Energy saving, consumption and other stuff

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
We need smart meters to get that info. Ask for a smart meter and their system crashes. Also, they cannot change our meters for some reason. So effed up.

• Sad
Reactions: blugi21
We need smart meters to get that info. Ask for a smart meter and their system crashes. Also, they cannot change our meters for some reason. So effed up.
oh, i think we are on the way to that. i know a lot of companies who already using this and when i remember right there is a new law that every company have to bring it to use to there customers.

I'd hate to find out what my PC is using. 1200w power supply running the PC with water pump, 7 fans and the 3090 (graphics card turned down to 85% today), 2 monitors that never go off.
When it was hot a couple of weeks ago, I was also using an AC unit blowing cold air to the PC. Still dont have a clue what it is using.
The funny part is my wife keeps telling me to switch off lights......If she only knew :oops:

I'd hate to find out what my PC is using. 1200w power supply running the PC with water pump, 7 fans and the 3090 (graphics card turned down to 85% today), 2 monitors that never go off.
When it was hot a couple of weeks ago, I was also using an AC unit blowing cold air to the PC. Still dont have a clue what it is using.
The funny part is my wife keeps telling me to switch off lights......If she only knew :oops:
i guess they run one of them just for you lol

episode 1 powerplant GIF

• Haha
Reactions: blugi21
For the PC, I used to switch it on if I needed to do something and then leave it running until I was coming back to it but now tend to switch it off after use. Also use iPads for Youtube rather than the PC if I am watching something in the background.

Overall, if you can reduce consumption by switching off items then that is a better way to go than worrying about items on standby. For some things you do need to power off properly rather than just switch off, sockets that are remote controllable or programable can help to make it easier especially for sockets/plugs buried behind furniture. The adapters will use some power but will be less than having something on all the time.

Reactions: blugi21 and lakaelo

Users who are viewing this thread