First try of turkish mokka

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
I will drink almost any coffee. But I really dislike Turkish and Greek "coffee". Have tried it quite a few times and still not acquired the taste. Also don't take sugar and I guess that doesn't help. Looks more complicated than an espresso.Interested to see what you think though.

Most things show one of those small stove top pots but a small saucepan should be OK.

Reactions: lakaelo
We need a tutorial from Osman :)

Made myself the first Mokka for ages^^

I like it actually but having bought a new espressomachine in january didnt help in making the decission easier for what coffee to make first.

easy way to deal with this: just drink coffee, black, no sugar. No need for the fancy schmancy shit :D

Everyone knows Irish breakfast tea is the one true hot drink, none of this coffee rubbish

Everyone knows Irish breakfast tea is the one true hot drink, none of this coffee rubbish
rubbish. pfft. coffee all the way. pitch black, strong as anything.

First of all Turkish Coffee cups are smaller than regular coffee or tea cups. Its is more like an espresso cup.

You need a Turkish coffee pot first. If you want to make it for one person only, put water in the pot ( a standard glass of water will be enough ). After putting water, with a dessert spoon, put 2 or 2,5 of coffee in the pot. ( for multiple persons you can use multiple pots or a bigger pot with more coffee )

After this you can add sugar with tea spoon, 1 spoon of sugar will be medium, 2 spoon of sugar will be tasty.

After this put it in the low fire and mix it like 10 seconds and leave it for boiling. First You will see the bubbles. When you see its boiling, take it from fire and pour it in the cup.

If everything is correct, after drinking it you will see the coffee at the bottom of the cup.

More coffee in the put will make it more stronger like 2,5 or 3 times with dessert spoon.

Enjoy :)

Last edited:
First of all Turkish Coffee cups are smaller than regular coffee or tea cups. Its is more like an espresso cup.

You need a Turkish coffee pot first. If you want to make it for one person only, put water in the pot ( a standard glass of water will be enough ). After putting water, with a dessert spoon, put 2 or 2,5 of coffee in the pot. ( for multiple persons you can use multiple pots or a bigger pot with more coffee )

After this you can add sugar with dessert spoon again, 1 spoon of sugar will be medium, 2 spoon of sugar will be tasty.

After this put it in the low fire and mix it like 10 seconds and leave it for boiling. First You will see the bubbles. When you see its boiling, take it from fire and pour it in the cup.

If everything is correct, after drinking it you will see the coffee at the bottom of the cup.

More coffee in the put will make it more stronger like 2,5 or 3 times with dessert spoon.

Enjoy :)
<speechless>

I do love coffee but I have to admit that isn't for me. You do mean dessert spoons rather than tea spoons? Tea spoon is about 5gm sugar, dessert spoon is 10 gms.

When I left school many many moons ago, I did some part time work in a posh restaurant as a wine waiter, serving drinks, decanting wine to candle light and to help out made hundreds of turkish coffees. Like milk boils over, so does turkish coffee and has to be removed from the heat before it boils over. If it boils over it is ruined as you are left with little water and lots of coffee sediment. We only ever used one size pot (for one) two coffees two pots. I got to be really good at it even though I cant stand the stuff myself :ROFLMAO:

<speechless>

I do love coffee but I have to admit that isn't for me. You do mean dessert spoons rather than tea spoons? Tea spoon is about 5gm sugar, dessert spoon is 10 gms.

For the coffee, yes you put it with dessert spoon, for the sugar tea spoon is enough. I made a mistake there

I woke up during the night worrying about that! 😆 I know it is quite strong coffee but with that amount of sugar the spoon would have stood up on its own.

It really amazes me how stupid things can make our minds work in stupid ways.

i had a new try this morning and more like osman told. so used just 2 teespoons mocca now with one teespoon sugar. also gave it more time and really avoid to get any cook/bubbles and so the mocca had nearly 15 minutes just to "brew/simmering".

very nice and mild taste and delicious. for me a bit too much sugar so i will reduce this a bit more next time. but i am on the way :D

What is the difference with the coffee? Does it have to be a particular roast and what sort of grind. We can get that brand over here but it doesn't say what it is. Just curious as to what makes it a "Turkish" coffee. Tempted to try using some normal coffee just to see what that is like brewing it that way now.

Unlike regular coffees, after you drink it you can still see the coffee with huge amount at the bottom of cup. And if you try to eat it, it may feel like you eat tea. although not like tea, it will still be tasty but it has too many particles. It is more intense than regular coffees. And i forgot to say very important detail, it is always served with a glass of water with it. So after drinking it, you need to drink a glass of water in order to feel more fresh.

Reactions: glenwilson

Users who are viewing this thread