Malta

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Belgobrine

Belgobrine

7 Mar 2021
Boussu, Belgique
Hey everyone.
I was wondering if any of you had already travelled to Malta (and it's second island, Gozo)?
I'm going on vacation on Gozo next month with a friend, in a rented house in Victoria and I would like to know if anyone has some advice on the best ways to travel inside the country.
My friend and I don't know yet if we want to rent a car there, or if the public transportation system is good enough.

71a8b3f2-8728-4463-91bb-ec2a26569087.jpeg

Thank you for your advice :)

Went there 1985 so it may have changed since then. Really lovely place and would love to go there again as we would appreciate it even more knowing more about the history. The main thing I remember was that the hotel we stayed in made tea and coffee with salt water! 🤮

We hired a car (a Mini - a proper one) wound down the window and the top half of the door fell off. When you got to a roundabout, if you were first there you could choose which way around it that you wanted! The buses then were old but inexpensive. Might have changed since then.

Hope you enjoy your holiday.

• Love
Reactions: Belgobrine
I have been there many times and I do like it, it would be even nicer if they had not discovered concrete. Things to do, visit Valletta which is totally different from the rest of it, go swim in the
blue lagoon, went with a maltese family friend who has a speed boat but they have organized boat trips. Gozo is less developed than the rest and small Comino.
They have the weirdest buildings, very narrow and very high and good luck with finding sandy beaches, there's very few. Hire a car, they still have the 1950s buses (tourist attraction) and they bought the London bendy buses.
Enjoy it as it is an experience (y)

Users who are viewing this thread