New gaming eeuuh office monitor

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What new monitor to buy

• MSI Optix MPG341CQR

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LG UltraGear 34GN850-B

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • AOC CU34G2X/BK

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU-B1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
The_Hellr1der

The_Hellr1der

Badmin deluxe
NRU Member
6 Nov 2020
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
As some of you might already know (discord talk :p) is that I am looking into getting myself a new fancy monitor. Currently rocking a Philips 27" 4k as main monitor and a HP 24" 1080p as 2nd monitor. With all the working form home the trusty HP is getting a bit dim, so the Philips will become my new 2nd monitor meaning I need a new toy. See below for the options I currently have in mind, if any of you have any good ideas more, feel free to put them in the comments :)

Min. requirements:
  • 34-35 inch ultrawide
  • 1440p
  • 100Hz+
  • Max price €900 (will get some tax reduction via my company ;) )
  • Availlable for purchase in The Netherlands
Modelspec overview:

Last edited:
Had a Iiyama in 2010 and it flickered like hell. Was ok for surfing and presented it to my father.

Impossible to play shooters with it.

But that is waaaaaaaay back in time ;)

among the choices you proposed I would get for the AOC CU34G2X/BK (cheaper, amd freesync, however a lower brightness than the MSI optix)

but doing some research I propose you the Asus 34" LED - TUF VG34VQL1B

I added it to the comparator but what would make me choose this is :
  • brightness : 550cd/m²
  • HDR10 + vesa displayHDR 400
  • AMD Freesync premium
  • 165 Hz
  • cheaper than the MSI and looks better (604€ on tweakers.net)

Reactions: The_Hellr1der
IPS should have a wider colour gamut and better viewing angles (worse contrast ratio normally vs VA so that's a downside). I don't know if it's still the case but from previous VA monitors I've had suffer from ghosting, this may have just been my bad luck :LOL:

Tho what Leandre posted is pretty nice, seems to get brighter than the others and the price is much nicer :ROFLMAO: I might switch my vote

Rtings seem to like it ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B Review (they think it's pretty good at HDR which is a surprise as most monitors aren't great)

Edit: I changed my vote

Reactions: The_Hellr1der
My LG superwide is surprisingly old now but the colour and brightness is still very good. I have been calibrating the colour and setting regularly since I got it and it hardly ever changes at all.

Voted for LG because it's IPS and because I'm also planning to get two LG screens soon :D

I have the Alienware aw3420dw. I had the LG one. Of the two, I wholeheartedly recommend the AW.

@Skybreeder , just looked into them and its gonna be a bit too expensive for me now (1000euro+ for a 34inch ultrawide)

It looks like an almost tie between the LG and th ASUS one, interesting :D

@Skybreeder , just looked into them and its gonna be a bit too expensive for me now (1000euro+ for a 34inch ultrawide)

It looks like an almost tie between the LG and th ASUS one, interesting :D

Flip a coin and then buy the one on the side you wish the coin landed on, not the one the coin actually lands on ;)

If you had to choose between ASUS and LG, I'd go with LG. Brilliant monitor.

My second monitor is an old asus from my wife and its also pretty good. Think specs are more important :D

Classic ask for everybodies opinion thingies :D

To mess it up I would suggest the MSI one.

Anyone who has reflections on this one?

Asus ROG Swift PG329Q​

Users who are viewing this thread