port 3659 error

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
I give up! Open to any suggestions. This may be related to downloading BFH as it was only £5 and EA was having their off day.

I have so far:

• On the router made sure that all the ports for BF4 are open
  • On the PC also setup rules for the ports
  • Uninstalled BF4 and reinstalled.
  • Uninstalled PunkBuster, gone through the config file and deleted any references to it. Reinstalled it and added BF4 to the games.
  • Released and renewed IPCONFIG
  • Swore at it a lot.
  • Watched and read articles on the problem and tried most of what that they suggest which includes that above.
  • BFH still works!
  • Just trying BF3 (got to down load it though)

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: blugi21 and Riot_co
i had something like that some years back. did you tried stuff like that? sorry, its in german but in googletranslation age it should not be a problem. ;)

Reactions: glenwilson
Thanks. I will try that tomorrow. Looks like it is a bit more specific so will be worth a try.

Oh crap. I forgot about her! On the phone now, everything should be fixed in a few minutes. Pretty sure she can dial in , change what needs to be changed and I will be back playing.

• Haha
Reactions: Riot_co and dcyper
OK, tried the stuff that laka linked to - same result.

Can play Hardline, BF3 and most of the other BF4 servers I tried but not ours! BF3 is quite fun! :D

Cannot think or find anything else to try at this time. :unsure:

This is what I had done:

• Uninstalled PunkBuster, gone through the config file and deleted any references to it. Reinstalled it and added BF4 to the games.
  • Swore at it a lot.
  • Watched and read articles on the problem and tried most of what that they suggest which includes that above.
  • BFH still works!

Since doing all that have done
  • Powered off and on modem, router and switches
  • Played BF3, BF4 ( on other ranked servers without an issue) and BFH
  • Went through all the port forwarding set-ups that I could find. Most were either the same or very similar to what was already there.
  • Tried without any port forwarding set-up

What I will try today:

• Disable ethernet and connect direct via phone to see if that works as that may help to narrow where the issue is
  • Try and play over wifi, again to see if that makes any difference.
  • Maybe do a reset back to factory of the router.

This is what I had done:

• Swore at it a lot.
  • BFH still works!

Since doing all that have done
  • Powered off and on modem, router and switches
  • Played BF3, BF4 ( on other ranked servers without an issue) and BFH
  • Went through all the port forwarding set-ups that I could find. Most were either the same or very similar to what was already there.
  • Tried without any port forwarding set-up

What I will try today:

• Disable ethernet and connect direct via phone to see if that works as that may help to narrow where the issue is
  • Try and play over wifi, again to see if that makes any difference.
  • Maybe do a reset back to factory of the router.
have you tried to switch off any security stuff like firewall or windows defender?

i don´t get it anymore what i all tried over the weeks. but at the end i just had done a fresh windows install and all was fine again.

Was trying to think what I did that cured it but cannot think of anything that I hadn't done previously except leaving it switched off for 15 minutes. Cannot think why that would make any difference. Must have spent about 10 hours trying to fix it.

• Wow
Reactions: dcyper and Riot_co

Users who are viewing this thread