Pasta

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Was just making some ravioli (salmon and cream cheese filling) and with the leftover dough some tagliatelle. Took about 20 minutes to make (plus another 20 to clear up. Pasta dough was 200gms of 00 flour and 2 eggs. Filling was some salmon trimmings gently steamed and mixed with some cream cheese. Total cost is about 70p (probably about €0.70 at the moment).

IMG 1069 IMG 1070

Usually we have spargel and some melted butter as a sauce. Any flavoured sauce takes away the flavour from the ravioli.

Reactions: lakaelo
Culinary art at its best.
That’s gorgeous, Glen! (a.k.a. chef de cuisine and head cook) :)

Culinary art at its best.
That’s gorgeous, Glen! (a.k.a. chef de cuisine and head cook) :)

Thank you. :)

We try and make a lot of meals from scratch though there are some things like veggie pies that would take too long and not be as economical to do. Like brewing, it isn't always cheaper to cook from scratch ingredients but it is satisfying and tasty plus you can have it exactly like you want it. But often, like Sascha's sush, you can be proud of what you make and throughly enjoy it. One pot stews are very cheap to make and can use cheap vegetables. Though cheap they are satisfying and tasty.

When I was at school it was only girls that did "domestic science" (cooking) while us boys did woodwork and metalwork. Basic cooking skills should be in the school curriculum for all children if it isn't already.

Basic cooking skills should be in the school curriculum for all children if it isn't already.

yes, you are right with that. i can say that this is real here in germany. my boy have this in school for some years now. this called "Gesellschaft und Soziales GUS". how the name said its not only about cooking also social life, energy saving, economy and so on.

Obviously been a little while since I was at school but that a general life skills course like that seems to make sense. Some of my friends have science degrees and are very intelligent yet when it comes to some basic skills they are so thick it is unbelievable. Some even managed to get married and have kids which does baffle me and a lot of other folk. Put a physics problem in front of them and they are fine but put them in a social situation and :eek:
--- Post updated ---
Here is the cooked ravioli. The tagliatelle was a little bit too thick so should have put it through the machine on the next thickness. Tasted great though.
IMG 2216

Users who are viewing this thread