My new purchase :)

ulthart

NRU Member
13 Aug 2012
Poland
Hello all. Crazy for old age and I bought such a thing.
Maybe it's a midlife crisis? Anyway, as someone would need a kidney you can already write :)

ulthart

NRU Member
13 Aug 2012
Poland
Odp: Re : My new purchase :)

Is that your first bike ulthart ?

No, it is not my first. Once I had a Honda CBR 900 but I had an accident on it. Now again I was tempted to feel the freedom :) I hope that this time common sense will win and I will be able to enjoy it longer;)

RIZLOID

EL Gringo
NRU Member
10 Oct 2012
London
I too have a mistress who will be 20 years old in november. Spent a fortune on the pretty things for her all her life ( I think the wife suspects ) and in return she still takes my breath away, and if I ask her nicely she will still do 150 mph.
Oh by the way my mistress is a honda cbr 600.
So Ulthart you look after yours and she will look after you and bear in mind all cars out there are trying to get you. ( R6....nice mistress ).

ulthart

NRU Member
13 Aug 2012
Poland
Odp: Re: My new purchase :)

I too have a mistress who will be 20 years old in november. Spent a fortune on the pretty things for her all her life ( I think the wife suspects ) and in return she still takes my breath away, and if I ask her nicely she will still do 150 mph.
Oh by the way my mistress is a honda cbr 600.
So Ulthart you look after yours and she will look after you and bear in mind all cars out there are trying to get you. ( R6....nice mistress ).

I see the understand perfectly :) motorcycle is not a whim, a motorcycle is a lifestyle. I had to choose Yamaha R1 yet, but I found that R6 enough. I greet and wish you a nice trip on your lover :)
Ps. Give some photos of your mistress CBR :)

Spliffy33

21 Sep 2013
Bordeaux, FR
Re : My new purchase :)

What kind of accident ? Over-power-noobie-solo-mode ? Car-helped ? Alcoholized-crossing-tree ? ...

That's the way I love and live bikes :
1005128jr.jpg photo11er.jpg p1050246yr.jpg
only crashing below 20 km/h (four times whose 2 stop standing !)

Last edited:

ulthart

NRU Member
13 Aug 2012
Poland
Odp: My new purchase :)

Over-power-newbie-solo-mode :) Trying to beat the record on one wheel and grinding the street. The young man was and stupid :)

RIZLOID

EL Gringo
NRU Member
10 Oct 2012
London
IMG_0156[1].jpg
This picture doesnt do it justice but this is the mistress I have been abusing for 20 years ( 20 years next month ).

glenwilson

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Only been on a bike a couple of times (as a passenger). Both times scared me enough to be a few pounds lighter at the end of the ride! I can see the appeal though as you can have super car performance for a fraction of the price.

ulthart

NRU Member
13 Aug 2012
Poland
Odp: Re: My new purchase :)

Only been on a bike a couple of times (as a passenger). Both times scared me enough to be a few pounds lighter at the end of the ride! I can see the appeal though as you can have super car performance for a fraction of the price.

For a super car with such performance rather never be me stand, the bike is much cheaper and also gives enough adrenaline :)

RIZLOID

EL Gringo
NRU Member
10 Oct 2012
London
Always been addicted to speed both bike and car, you cant beat the rush of a screaming engine and the road being gobbled up under your front wheel. I dont use the bike as much as I used to, only to work and back if it is dry. Journey to work on a bus 2 hours on the train 1 hour on the bike 20 mins. Dont do any of that silly sh!t like wheelies any more (not intentionally anyway). For her birthday (bike) she is getting a nice new pair of sticky shoes front and back.
I do feel sorry for the wife as she knows she always comes second :cool:

Spliffy33

21 Sep 2013
Bordeaux, FR
Re : My new purchase :)

Speed with a car is very pathetic when you know speed with a bike, especially on road !
I just feel like in a bulldozer when I'm in a fast car : too heavy and too big for roads and pedestrians and need to burn a lot of fuel to get speed !
In a corner : on a bike, your body goes in the same direction as the corner. In a car, physics laws bring you to the opposite side ! So uncomfortable !...

A bike is fairer, maybe the last natural selector after Ebola, AIDS, ...
A car is a good weapon in France : only 2 or 3 years in jail if you kill someone while you, drunk, were racing on road !

RIZLOID, what brand of shoes ? I only use Dunlop since 10 years, having all the models (D205, D207, D208, Qualifier I & II, RS I). Now I have RS II !

Wheelies are for pro (My Sportbike Playground - Motorbike Action - YouTube), who are using bigger rear transmission crowns : so difficult with the genuine one !
It's hard enough to stay on 2 wheels and that's what we, my wife and I, love to do with 2 wheels :
[video=youtube;GfWq4BiwzSQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfWq4BiwzSQ[/video]

I'm going to buy sliders for my middle age crisis !

fucoffhackers

NRU Member
4 Aug 2012
Notice my avatar , big bike fan myself . well done you guys and take it easy ....btw that is me in the picture , I used to race them too ....awesome . sold my last one 8 yrs ago just before the little uns arrived . Honestly, don't really miss it on the roads , I am more into shooting now and definitely not fit enough to race. atb, rich.