Problems with my new build.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
epoch1222

epoch1222

6 Jun 2012
Maine USA
Hello all, Im a friend of sweney, how unfortunate of me....lol. i recently just built a pc yey me. But i came to have some issues with it and cant seem to figure it out, here is my problem.
Just built my first pc. Everything went will. Installed windows 8.1, drivers and all the goods. Every thing works fine for a while.. Then i start to get BSOD with memory errors and what not. Try to format the hard drive, that works the first time. Redo everything just to happen again. Now! i cant even get the computer to boot from the cd rom drive to try and format again. It is just a never ending boot process. Some times it will try to do a automic repair, but then get a BSOD and doesnt give you time to read the error. Im at a loss.
Also, I had another HD that i tried to use. It had linux on it from years past. Had a heck of a time trying to format it, and ended up nuking it with dban. that too wont boot from cd rom drive.
SO the issue is...is my cd rom drive junk, hd junk, both, or something else wrong?
And also again, I did see an error 0x00000007k at one point.
Ive tried to do a Memtest but that will run for 13 hours and froze. Tried again just for it to do the same.
I think thats all.
My build

AMD A10-680k
Team Vulcon Memory 2x4 1660 at 1330 for the time being
MSI FM2-A85XA-g43/FM2-a55-g43 Mobo
MSI 7770 GPU
EVGA NEX750B PSU

So what does it actually show when you try and boot from CD drive? Have you tried booting with only the CD drive available in the boot list (i.e unplug the HD) just to see if it boots? Tried creating a bootable USB if you have another computer?

"0x00000007k"
You sure it ended in a K? I don't think I've ever seen one with a K

It will say hit any key to boot from cd and when you do sometimes it will bring up the windows logo like it worked but then reboot or it will just start all over again. I havnt tried unplugging the hd. I will try that. I dont have a usb stick thats large enough to try a boot from that. And the error code. Im pretty sure. But i also didnt have much time to get a good look. It restarted itself before i could read all of what was on the screen.

tried rebooting without he hd plugged in. starts as it should then a screen comes up. I would post a picture but i cant atm. anyways the screens shows

your pc needs to restart
please hold down the power button
error code 0x00000050
parameters:
0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFF8B
0x0000000000000001
0xFFFFF802C28C1244
0X000000000000000

Basically means page fault in a nonpaged area (basically the computer requested a page of memory in order to continue, and the page was not available)

Bug check 0x50 usually occurs after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM, be it main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM).Another common cause is the installation of a faulty system service.
Antivirus software can also trigger this error, as can a corrupted NTFS volume.

So try different sticks of single RAM

Can you boot into safe mode? (Pressing F8 while the computer starts)

Well m e ole mucker 1st thing I would do is check bios settings also try removing one of your sticks of ram as it sounds to me like you could have memory error.
also is your psu up to the job I have had issues in the past where a dodgy psu caused all sorts of errors actually fried 3 mobos before I figured out what it was !!

No go on safe mode. I dont have any other sticks of ram as this is my first build and my last pc was a laptop. I can try different slots with a single stick if thats what you mean. But would this cause the issue with not being able to format again?

- - - Updated - - -

Well m e ole mucker 1st thing I would do is check bios settings also try removing one of your sticks of ram as it sounds to me like you could have memory error.
also is your psu up to the job I have had issues in the past where a dodgy psu caused all sorts of errors actually fried 3 mobos before I figured out what it was !!

I would think that my psu is good enough. I could be wrong i guess. Ive only heard but good things about the one i chose.

So i took out a stick of ram and it started up. What does that mean? faulty stick? or could i have them in the wrong dimm slots..

Sorry yer meant like fnose said try one at a time in the main DIMM slot
Faulty stick, if you had them in the wrong slots the BIOS should warn you and it would just mean it's not running in dual/triple mode

so if you put what we think is the faulty one in does it screw up ? if so then it looks like you have an iffy one.

Check bios for memory settings, bios are not full proof and sometimes the automatic settings try to over voltage your ram or screw up the timings so make sure you manually set the memory settings for the ram that you have, then you know it is correct plus it will perform better

Yeah i put it back in and it fudged back up. The stick i took out is faulty. In my bios, i have it set on eco mode, which should make it correct. But i will try manually setting the bios at a later time to see if that helps it out. Thanks for the help guys, and I'll give an update soon. Good day

So fidgeted around with both sticks of ram and the bios and blah blah, came up with the same problem. So the conclusion is i got a faulty stick of ram. How? when everything ran fine for a while and then kaput

Users who are viewing this thread