Installing New Gpu

• Thread starter BruceWillii
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
BruceWillii

BruceWillii

NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Germany
hi m8s,

tommorrow i'll get my new GTX 1060 6GB Phoenix OC GoldenSample.
i wonder if it runs without installing the gpu driver again. because now i run the gtx 560 ti which has the same driver (376.33). can i just change cards without uninstalling driver with ddu and without installing it again after change of the cards???

i might it will run but i am always like to have a "clean" install. i deinstall all the old driver, change the card, reinstall the newest driver. ready :) since nvidia also have the nividia experience tool its even more useflull you bring that to the newest version and its just a short and easy install.

Reactions: BruceWillii
But i got that newest version already installed.

yes, but connected to your old grafikcard. as is said, it should run but, i for myself, don´t like this. because your new one is using new shader, other audio, just other parts of this driver as your old one. i like a fresh install and its done in 3-4 minutes and you don´t have to pay exttra lol

Reactions: BruceWillii
i reinstalled old driver now with ddu. change cards and installed the driver. bf1 runs as smooth as butter on ultra now.

Last edited:
Just wondering as I've seen decent reviews for 1050Ti running at 1080p which is what my screen is (though a bit wider). Not seen any 4K super wide monitors yeta no I bet they would be very ££££.

Users who are viewing this thread