Neighbours Asus i5 Laptop

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Our neighbour got an Asus i5 laptop and was desperate for us to get back home so I could set it up as they were having trouble.

What an absolute pile of 💩 Laptop looks Ok but the sales folk saw them coming. To get the deal they got they had to also buy Microsoft 365 Personal, McAfee LiveSafe & Cloud backup.

They tried setting up Office but couldn't because it kept on saying they already had an Office 365 account active! Anyway, they wanted the paid one activated. What TF is with the choose the number of the sound that is an animal thing? 7 times you have to listen to three stupid sounds and enter the number of the sound that was the animal. You have to wait for the three sounds to play before making your choice even if it was the first sound. After 4 attempts at that it eventually said howabout picking one of the pictures that has the same image in it twice. That worked. Then the we have sent you a message with a code to verify. That never appeared. Tried it and it was already active without the verification code!!!! 🤬

Wouldn't use McAfee but they wanted it as they paid for it.

Then the cloud storage thing installed and was OK but has a renewable subscription that auto renews. You can cancel that at anytime but it cancels the whole thing with no refund. You can only cancel that within 30 days of the renewal.

Does make you wonder how many people buy these things and never get past the set up.

Rant over.

Our neighbour got an Asus i5 laptop and was desperate for us to get back home so I could set it up as they were having trouble.

What an absolute pile of 💩 Laptop looks Ok but the sales folk saw them coming. To get the deal they got they had to also buy Microsoft 365 Personal, McAfee LiveSafe & Cloud backup.

They tried setting up Office but couldn't because it kept on saying they already had an Office 365 account active! Anyway, they wanted the paid one activated. What TF is with the choose the number of the sound that is an animal thing? 7 times you have to listen to three stupid sounds and enter the number of the sound that was the animal. You have to wait for the three sounds to play before making your choice even if it was the first sound. After 4 attempts at that it eventually said howabout picking one of the pictures that has the same image in it twice. That worked. Then the we have sent you a message with a code to verify. That never appeared. Tried it and it was already active without the verification code!!!! 🤬

Wouldn't use McAfee but they wanted it as they paid for it.

Then the cloud storage thing installed and was OK but has a renewable subscription that auto renews. You can cancel that at anytime but it cancels the whole thing with no refund. You can only cancel that within 30 days of the renewal.

Does make you wonder how many people buy these things and never get past the set up.

Rant over.
Your own fault.... ask @Marys_PC_Service next time.... she knows how to activate Office without animal sounds. She is good with computers... 💩💩💩

Where they got it from, Currys, is the least professional and worst place to buy anything other than a fridge that you can imagine. For stuff like fridges and freezers there is not a lot of choice as to where to go. At lunchtime when I was working, if we were bored, we had a raffle as to who went to what department to "buy" something. Departments were cameras, PC, TV, Household appliance (which was split into sub groups if enough people were playing). Person who managed to waste the most time before giving up won. In the end it was too easy to last the 50 minutes.

Some staff are OK but most are examples of Dunning-Kruger. Too many are just rude and obnoxious.

Currys does not get very good reviews. 1.5 ⭐️ out of 5.

As for St. Mary, I asked my Mum why she hadn't fixed her broken iPad cable charging socket. Couldn't apparently and my "thought she was good with computers" was greeted with a blank stare. Had to explain why I said it. Was a nice, quiet afternoon after that!

Fire Plotting GIF by Studio Redfrog

Users who are viewing this thread