MS Office alternative - free

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
General_Misery

General_Misery

NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Halmstad - Sweden
This may be common knowledge but I had a look at my various software after getting my new pc and decided to ditch my copy of MS Office 2008 (!) and try a free and modern alternative. I've now used LibreOffice for about a month and must say I like it! Especially since I don't want to pay Micro$oft > 90 Euro every year for something (MS Office 360) I don't use that often.

Edit: found a cheap MS Office alternative after some Googling - MS Office 2021 Professional Plus (no subscription fee) for 35 Euro - not bad if one prefer the MS suite.

Last edited:
Reactions: lakaelo and Riot_co
I used libre office on my Linux pc and it's quite good indeed. Altho I now use ms because I get it for free with my school account

Reactions: Riot_co
I use open office, and it serves fine for basic text manipulation.

I used it a year or two ago and it was very good and easy to work with. The only downfall was it uses its own file system and can be a pain to convert, like jpegs and photos so you have to go through
another process to convert. I dont have it now.

This may be common knowledge but I had a look at my various software after getting my new pc and decided to ditch my copy of MS Office 2008 (!) and try a free and modern alternative. I've now used LibreOffice for about a month and must say I like it! Especially since I don't want to pay Micro$oft > 90 Euro every year for something (MS Office 360) I don't use that often.

Edit: found a cheap MS Office alternative after some Googling - MS Office 2021 Professional Plus (no subscription fee) for 35 Euro - not bad if one prefer the MS suite.

true. also working with libreoffice on some of my pc´s for years now. but some excel sheed having different colors and/or markings when you work with MS excel and the LO excel. so i still work with MS office on the PC where i also have to work with company files. in this case the 35.- € MS office plus from ebay is a really good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread