Donations To Run The Server

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
lakaelo

lakaelo

NRU Heed
just a short notice about our donation we need to running our server / website stuff. every month we need around 75.- GBP / 85.- € for the bf4 server and the procon layer. not talking about the domain fee or costs for the website software and so on.

in the past we reached our payment target every month and if not, we had some spared saving from the other months. as you can see into the donation list, we have nearly always the same donators every month to help the server running but this needs some more who giving some money for the clan costs.

our current credit is nearly done and we will appeal to all other clanmember/player/regulars to make some donation if they can afford this. every 5.- € is helping and if we would have a bigger round of regular donations, its easier to get our monthly payment goal.

Screen Shot 2017 10 12 at 163831

Personally, I think that the donation for server is good value and has been a lot of fun recently.

Whilst PayPal may not be the greatest or most popular way to donate it is probably cost effective and generally easier than some of the alternatives. Whilst they have fees they are a lot less than some other methods of moving money between people.

For example, for me to post €10 to laka would £1.17 (plus an envelope) or £6 with tracking and signature. There is also the hassle of getting Euros and stamps, posting it as where we are post offices are not local so add some car fuel on to that too!

Using something like Western Union to transfer funds can be done for free (takes about 6 days) into a bank account but generally costs about £5 for a transfer to a person even for an amount of £10.

Compared to the 54p PayPal cost for my £10 both those above start to look expensive.

Reactions: Mac and Teofild
There is a Mobile pay thing, that let you donate/pay throu it, charges your mobile. Cant remember what its called, will look into it! ;)

There is a Mobile pay thing, that let you donate/pay throu it, charges your mobile. Cant remember what its called, will look into it! ;)

I can do that from my account but it does mean (for me) that I need to know account details for the other person. Whilst there are safeguards I'm not sure I would like to share my bank account details to enable that.

Wait we talking about the mobile pay that uses a phone number to pay, cos that shouldn't need bank details?

Users who are viewing this thread