Outlook problem :(

• Thread starter General_Misery
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
General_Misery

General_Misery

NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Halmstad - Sweden
Recently bought a legit copy MS Office Pro Plus 2021 for 17 Euros (!) i.e. a one-off payment but have a problem with getting Outlook to work: can send emails but not receive any :(

I'm using the same mail server settings (as provided by our ISP) as with my previous email client i.e. Thunderbird and the ISP support suggested a re-install of Outlook which I did to no avail.

Any tech guru here with any tips?

Thanks.

Mary is unable to help as she has the virus. Given how good she is with computers and generally helpful she has been spreading it to make sure nobody misses out!

Outlook can be an absolute shite at times. Have had it for ages and it worked fine and then suddenly no emails for one account. Ended up deleting the acoount and setting it up again. The other thing to check for is that it isn't limiting functionality. Also had that too when it suddenly thought it hadn't been registered and was all uppity for a while.

Reactions: General_Misery
@glenwilson: ”limiting functionality” like what?
@edgarsmelderis12: don’t even get spam…

Thanks both of you 👍🏻🙂

Do you have a firewall installed?

Basically it reverts to a unregistered version where it says look how pretty I look, what you want to do something? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 You still here? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Used to use it on phone and iPad. Except it would sync contacts. Which is a good thing. Except it would make new ones each tine. I literally had a 1,000 versions of each contact.

If you paid for it maybe let customer support do their job and ask them ? But dont allow remote access they steal "private" videos :D

Reactions: General_Misery
Yes, the Windows 11 built-in.
Do you receive mails when FW is switched off?

So you got all the specs from your provider for your outlook version ? You used those from thunderbird... perhaps outlook needs another config.

What error message does it give when syncing?
Only a generic one stating that it can’t sync 🫤

What error message does it give when syncing?
Ooops
Do you receive mails when FW is switched off?

So you got all the specs from your provider for your outlook version ? You used those from thunderbird... perhaps outlook needs another config.

FW: haven’t tried yet, will do.
Specs: yes and works fine with TB

Had a long chat with MS support and a number of possible solutions tested but no luck. Next step is a chat with a ”Outlook engineer” 🤞🏻

Thanks for the comments 🙏🏻👍🏻

Reactions: dcyper
Did you try to install office?

Lol...

I quote: recently "bought" a legit copy MS Office Pro Plus 2021 for 17 Euros (!) i.e. a one-off payment but have a problem with getting Outlook to work: can send emails but not receive any :(

Users who are viewing this thread