is that hot...

glenwilson

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Nice beer - great for hot weather. Had quite a few of those when we were in Thailand a few years back. Going to choose a selection of beers for this afternoon whilst watching the British Grand Prix (hoping for another English victory after last nights 1:0 in the Women's World Cup). Thinking of having a saison, chocolate IPA, Rev. James (from Wales), and maybe a couple of others (home brews). Not done any brewing for a while as I need to stock up on malts but may get a wheat beer on the go this week to use up what I have left.

RIZLOID

EL Gringo
NRU Member
10 Oct 2012
London
Now having....
Glen watchout for that Purple Moose welsh beer from a bloke who has a dog called Bradgy. Ive translated the ingredients on the label for you.

Bradgymw's piss part of madog.

LOL, wonder what part of the dog it came from :banned:

glenwilson

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
:)

There is better beer than the Purple Moose stuff - may explain why I may not bother with it again. There are loads of other great beers though. Anyway, if it is OK to have coffee that has been through a cats poop chute then I'm sure other animal sourced "ingredients" may be OK!

lakaelo

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
Münstermaifeld
www.mayfieldgarden.de
:)

There is better beer than the Purple Moose stuff - may explain why I may not bother with it again. There are loads of other great beers though. Anyway, if it is OK to have coffee that has been through a cats poop chute then I'm sure other animal sourced "ingredients" may be OK!
i can make you some of this coffee too and i suggest its a lot cheaper. :joker:

Steffos666

NRU Member
16 Oct 2012
Köln
The saison was nice, not too sour but the chocolate beer was absolutely disgusting. Was like having to drink a whole bottle of medicine!
thats why we have rules in bavaria ^^

nothing in beer but water malt hop and yeast

chocolate beer that sounds like made in hell ^^

Well in bavaria they realized that beer is the product with the least toxic substances in it :D (but the alcohol off course)

glenwilson

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Most small breweries would also be malt, hop and water but some of the other beers (those that use coffee beans) are also fine. Belgians produces some great beers with fruit. The large brewery I worked for would "make" beers from a base beer by adding colouring, flavours and so on - and that is why they were horrid beers.