Homemade pizza

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
RIZLOID

RIZLOID

EL Claymortarer
NRU Member
10 Oct 2012
London
All that cheese its going to overflow :oops:

Steffos666

Steffos666

NRU Member
16 Oct 2012
Köln
Nice pancake :D what flour are you feeding your sourdough with?

Cheers on having the motivation to do sourdough in the summer :D i always lose fun in the warm kitchen to bake at 250°C in the 32°C kitchen

Maybe lievito madre would be an idea. Sourdough with double amount of wheat flour than water :) had one until it spoiled in the fridge but made some good chiabatta

Do you use spontanious sour dough or are you continuously feeding it?

glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
I had been feeding it regularly but ended up always having too much. Now make sure that I have about 100gms and when I am baking give it a feed with 50gms of strong white canadian flour (we got a 10kg bag when flour was hard to get and have continued since as it seems to be good flour. Store it in a 30l food grade storage container). Then give it another feed with 75gm flour and then use the starter leaving about 100gms. Tend to do one loaf a week and vary the type. Will do a plain white, then a full wholegrain and then some bread using other flours. Try an use organic where possible. Since doing it this way I have never had a duff loaf and it has been better than most sourdough bread we have bought except for the German ones - but it is close to that! 😀

Normally time the baking so we will have the oven on for cooking dinner just after to save having to pre-heat it. Once I found a routine the bread has been more consistent and successful. Main thing is not to try and rush it.

Reactions: lakaelo and Riot_co

Users who are viewing this thread