need help / work around for win 8

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sweney

Sweney

NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Maine
hi guys i try to go to the windows store to update to win 8.1 but it says my resolution is too low im running on a 720 monitor and it needs 768 in order to work. curious if any of u have a work around for it that cold help me in this situation. all i really want to do in the store is update my version of in 8 any help is appreciated

Wait metro store needs at least 1024 x 768? Your monitor doesn't do over that res?

im on a 720p television connected via hdmi when i go for a higher res i get a blackscreen and cant see anything.

Last edited:
no it wont let me ive read about a registry workaround but i didnt want to try that before i checked with u guys on here

- - - Updated - - -

like i said all i want is to use the store to update to 8.1 then i wont be in the store ever gain lol

- - - Updated - - -

actually i might just conect it to the 51inch plasma we have in the living room and download it that way, i dont use the metro features in win 8

Apart from finding an iso and reinstalling 8.1 instead of 8 that's probably the best idea to connect it to the other screen

hi sam just curious im plugged into my 720 p tv via hdmi would it make a difference if u used the Vga cable i have and selected the pc mode on the tv?

It depends on the model, each has different modes it can display by different inputs, should be in the manual :)

holy shit that microsoft got this idea that you need a 1080p desctop to get in the shop :D so im happy to have my new desctop ;) otherwise i would have the same problem

Because it makes life a lot easier for developers, and nearly all monitors can do that resolution

Because it makes life a lot easier for developers, and nearly all monitors can do that resolution

i know sam ;)

but the emphasis i on "nearly". i think its a bit stupid you plugin your screen and the OS is saying NOPE like in sweneys case. its a bit like the opposite it should be in my eyes.

however, i run well with my win7 and i guess i will look at win9 at the earliest.

i want to live in that world where developers can choose the easy solutions ;)

just NO microsoft NO NO NO

i know sam ;)

but the emphasis i on "nearly". i think its a bit stupid you plugin your screen and the OS is saying NOPE like in sweneys case. its a bit like the opposite it should be in my eyes.

however, i run well with my win7 and i guess i will look at win9 at the earliest.
To be fair this is the first ever time I've heard of one not being able to do that res :p weird

This tv is old. Its set to its native resolution if that means anything :) I just need a 32 inch 1080 tv/monitor now :)

i know sam ;)

same same here. heard only good news about win9. hopefully it gets out beginning of 2015 (when germany is world soccer champion since half a year.) :)

Users who are viewing this thread