Nvidia Shadow play

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
AndyS40

AndyS40

22 Aug 2012
Staffordshire (UK)
www.flickr.com
Nvidia Shadow Play

So has anybody tried this yet!
Did a small video tonight and the quality seems really good compared to fraps
Had it set at 1080p 60fps and didn't get any pixelating or quality loss like you do with fraps....
I do have fraps maxed out on settings as well

Settings for Shadow Play
Quality 1080p 60fps
Record mode set to manual
In game sound only
Think max video 1.9GB

is there a performance hit when recording? i know fraps can kill fps if you try and record, i guess if it's from nvidia it means the gpu is doing the encoding of the video and not much from the cpu?

Basically yer, it uses a dedicated frame capture API (Frame Buffer Capture provides the lowest overhead of the two new modes of capture) instead of just framebuffer capturing which gives a massive fps hit and uses the on board H.264 encoding to compress in real time which speeds things up.

I was saying yer to the " i guess if it's from nvidia it means the gpu is doing the encoding of the video and not much from the cpu?" if anyone got confused :p

Well it's not no, it's more yes but a massive lot less than fraps :)

I was saying yer to the " i guess if it's from nvidia it means the gpu is doing the encoding of the video and not much from the cpu?" if anyone got confused :p

Well it's not no, it's more yes but a massive lot less than fraps :)

no, its a NO because your answer is from the theoretical position right but if you use it you don´t feel/see any performance losses. :joker:

its absolutely brilliant, you swtched it on and can play. nothing what influence your gameplay.

Users who are viewing this thread