Games for windows live

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
C

chip247

15 Mar 2012
Dont know how many of you have experience of this piece of shit drm but my recent experience have resulted in my pledging to never own a game sporting the gfwl logo ever again....

I think i mentioned at christmas that i had bought darksouls for pc which i was really looking forward to playing due to the difficulty level, however after 1 previous game return due to 'product key already used error' i bought a replacement copy only to spend the last two weeks wrestling with gfwl only to finally concede defeat to the 'xlive.dll is missing error' annoying thing is having raised a ticket with microsoft they basically fobbed me off that this was a developer problem.... namco cannot offer a fix so therefore i have a useless dvd that isnt even much use as a coater!!
Fortunately buying from amazon i can again return for a full refund.

So can anyone recommend a good game (any genre considered) which is going to challenge me & engage me for more than 4hrs playthrough, i am looking at secret world or guild wars 2 or maybe sleeping dogs, needless to say i dont want anything remotely connected to gfwl.

yeah GFWL has a lot of major bugs and have been able to sort a few for some m8s involving ports, firewall and registry but that error i'm not sure. could be an install issue so then need to download, reinstall as admin and make sure the whole thing is then there. But for some games it's just hell to try get working properly.

if you need a hard game.. with lots of gameplay.. might be hard. Nowadays most of the interesting ones seem to be too easy or too short or both. but lets see..
What about S.T.A.L.K.E.R shadow of chernobyl + clear sky + call of pripyat ? or FEAR 1 and 2 ? (3 wasn't that good imho). Sin Episodes emergence. Quake 4. Pariah. (these three pretty easy though).
Deus ex Human revolution. Singularity. Sniper Elite V2 or Sniper Ghost warrior at hard dif.

These use gamespy or steam mostly.

EDIT : Mass Effect trilogy ?

Last edited:
'xlive.dll is missing error' annoying thing is having raised a ticket with microsoft they basically fobbed me off that this was a developer problem.... namco cannot offer a fix so therefore i have a useless dvd that isnt even much use as a coater!!
Fortunately buying from amazon i can again return for a full refund.
It really can be a annoying pos GFWL, did you try the stuff here http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2900179 for missing xlive.dll?

I used to play the tiger woods pga tour games,they had huge longevity appeal and Im sure you play a bit of golf now&again I recall? so prob up your street too

not sure if they only release them for consoles nowadays though, Ive not seen a PC version for ages

tried everything i could find online sam, trouble is theres a couple of d/l links in the steam fix there but neither work!! anyways sending it back spent aprox 10 hrs trying to install & cant be arsed anymore
geno done the whole run as admin/install in compatability mode b/s, just keep getting an gfwl install error

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread