can anyone recommend a good wildlife camera? We have something pooping in the garden all the time. Besides cats, now also something bigger, dog, wolf or neighbour. A wall of shame with pictures of the deed would look good placed by the road. But honestly, we're looking for one that takes decent pictures. Doesn't have to be 4k, solar isn't mandatory, app control only optional. Any recommendations?
no clue. i am looking into this for years now. will always buy some of this cams but can´t decide wich one. reading the amazon reviews and get not clearer lol some cheap 50.- € cams looking ok maybe but than other user writing there are utter shit. i can only suggest, buy/try one from amazon and if its ok, fine. is it shit, also fine and sent it back.

What sort of poo and where is it? If it is quite small and watery it could be hedgehogs as they do it anywhere. Have had badgers in the garden but they didn't poo in it. Cats tend to do it bedding plant areas.

As for wildlife cameras the vid below might help. Don.t believe what most of them say about resolution.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Another option is something like a Blink outdoor camera. They come with a hub that stores the videos if you don't want to pay for the subscription. They are battery operated and those last 2 years 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣 (if you have all the functions switched off). On Prime day you can get them for about £40. Needs a wifi connection though.

Have skipped through the video a bit, looks interesting. I will try to get a full look today, as we try to get a solution soon. Otherwise it will end as laka with "looking for years" :D

We found one on sunday in the middle of the grass again. More on the larger and not-so-watery side. Really looks like a dog or something lager than a cat to me.

Well, I couldn't watch the video as it was taken down by the uploader (of course when I wanted to watch it), we have decided to give the Ceyomur CY95 a try. With its build in battery pack and solar panel we hope it lasts longer than the cheaper stuff with only four batteries.
I found an exact copy of that model with another name/brand on Amazon, but we hope that it does its job to find the pooping culprit.
It should be delivered tomorrow. I will share some night images if there are interesting ones in Todays View and maybe later write how it goes with that cam here.

Well, I couldn't watch the video as it was taken down by the uploader (of course when I wanted to watch it), we have decided to give the Ceyomur CY95 a try. With its build in battery pack and solar panel we hope it lasts longer than the cheaper stuff with only four batteries.
I found an exact copy of that model with another name/brand on Amazon, but we hope that it does its job to find the pooping culprit.
It should be delivered tomorrow. I will share some night images if there are interesting ones in Todays View and maybe later write how it goes with that cam here.
I know what you gonna find out :D

After a few weeks the batteries are still on 100% thanks to the solar panel. Besides the sensor for starting the recording sometimes seems relatively late (which might relate to some camera settings) it works good.

And finally we have evidence of one or the pooping culprit. Just when we moved the camera to another location yesterday after our holiday trip, we got a video from the middle of the night.

View attachment 20231031031354_VD_00127~2.mp4

Based on the look we think it's a really fat cat which only shows up at night. It's a wonder that it can even move.

Screenshot 20231031 1146053

After a few weeks the batteries are still on 100% thanks to the solar panel. Besides the sensor for starting the recording sometimes seems relatively late (which might relate to some camera settings) it works good.

And finally we have evidence of one or the pooping culprit. Just when we moved the camera to another location yesterday after our holiday trip, we got a video from the middle of the night.

View attachment 23492

Based on the look we think it's a really fat cat which only shows up at night. It's a wonder that it can even move.

View attachment 23494

It’s probably just really fluffy. Same as my parents cat. Beneath the fur, they’re quite tiny

Not sure that is all fur!
Fur sure. Same as me. I am not fat, its just fur.

workaholics fer sure GIF

Users who are viewing this thread