Homemade pizza

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Nice pancake :D what flour are you feeding your sourdough with?

Cheers on having the motivation to do sourdough in the summer :D i always lose fun in the warm kitchen to bake at 250°C in the 32°C kitchen

Maybe lievito madre would be an idea. Sourdough with double amount of wheat flour than water :) had one until it spoiled in the fridge but made some good chiabatta

Do you use spontanious sour dough or are you continuously feeding it?

I had been feeding it regularly but ended up always having too much. Now make sure that I have about 100gms and when I am baking give it a feed with 50gms of strong white canadian flour (we got a 10kg bag when flour was hard to get and have continued since as it seems to be good flour. Store it in a 30l food grade storage container). Then give it another feed with 75gm flour and then use the starter leaving about 100gms. Tend to do one loaf a week and vary the type. Will do a plain white, then a full wholegrain and then some bread using other flours. Try an use organic where possible. Since doing it this way I have never had a duff loaf and it has been better than most sourdough bread we have bought except for the German ones - but it is close to that! 😀

Normally time the baking so we will have the oven on for cooking dinner just after to save having to pre-heat it. Once I found a routine the bread has been more consistent and successful. Main thing is not to try and rush it.

Reactions: lakaelo and Riot_co

Users who are viewing this thread