Guilin peaks top of the mountain

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
M

metroM_SRT

12 Mar 2023
So, as I've promised Edgarsmelderis - I'm posting a discussion about the top of the mountain on Guilin peaks.

It became an issue this round mostly because the few players up top were basically unhittable through the leaves - bullets do go through some leaves, but not through the others.

Explosions act in the same way - I hit dead on with RPGs and the M32 GL, but they took no damage.-

With the fact that they stole our heli - we couldn't counter them at all. The round was at the end, so it didn't matter much, but I still think this should be discussed.

Should it be banned? It is very hard to counter as it's a huge height advantage, plus they can't be hit properly.

Cheers

Just from my point of view, not saying it should be banned or not, the advantage of getting up there is negligible.

For me, it should be allowed, you can try to cruise missle people on top of the mountain by bomber or just fly with heli (dont let them steal it lol).

I would tend to say: Get out your stingers, get your heli back and hunt them down. It's not that the transport heli is that overpowered on this map and cannot be taken down with some stinger/SRAW shots.

Im ok with it too, in fact I saw them on mountain from heli, they can be easily roadkilled with it. So all you need is a heli and they are dead

Reactions: kejcpi
i not even see the advantage you have up there. i've been up there a few times myself and the only advantage was to hunt some clan members and annoy them. but can´t say i could make more kills from up there because when i moved my gun thrue the "invisible wall" so the bullets also going thrue that, i was also hitable.

so for me it's not something we should pay much attention to

Reactions: Akhara
I would tend to say: Get out your stingers, get your heli back and hunt them down. It's not that the transport heli is that overpowered on this map and cannot be taken down with some stinger/SRAW shots.
The issue we had is - we couldn't get up there. They stole our heli, we could take out theirs but they just left our heli on top of the mountain, so it never respawned as it was never destroyed.

Maybe that sorta stuff shouldn't be permitted? I mean, stealing vehicles and making them inaccessible in some way.

If they steal the helicopter, thats down to the pilot being careless and just tough luck. If they steal it from your base thats a different matter, thats baserape.
There is no great advantage shooting from up there, unless its me with the Saiga+frags :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The issue we had is - we couldn't get up there. They stole our heli, we could take out theirs but they just left our heli on top of the mountain, so it never respawned as it was never destroyed.

Maybe that sorta stuff shouldn't be permitted? I mean, stealing vehicles and making them inaccessible in some way.
i see your point but its still "only" bad luck. just as a example, when your team loose the chopper to the enemy team and they have some decent pilots now in both helis and don´t got killed and run the whole round with 2 helis....what should be done there? "punish" the team with the 2 helis? forbid to take the enemy heli when you have the chance to get it somewhere? i guess no one would demand that. or sometimes i have a jeep full of my teammates and unfortunately i drove in the wrong direction so we left the map. luckily i noticed it early enough and jumped out, but all my colleagues missed that and unfortunately died. accidents like that happen too. sometimes things happend ingame. :cigar::popcorn:

Reactions: Akhara
or sometimes i have a jeep full of my teammates and unfortunately i drove in the wrong direction so we left the map. luckily i noticed it early enough and jumped out, but all my colleagues missed that and unfortunately died. accidents like that happen too. sometimes things happend ingame. :cigar::popcorn:
I know exactly what you mean, this happens a lot to me, too!
Right, @CoquilletteUwU ? :D

We were on Zavod night HC, you were driving the quad, with me riding on the back wondering if I should headshot you to pay your teamkills back.... I should have shot :cock:
Yeah, I remember that one. It was too good :D Better trust your intentions!

• Yay
Reactions: ArchangeVll

Can't think of any situation where your vehicle gets stolen by the enemy, where you can't kill it and get it back in some way (Not saying it's easy all the time). An except might be if they just "afk" with it inside their spawn. But in that case, I'm quite sure it's allowed to either kill it, or ask them to move out of the base (See rule dont be a cock).
Am I correct @lakaelo ?

Reactions: lakaelo

Users who are viewing this thread