[NSFW] Our worst meals we've ever "cooked".

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Akhara

Akhara

No-hand-Cock
NRU Member
14 Feb 2021
Mannheim, Deutschland
Even though I see that you are all great chefs, I want to see the meals you have messed up !
I'll start :

Potatoes with bacon. And I thought, "What if I add tomato sauce and some cheese ?
View attachment 18713

View attachment 18714

Spoiler: it wasn't very good

I usually don’t take pictures of the stuff I mess up 😂

That said, I may have gotten mixed up salt and sugar a few weeks ago when I made dessert…..

glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Most failures unfortunately are destined not to have the paise that they deserve. Potato and bacon plus cheese and tomato above seems a perfectly reasonable combination.

I don't think my mum has forgiven me for using a "cake" she made as a door stop for a few months before realise what I was using to keep a door from shutting!

My first few creme brûlées were a "little" scrambled. Yes the salt/sugar swap has interesting results. The other is when you see some 3⭐️chef say you must never use x and y together and consider it a challenge and discover that they may actually know something. 😆

Tend to not make too many mistakes now as have found decent recipies that work for me but will bear it in mind when something goes wrong. Trying a cherry cafoutis later so will see how that turns out!

RIZLOID

RIZLOID

EL Claymortarer
NRU Member
10 Oct 2012
London
Never been any good at cooking as it needs timing and multitasking and Im rubbish at both.
Example: I make great toast and I make great tea, but if Im doing both there is a great chance the tea will stew or the toast will burn or both :ROFLMAO:

lakaelo

lakaelo

NRU Heed
Even though I see that you are all great chefs, I want to see the meals you have messed up !
I'll start :

Potatoes with bacon. And I thought, "What if I add tomato sauce and some cheese ?
View attachment 18713

View attachment 18714

Spoiler: it wasn't very good
at least you can see, what you have done wrong. ;)
wrong potatoes, this looks like that are not firm cooking potatoes and faaaar too little heat.

mostly forgot to make pics of the messed up meals. but guess there will be some coming lol

Users who are viewing this thread