Merry Christmas To You All

• Thread starter Lady_Musketeer_GER
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Lady_Musketeer_GER

Lady_Musketeer_GER

Friend of the NRU
2 May 2012
And so this is Christmas... towns and cities abound with glistening windows and shiny red ribbons; twinkling lights illuminate unexpected places and bounce off sparkling trees.
Apart from the lights, Christmas is also a time of reflection and it may provoke memories of Christmases in the recent and distant past.
In my opinion it is no coincidence that Charles Dickens in "A Christmas Carol" chose Yuletide as the appropriate time for Ebenezer Scrooge to reflect on his life. Dickens sought to convey that, generally speaking, it is the spirit of love and sharing which bring joy and bliss to our lives.

While Christmas in earlier years used to be full of delight and celebration, the world nowadays is not exempt from sorrow during this season. Frankly, my family had its fair share of grief this year and so had some of you.
Thus, many of us experience intensified ache as memories flood our minds. Perhaps the memory is of a loved one passed away. Dejection doesn’t stop lurking and disease doesn’t stop waging its war.
And yet... if 2020 has taught us anything, it’s how much the people in our lives mean to us - so let's go ahead and spread some happiness where we can. Let's reach out to all those who made our lives brighter this year. Let them know that we are thinking of them and caring for them.

In the spirit of this special time of year, be gentle with yourself and those around you.
It's with all my heart that I wish you and your families happiness, inner warmth and love for the festive season.
Merry Christmas to you all!

Santa is nearly knocking on the door...so merry christmas to all. 🎅🎅

Christmas Eve Running GIF by MOODMAN

Definitely extraordinary times from which there doesn't seem to be an end to at the moment. However, you lot never fail to shine a light even during the darkest of times and make us smile when there is often little to smile about.

Hope you all have a great Christmas if you celebrate it and if you don't hope you have a great time anyway, stay safe and keep well.

Kevin Hart Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Lovely and funny song in Dutch, but found the traduction in English.

Enjoy the time of year, hope with your loved ones close to you.
Be safe and stay healthy.

Merry Christmas to you all!
That song linked to this album on Aapple Music.

Got this far in before the Mrs realised it wasn't in English! (4th song)

5802D5BA EB7A 4042 98CC F8490D086366

• Haha
Reactions: Riot_co and dcyper
Merry Xmas Manuela, all good for you ;)
Thank you very much, Grześ, the same to you!
It's really nice to hear from you after such a long time.
I wish you an extra share of everything that makes you happy. :)

• Love
Reactions: ulthart and Riot_co

Users who are viewing this thread