Japanese whisky

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
The Mrs would like to try a Japanese whisky so was going to get her one for her birthday.

Just wondering if anyone had tried any and had any suggestions. I have looked but there seems to be quite a choice. Have read up on it too but still feel unsure what to get. For scotch she prefers lowland, less peaty and those matured in newer barrels.

That stuff is really expensive and more of a trendy drink. Save your money and buy a nice single malt scotch instead that you know what you are getting.
Expensive mistake if it tastes like shit ;)
I dont touch the stuff myself, just what have heard from peeps who do.

Reactions: glenwilson
A lot of the reviews say they have a weird taste which was making me wonder about them. None really compared them with anything so you have something to go by. Have tasted a lot of the whisky up here and only one I like is Rosebank. Would rather have a beer!

I've heard some of the Japanese brands have been winning all the international whisky awards. (Yes. There are international whisky awards.) Don't ask me which brands though. If you're sticking to the Scottish stuff, I'd recommend Bunnahabhain. It does the job. 🥃

• Love
Reactions: glenwilson
We (she) has quite a few whiskies but is really keen to try a Japanese one. Will look out for that one though - not heard of that one at all.

Users who are viewing this thread