Gain more FPS in BF4

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
B

Bredabuikje

21 Mar 2023
Hi guys,

Enjoy your server very much! It's nice to see friendly chats instead of people calling each other losers and noobs etc.
I also like the map rotation. Yesterday I played some kind of jungle map which I believe I never played before (I had a 6 year break of gaming).

I would like to ask you if you agree with my vision on this.
I run the game on low settings and still get the warnings on the right while playing on your server with FPS drops and a regular freeze as well.
It was all fine in the past but I upgraded my monitor and did not realize that would effect the performace so much (in a bad way).

My pc is old and now I'm thinking about first just updating the GPU. My specs:
i5-2500K @ 3,3Ghz
8GB ram
GTX770
Monitor: G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 @ 60Hz
Windows 10. 11 can't run.

I was googling yesterday and thought to maybe upgrade to a RX 6750 XT OC Edition.
It would enable me to play BF4 with high settings provided my CPU will not be the limiting factor?

Anyone any experience or advise on the matter?

Thanks!
Bredabuikje

Cold beers and playing naked help improving skill, but fps... i dont think so.
For this monitor I would say, start with gpu and be prepared to change all the pc.

I have i3-7300, gtx1060 on middle settings no freezes, but icons i see all the time.

More RGB inside the computer usually helps with FPS.
But jokes aside, in which screen settings do you play? Which resolution? V-sync on? Maybe something is impacting your FPS there.

I know RGB will do the trick but want to use that as my last option ;)
I tried many beers and Whisky and that certainly helps!

But if you guys also see the warning messages during play then I might be worried over nothing.

I play at 2560x1440 60Hz and videosetting all at low or off. If it's possible to reduce to another lighter resolution I'm willing to thy that too of course but I could not fine anything on YT regarding this.
I heard of V-sync but have no idea what it is. I googled and it seems I should have Nvidia G-sync but I don't see it in the menu.

The plan is to get a new computer but I was advised to wait for the 7800X3D CPU which is yet to release.
As my priority is BF4 I thought that maybe getting a new card first will get me started right away to play hassle free.

I play at 2560x1440 60Hz
this is a lot of work for the "old" GTX770.
First i would lower that down to the "normal" resolution 1920 x 1080. i played a lot with the 770 too and it was really fine running on some middle settings. but there are a lot of ingame settings what are influence the performance in a huge way. have you switched the FPS indikator on? you can do this inside the origin settings. i tried it that way that i select the middle settings and than tried all other settings beside that and ticked it on or off to see how the performance / FPS is dropping or not.

also some point. don´t ask me why but running with 16gb is also a huge improvement

Reactions: Huilo_Ren_666
One moment, gpu is 2 or 4 gb ram ? If its 2 try sharing your ram with gpu, but then you will be short with 8gb of system ram.
My suggestion is: dont waste money on temporary fps fix but try upgrading whole pc

Yeah guys, you are all right!
My GPU sounds like it´s about to take off while playing BF4 :)

I downloaded Fraps and played on your server just now. The FPS was not bad, around 110, but I do get freezes when it's crowded and drops to 20 or so.
That might be computer related itself of course.

As advised earlier, a new computer is the best choice as this one is 12 years old or so and I better prepare if BF6 ever comes out!
Thanks a lot for the input everyone, much appreciated!

Reactions: glenwilson
There is a command to show fps in bf4
perfOverlay. drawfps 1

Welcome and thank you for your feedback
Dog GIF by ViralHog

• Haha
Reactions: lakaelo
To be honest in BF4 you don't need to have it set on ultra or even high settings. I have a GTX 1050Ti 4 GB which is fine for 2560x1080 in ultra. My monitor is limited to 60 fps. I need to upgrade the whole PC really.

That card cost me £159 in 2018 and would now cost £350 for a used one! WTF

Last edited:
I have the RTX3080, I9 32GB and Vsync gaming monitor.
Setup can be done automatically by the monitor, Razer or pc (they all choose similar settings) and I still see some icons once in a while.
Latency in game is always very low and ping at home is 4ms.

Thanks for all the replys guys, appreciate it!

I do have a new computer in sight but, as someone remarked earlier, I only have 8GB DDR3 memory. When the building collapses in Shanghai it's hard to play the map, lot's of stutter and freezes.
When I shut down the game I saw the memory was at 98%. As I test I bought 16GB DDR3 extra which arrived today and I just placed it. Will go on your server now :) and see what happens.

Will most likely still buy the new pc (of course) but I only play BF4 so it's worth trying this first I guess...

Users who are viewing this thread